Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Iran what is your opinion? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think North Korea will do?
  Will North Korea declare War
  will we declare war
  well we just let OBAMA take over and let us all get killed
View Results

xxpeaceful_dreamsxx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:02 pm
I say that Iran is going to defeat it self and everyone around in the protesting is doing so much we have protesters crowding our streets but they do have right not to be killed and have acid to kill them it is like another Holocaust

LB edit: Fixed poll.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:36 am
xxpeaceful_dreamsxx
I say that Iran is going to defeat it self and everyone around in the protesting is doing so much we have protesters crowding our streets but they do have right not to be killed and have acid to kill them it is like another Holocaust

We are going to have to stop Korea from having Nukes but, other then that this is not the US and we should not try to control them. As for the comment about the protesters: In america we have more rights. We need people to understand it is different in the middle east areas and they will kill anyone.  

Pumona

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:27 am
If you want to know what's going to happen in Iran, read up on Tiananmen Square. The Iranian regime just doesn't have the cracks between itself and the military needed to cause a major downfall.

North Korea is going to end up as a war on our hands.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:30 am
@LB - I doubt this will be a repeat of Tiananmen Square... the protests are much larger, and the groups are more varied than some student activists. The playfield is much different, as China is a communist regime, and Iran is a pseudo-Democracy... so they still have rights, let's just hope that the Clerics decide to allow a forced resignation of the current president. I think with all the attention the protests are getting the infrastructure of the nation is doomed to fall at some point. Even though they don't have a military to currently back them up, something will happen. If Iran decides to use their military on the protests I'm positive the world will step in.  

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:59 pm
Quote:
I doubt this will be a repeat of Tiananmen Square... the protests are much larger

Tiananmen was around a million. Iran has yet to mobilize that many on the streets.

Quote:
and the groups are more varied than some student activists.

Tiananmen included widely disparate groups. Some were disillusioned party officials, some were pro-democratic reformers, some were communist out-groups, and some were students. Low and behold, Iran has no shortage of students among its protesters either.

Quote:
The playfield is much different, as China is a communist regime, and Iran is a pseudo-Democracy

The China of Tiananmen Square was a post-Maoist society, where the horrors of the Cultural Revolution had caused a significant step back from hard line Maoist Communism. China by this time had undergone significant market reforms and had gone through a period as a full-fledged US ally. Iran, on the other hand, is still a hard line fundamentalist regime, and has not had the full excesses of that ideology thrust upon its populace and led into discredit. Mousavi himself doesn't really fit the bill as a reformist, and most of these elections are just dog and pony shows where the real power will be wielded by the clerical council. The population is only thirty years removed from the Iranian Revolution, and only a little more than 20 years removed from the Iran-Iraq war. If anything, Iran isn't developed enough for a Tiananmen Square yet, China was much further along.

Quote:
so they still have rights,

You don't really believe that, do you? In Iran, while Ahmedinejad was president opposition publications were shut down, cultural police enforced the burka rules, and outside media and communications were heavily policed or blocked outright. I think you've fallen in with some people who've romanticized a bit more about Iran than the truth really justifies.

Quote:
let's just hope that the Clerics decide to allow a forced resignation of the current president.

Fat chance of that.

Quote:
I think with all the attention the protests are getting the infrastructure of the nation is doomed to fall at some point.

One has nothing to do with the other.

Quote:
Even though they don't have a military to currently back them up, something will happen.

Ahmedinejad was not without support, and in fact, many reputable polling agencies reported no surge at all for Mousavi in the polling leading up to the election. The numbers these early polls produced showed Ahmedinejad winning by about the margin the Clerics certified. If so, even if so dissident element of the Revolutionary Guard or police did back the protesters, the Basij militia were heavy Ahmedinejad supporters and may have an even greater supply of manpower to draw on, and will have all the weapons they need from the state.

Quote:
If Iran decides to use their military on the protests I'm positive the world will step in.

There's an old saying: There's only ever been five people in history who've died for you; Jesus Christ, the American soldier, the British soldier, the Australian soldier, and the Canadian soldier. If you think the world is going to get involved, who on earth is going to lead them? Obama is taking a strict hands off approach. The rest of the anglo-sphere isn't touching this until America steps in. And good luck getting anyone else in Europe to lead the charge. Sarkozy doesn't have the equipment, Merkel has no projection capability, and the Italian, Polish, and Spanish militaries combined couldn't conquer a Persian brothel. Face it, unless we go in, nobody else will.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:23 pm
Iran has gone to far I was listening to CNN and Fox news I mean this is terrible pick up trucks for bodies....chopping them like animals......shotting......it is a blodd bath I mean seriously we need to stop that dicator we must do something we can not make this almost like Vietnam we left them there it was terrible and we will never do that again and this dicator is killing his people it is outrageous we need to sign a petition or something or even write a letter to obama we need this and everyone one know this  

xxpeaceful_dreamsxx

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:46 am
Mouse I refer your attention to this:
http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/06/25/iran.election/index.html
Quote:
An Iranian opposition party postponed a rally planned for Thursday, a day after security forces crushed a planned demonstration with a show of force.

It's getting real Tiananmeny out there.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:47 pm
Lord Bitememan
Mouse I refer your attention to this:
http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/06/25/iran.election/index.html
Quote:
An Iranian opposition party postponed a rally planned for Thursday, a day after security forces crushed a planned demonstration with a show of force.

It's getting real Tiananmeny out there.

How can the world just sit back and watch and not do anything to help the protesters who are obviously just... after all, we needed help from France to defeat the Brits  

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200

xxpeaceful_dreamsxx

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:18 am
well they don't want us to come into there business they are country of which they think that they are independent so protesters here in U.S. (iranians) they can rally or protest with out getting killed, or cut like beef D:  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:24 am
Quote:
How can the world just sit back and watch and not do anything to help the protesters who are obviously just... after all, we needed help from France to defeat the Brits

Even if the rest of the world weren't hung up by two factors: first being the progressive desire to view everything through the lens of moral relativism rather than applying a firm single moral standard to the world, the second being their own populations' total aversion to military adventurism, even then they lack the power to do anything about it. Only the US has the projection capability, clarity of moral vision, and willingness to help. And we just elected Obama who sides firmly with the doves. Sorry protesters, the world's afraid of offending you by helping.  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:06 am
http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/06/29/iran.election/index.html

In short, they're beat. Some choice excerpts:

Quote:
No Iranian presidential candidates had filed complaints as a Monday deadline approached in the country's disputed presidential election

Quote:
Moussavi rejected the offer of a partial recount and refused to appoint a representative to the committee,

Quote:
At least 17 protesters have been killed, according to official statistics, and the actual number may be higher.

Quote:
about 5,000 people shuffled in silence down Tehran's Shariati Street to the Ghoba mosque.

As I said before, Tiananmen Square. They rallied, the government crushed them, now all that's going are are sad funeral marches to mourn their dead attempts at liberty. The status quo prevailed in Iran. Now we in the west need to do two things, abandon the notion that anything we do will have an impact on the reform movement since that movement is now dead as a smelt, and make a call on whether or not we're going to let that nation have nuclear weapons.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:41 pm
Kim-Jong-Il is a nutcase. Granted he is my kind of nutcase(he watches old movies and makes statues of himself in godlike poses) but a nutcase nonetheless. I can see South Korea going to war in a month. We will be dragged in and China will lock its arms and do nothing. And sadly South Korea is going to eat a nuke. Just my prediction.  

Vasilius Konstantinos

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:32 pm
Don't forget, Kim's a brandy drinker too. He might not be my kinda guy, but I'll definitely toss back a few from his cellar.

As for war and WMD exchange, I think the top priority in the opening salvos would be to neutralize their delivery capacity. Never underestimate the lovely little gadgets we have wandering in our military repository. Remember watching 1991 in Baghdad on TV?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:53 am
In response to the poll Obama will never go to war with North Korea he's to stupid and korea will never declare war they'll just launch missles at us nuclear ones too! And the United Nations is just a waste keeping us from making Nukes we need them do you know how manty north korea has and Chinas gonna get involved too! And us selling our scrap metal to them made it worse now they have a navy we could have taken them down in a heart beat if we needed to now they might be able to deafeat us especaily now that they could get a hold of nukes from north korea. I even see Russia still as a threat too. I can see one two or all three of these countries taking over the world in the near future. I'm predicting a World War 3 in some of our life times. And Obama will do nothing! And the media is horrible all they care about right now Is Jackson no one knows about North Korea launching 7 more nuclear missles!!! We are in huge danger sometimes I don't feel Safe in the U. S. with how things are going. WE ARE ALL IN DANGER OF A NUCLEAR WAR!!! wahmbulance  

DudeGuyman the original

cherrydarlin999

5,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:56 pm
*cherry*

I think we should get the hell out of Iran and Iraq. Then we wait awhile and see what Afgranstan turns out to be. If it calms down, we get our troops back home, pronto. Now, N.Korea. ******** 'em. Set Nukes up, and make sure N.Korea is totally blown up. and they can't fire back.

but i kno none of this will happen. becuz Obama's an idiot and he's gonna get us all blown up before we can do anything.

The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff