Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
D3ath D3fy3r's Signature Arts

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Counter
  +1
View Results

iRawrRawr

Gallant Sex Symbol

13,150 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:58 am
Hey guys, check out my shop. Just follow this link here

I have had a few years of experience with photoshop, so check it out, and even if you don't buy something, tell me what you think.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:23 am
I am sorry d3ath d3fy3r, but I don't think they are that great. They seem very flat and no depth to them. They also all seem to have a black background and really doesn't help the avi's in front. The font is also god awful for the signature too. sweatdrop

Sorry man, no hard feelings or anything.  

Angry Sofa

Gaian

iRawrRawr

Gallant Sex Symbol

13,150 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:12 pm
The Amazing Genjo
I am sorry d3ath d3fy3r, but I don't think they are that great. They seem very flat and no depth to them. They also all seem to have a black background and really doesn't help the avi's in front. The font is also god awful for the signature too. sweatdrop

Sorry man, no hard feelings or anything.

Well, opinions are opinions. MANY people say they like them. Unfortunately you don't. That's life.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:49 am
Actually, I personally felt they could use some improvement, as well.  

.+Destiny.Eclipsed+.

Friendly Shapeshifter

iRawrRawr

Gallant Sex Symbol

13,150 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:37 pm
congradulations... igaf wat u think. I never said i was professional. And i'm sure as hell that you're not either. So mind your own...  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:29 pm
neutral But... you asked people to tell you what they think. That won't always just be praise, sometimes it'll be people who think you could do better, or even some that hate your work.

And no, I'm not presently a professional (unless you count the small semi-freelance web design and character/logo design job I got from a man who's even spacier than I am, or the three web sites I've done for myself and a friend), but I am working on becoming a professional, thank you.  

.+Destiny.Eclipsed+.

Friendly Shapeshifter

Poppea

Popular Genius

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:50 pm
Aw, those are cute!
Personally I don't think anything is wrong with them biggrin . People that buy custom graphics aren't artists themselves, so they're fine.

Of course, improvement doesn't hurt though. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:24 am
dontgetinmyface
Aw, those are cute!
Personally I don't think anything is wrong with them biggrin . People that buy custom graphics aren't artists themselves, so they're fine.

Cute how?

Most of them looked evil-ish.

Anyways. Don't gripe on people when they critique you when you say you want people to tell you what they think. Plus that is WAYY over priced.  

Jowad

Poppea

Popular Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:23 am
Why can't it not be cute :'(  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:35 pm
Kinky-Os was just saying they don't really look cute, like, they don't have kittens and fluffy bunnies and stuff. They have darkness and jagged shapes and such, things that generally aren't associated with "cute." ^^  

.+Destiny.Eclipsed+.

Friendly Shapeshifter

iRawrRawr

Gallant Sex Symbol

13,150 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:38 pm
Kinky-Os
dontgetinmyface
Aw, those are cute!

Cute how?

Anyways. Don't gripe on people when they critique you when you say you want people to tell you what they think. Plus that is WAYY over priced.

yeah yeah i know. i was just in a pissy mood. But pricing is pricing. Some people draw for a couple hours and get 100k i do this for however long and get 15k. It just depends on what people think is good. But thanks for the input...  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:59 pm
d3ath d3fy3r
Kinky-Os
dontgetinmyface
Aw, those are cute!

Cute how?

yeah yeah i know. i was just in a pissy mood. But pricing is pricing. Some people draw for a couple hours and get 100k i do this for however long and get 15k. It just depends on what people think is good. But thanks for the input...
ahh  

Jowad

Philix Maximize

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:06 am
d3ath d3fy3r
congradulations... igaf wat u think. I never said i was professional. And i'm sure as hell that you're not either. So mind your own...

even if one is not a chef, one can tell that a food is good or not.
one does not have to be a professional to say that your art needs
improvement. although of course, at the end of it all, we all have
different tastes.

your art in my opinion, if I rate it from 1 to 10 (1 being the lowest)
its a 4. that pretty much says it all I guess.

that's your style. you may change it, or improve it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:07 am
Everyone starts off somewhere though. Mind you, I'm sure a lot of us first started off like this, but with practice and confidence, you get better over time. I remember when I started doing signatures about 5 or 6 years ago, I was no different.

All I'm saying is, in my opinion, these aren't bad, but we all improve over time.  

Keiravarutri

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff