Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
DiC vs. Cloverway

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Venombabe

Timely Muse

14,125 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:02 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

==========
A very small degree of hope

Alright, well for those of you who are major SM fans (and who in the guild isn't?) are aware that when time for dubbing of the Sailor Moon S arc came around, a company called Cloverway took it, as well as Supers.

The question is, which was a better dub? Both have pros and cons. Like such as this; while DiC cut some episodes (such as "Minako's Tragic Love!" or whatever it was called) it still had some good voices to dub the series. Or with Cloverway, while they didn't cut any episodes, they did forever give people a controversy of Haruka/Michiru's "real" relationship...and made people ponder the cousin status ._.

So which do you think? DiC or Cloverway?

is sufficient to cause the birth of love
==========

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:44 am
Cloverway is responsible for the S and Supers dub?! I hate those dubs! The incessant slang! The crappy voices! GO DIC!!!  

NichiTsukinoko

l Sailor Cancer l

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:52 pm
I hate cloverfield! usagi and chibiusa's voices were horrid so was all the slang i think i heard her say whats up dawg b4 n then dic took like 6-8 episodes from the 1st 2 seasons out of it n they both were edited alot I hope funimation does redub the whole thing again accurate and non edited  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:25 pm
Yeah. That's the main reason I stopped watching S and Supers on cable. I grew up with DiC being responsible for most all the cartoons I watched in my life. I do know some people who liked the Cloverway dubbing better. I don't understand why confused

As for cutting episodes, DiC wanted to make the show appropriate for children at about 7. For the American public, portraying a girl faking her death is not appropriate--to some--and I knew they'd ******** up Haruka and Michiru. They really made things worse by making them cousins because...here in Tennessee...it's legal to marry your second cousin...so.... yeah. DiC also cut the Gypsy'Haunted Hotel episode because of the portrayal of Earthly ghosts verses the negaverse monsters they were fighting before (they could kill the monsters but not the psychic energy formation thingy). Now, that wouldn't be such a problem because children are so desensitized by the supernatural and violence. Now if we could get past the homophobia, we'd be in business.  

latitude_cat

6,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100

Ryuondo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:51 am
Didn't know it was taken over from DiC. I never really noticed the difference.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:44 pm
Serena's voice is terrible, it was hard to watch!!! (in the cloverway ones, I mean)  

xLolitapop

Venombabe

Timely Muse

14,125 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:47 pm

==========
A very small degree of hope

I agree with what you all have said so far about Serena's voice actress in the Cloverway seasons. I hate it as well >_<

is sufficient to cause the birth of love
==========

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:03 am
xLolitapop
Serena's voice is terrible, it was hard to watch!!! (in the cloverway ones, I mean)

I know. I like her voice in season 1 and 2 better. It was just so gross and squeeky in s and SuperS.  

NichiTsukinoko

Home

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff