Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Biggest Giveaway Guild. Free items and Gold!

Back to Guilds

The best way to make friends, have fun, and win gold and items. 

Tags: Free, Gold, Giveaway, Contests, Rich 

Reply T3h Giveaway!
The guide to vending..(under construction) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

did you find this guide helpful?
yes
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
no
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

ThrilIer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:25 pm
Welcome Everyone! ^^

Hello, everyone.

This guide to vending was passed down to me from a vendor who made 1 million gold in just 48 days,
but that wouldn't happen only for the knowledge he had of working the marketplace.
In this guide I will quote what he has said, so that users like you can also earn 1 million gold also in just 48 days.
But also for this to work you must follow the instructions of what to sell and what to buy.
In this guide I will tell you the best things to buy which inflate and deflate.
Hopefully this guide will provide you with the information you need to achieve your dream items.(Without begging)
All credits go to Jace Quinn, who was the key to this knowledge.

Rules:

1.) Please, do not beg off me, or anyone else in this guild. Not only is it against this Guild's Tos
but on Gaia's Tos it is known as spamming. I have recieved a good amount of information off a site moderator. So I am pretty familliar what is acceptable around gaia, and what's not.I will be asking a mod more about what's tolerable on gaia.
2.) Do not page stretch, by accident my pages were that bit long, only to provide you with the information to earning gold.
3.) You are not allowed bump on this thread, but you may ask questions and discuss things, and of course, if you have further knowledge of vending I would love to hear extras.
4.) Respect the owner of this thread, and all moderators. failure to do so could result in your account getting banned. Not only is it rude, but disrespectful.
4.) Do not ask me questions you already know the answer to.
5.) Be nice to all users of this thread. Do not harrass them or give any smart remarks at all towards them. I will be watching this topic, and will act fast if I see something which I personally think is not acceptable.
6.) Do not quote the first page or anything that is in it. if you have any questions Private Message me, or either post it in this thread.
When a person asks a question all members posting must not post until I have replied to the question, until I say you can chat/discuss, you may resume what you were talking about in the thread.
7.) Be extremely respectful towards the owner of this Guild Fyouck.
8.) Do not advertise in this guild or post over-sized graphic material which stretches the page.

• Do not be afraid to Private Message me if you have any questions. And if you are being hassled please don't hesitate to bring it to my attention. =)  
  • PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:27 pm
    Navigation

res.  

ThrilIer

ThrilIer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:28 pm
    Avoiding Hacks, Scams, & Phishing Phiends

A huge part of getting rich is staying rich. Granted, the knowledge you gain by getting there will still be with you if you get hacked. But the Ninjaband you worked so hard for wont be. So I have listed here some do’s don’ts and common phishing scams to look out for. Be aware that the only way for someone to hack into your Gaia account is a) through your e-mail or b) because you fell for a phishing scam. Gaia made the log-in system uncrackable and the website itself has never been hacked.

• Do have a password several characters long, with upper and lowercase and at least one number. I personally like to use the codes from under coke caps but you can have your own system, obviously.

• Do not have a weak password like *winces* “password” or your pet’s name. That goes for everywhere, not just Gaia.

• Do not use the same password for Gaia as you do for every other site.

• Do change your password regularly.

• Do not have your e-mail for Gaia be a “dead” e-mail account.

• Do use a good (but still free) e-mail provider such as Live (Hotmail/MSN) or gmail which make it very difficult for a hacker to “crack” your e-mail account.

• Do not use a “bad” e-mail provider such as Yahoo.

• Do have your account settings set so Gaia will tell you if you click a link that takes you away from the website. (Note that this will only show up if you click an external link from Gaia, never any other time.)

• Do have your account settings set so Gaia warns you of any possible scams. Such as if someone mentions the word “password” in a private message rock puppy will be in a banner at the top of the page warning you not to give out your password.

• Do join GaiaUnderground, the best source for the latest information on new hacks and scams. Click here to browse the Guild and learn how to apply.

Common phishing scams:

One of the most common phishing scams is a link in forums or a pm
    (often supposed to take you to a give-away or a cheap Market-place listing)
    that is supposed to take you to another part of Gaia but, instead, take you
    away from the site to a Gaia-lookalike where it appears as though you have
    to log back in. You put in your username and password and they log in and
    clean you out.
    Easiest way to prevent this from happening is to have your
    account settings set so that when you click an external link you get a warning
    saying you are leaving Gaia. If this is too much of a hassle you can simply
    check links before you click them by hovering your mouse over them. If the
    url isn’t where you want to go then don’t click it.

Another common phishing scam is Moderator impersonation. You get a pm
    from a user pretending to be a moderator or an administrator saying that you
    did something wrong and blah blah blah we don’t usually ask but you must pm
    back your password so they can get things straightened out. Gaia will never
    ask for your password, why would they? They can do whatever the heck they
    want to your account without it. Administrators and Moderators also have
    colored usernames and username tags. If the username is black, they’re just
    a regular user trying to scam you. Don’t be fooled.

One that cropped up a while ago (although I believe it is fixed now) was a
    random pm with a message like: “Just saying hi.” Or “Nice avi.” and then you
    would get a drop-down with the message: “This a temporary measure for the
    weekend to prevent bots. Please enter your username and password.” The
    drop-down had some kind of site-tag, as I recall, for a website that was not
    GaiaOnline but instead a kind of parasite that piggy-backed on pms and stole
    your log in information if you did as requested. You would then get hacked and
    cleaned out. If you hit cancel nothing would happen to your account. Since
    then Gaia has installed captcha messages but, if you ever see a really clever
    scam like this in the future you should be able to recognize it because Gaia
    would never implement anything like that without announcing it.

Another phishing scam I have heard about, but never seen personally, is a
    quiz in the chatterbox. Like most quizzes it asks you a zillion questions and
    among those questions are some questions that give them the answer to your
    secret information. For example, and I’ll just give a few from the hotmail
    password retrieval system, your first pet’s name, your best childhood friend,
    your grandfather’s occupation. I suspect that if you follow my Guide you wont
    need to be tempted into doing the long quizzes at all because you’ll have
    enough gold without them, but if you are you should be able to recognize
    that it’s a scam.

Trade scams. This is something you may run into if you are an Exchanger.
    Never accept a gift-wrapped item. Never believe someone if they say: “The
    trade isn’t working right, I’ll gift you the item after you complete the trade with
    my gold.” Always hover your mouse over the items you are receiving. If it looks
    like a Nitemare scarf but you hover your mouse over it and the little tag says:
    “Warm Starter Fridge” it is not a Nitemare scarf. Another thing to be aware of is
    that all the generations of all but the very earliest EIs look exactly the same.
    Hover your mouse to be sure that you are getting the correct generation.

If you have any screenies of these kinds of scams, or a new (or maybe just a different one I don’t have) scam I would love it you would send it to me.  
    PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:42 pm
    Exchanger/Vender Dictionary

AI'd:
    Artificially Inflated. Also known as Market Manipulation. This is when an individual or individuals deliberately and grossly inflate the market price for an item in order to profit from the inflation or just for the hell of it. You should be aware that this happens so you don't buy something that;s gone up 428% in the last day. Remember also: Market Manipulation does not work. Nature abhors a vaccuum.

B: Buying.

Capital: How much gold you have to spend or invest.

CS: Cash Shop items (sometimes amusingly referred to as CSIs). These are the non-evolving items that must originally be bought with Gaia cash.

DC: Daily chance. This “freebie” can be collected at each of the six main pages (Home, My Gaia, Shop, Community, World, Games.) There is no risk involved in this chance, just the chance of getting something small or something a little larger.

DIs: Donation Items, also known as a Monthly Collectibles, are items released by Gaia for $2.50 American and sold as limited edition one-month-only items.

EIs: Evolving items. Limited edition items that originally sell for real money in Gaia’s Cash Shop. They come in different generations (lower-number generations get poses before higher-number generations if the item is still evolving) so be careful with these.

G: Gold.

HTS: Hard to sell.

K: 1k = 1,000 gold. Basically k stands for a comma and three zeros. 34k (34,000). 1000k = 1 Million. It’s easier to type than a comma and three zeros, that’s why people use it. Once you stop being confused by it, you’re going to love it.

Letters: Thank You Letters are the items from which Monthly Collectibles (MCs/DIs/Donation Items) come. These are released by Gaia for $2.50 American and sold as limited edition one-month-only items.

LMP: Lowest cost listing in the marketplace for any particular item.

MCs: Monthly Collectibles, also known as Donation Items, are items released by Gaia for $2.50 American and sold as limited edition one-month-only items.

MP: Marketplace. Gaia’s e-bay-esque system for buying and selling. Sometimes people use MP to describe the price of an item, by which they mean how much it usually goes for in the marketplace.

Pure: Gaia Gold.

T/O: Taking offers.

S: Selling.

Vend: The Vend is Gaia’s marketplace. It can also be used as a verb describing a way of earning gold. This method involves combing the “vend” for good deals, buying them, and then re-selling them.

W: Wanted.

ThrilIer

ThrilIer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:44 pm
    Item Types.
    What to buy, what not to buy.
    Short & Long-term investing tips.

MCs/DIs/Letters: Gaia’s monthly collectible items. These are good for both
    short and long-term investment. They don’t go through a lot of drastic changes in
    price after about a month or so of being released but they do tend to naturally inflate
    as there are a fixed amount of them. These are a very good thing to buy as they
    come in a range of prices from 5k-millions of gold. Although the 5-50k range is the
    best profit-wise for short-term investment. Percentage of gold-to-return tells us that
    smaller MCs are better for profit as a general rule.

EIs: Evolving items. These can be good for both short and long-
    term profit. If you plan on keeping a EI for less than a day to a few weeks then the
    currently evolving items are better. If you’re only keeping it for a day until it sells then
    treat it like a MC and offer 90% of the LMP and then sell it. For a longer, better gain,
    wait until the second generation of an item has come out (this helps you determine if
    it’s good to invest in) but also the second generation tends to be cheaper (because
    there’s no gold added to the price for snob value) but still evolves right after the first
    generation. Buy one or several and wait three or four generations. Always sell for a
    good profit now and not a maybe-better profit later. For longer-term investing only
    buy EIs of which all or most of the generations are fully evolved. Build up a hoard of
    the cheapest generation as you would with an MC and it should inflate and profit
    just like one later.

CS: Cash Shop items. These are good for short and long-term investment.
    Older (but still available to be bought) CS items have a stable price (due to the
    relatively stable cash to gold ratio) and a relatively steady demand. Treat them just
    like small MCs. Still available CS items are not good for hoarding unless (as with the
    many item generating “magic boxes” they like to put out) you know they are going to
    be discontinued after a short period of time. Cash Shop items that have already been
    discontinued or are going to be soon make for good long-term investments. Between
    March of 2008 when they were discontinued and January of 2009 the Magical School
    Girl Uniforms went from 6-7k each to 20-40k each (varying by color). That’s just an
    example.

Rares: Rares are the many items that can be obtained only from
    specific ones of Gaia’s many item generating “Magic boxes.” I refer to the item
    generating bags/boxes as “Magic boxes” because not only were the original item-
    generating boxes called “Magical Gift Boxes” but there is the statistically small chance
    that opening a so-called magic box can make you instantly pixel-rich, as if by magic.
    But back to the original trend of my thoughts. Rares, provided that they are not new
    and do not come from boxes that are still widely available, can be a good short and
    long-term investment. Since there is a limited supply of them more or less and a
    steady, they can be bought and sold or hoarded just like MCs.

“Magic Boxes”: Gaia’s random item-generating bags and boxes. First rule:
    Never open them. Never. I mean it. Statistically, (and yes I am about to get all
    mathy on you, learn to deal with it) the odds of getting an item worth more than the
    box you opened aren’t great. The odds of getting an item worth enough more than
    the boxes you opened with shitty items in them to cover your losses are even worse.
    So just don’t do it. The odds of buying a recent box for 10k and turning around and
    selling it in a month or two for 20k are very good. So, why would you go for the
    extremely risky profit when there’s an even more profitable “sure bet.” Even if you
    don’t want to hoard for any length of time older “Magic Boxes” have a relatively stable
    price and relatively decent demand and can be bought and sold much like any other
    profitable item.

Event Items: Event items can be good for very short, sorta short, and extremely
    long-term investing. Event items that go for a few hundred gold can be good to buy
    and sell. A lot of people vend with them. Because there are a lot of them and they are
    cheap there is a constant supply and a constant demand. Buy a chicky for a 100g and
    sell it for 300g. You’ve now made about 200g. It’s not much at once but it is easy and
    fast. For “sorta short” investing I suggest buying Halloween and Christmas items in
    the Spring and Summer and Valentines & Easter items in the Summer and Fall. Even
    buying in the few months leading up to an event and then selling off quickly in the few
    weeks or days before and during an event can bring tremendous profit. Because profit
    is all about supply and demand. The supply remains relatively the same but during an
    event the demand goes way up so the price goes way up. Extremely long-term invest
    of a few years is, as with anything, a good way to make gold. Another thing about
    Event Items: Never buy right before, during, or right after the event. You will loose gold
    or you will have to wait a long time to profit. End of story.

Quest items: Not items that you quest for but items that come from promotiona
    l NPC quests. These are a lot like event items except that they aren’t worth any more
    at a particular time of year. A lot of them get made so there is a very large supply and
    typically not much demand. You ca often but them for less than ten gold each. You’re
    not likely to make any immediate profit from them but pick up a dozen at one gold
    each and six months or a year later when you’re having an inventory sale you sell
    them for a hundred gold each. High percentage of profit even though it takes a long
    time and doesn’t seem like much.

Commons: These are the items you can buy in Gaia stores from the NPCs. If
    you’re buying them to keep cruise the marketplace for a day or two to find a good deal
    on them. You can often get them for 65-80% of the store price. Which is a good deal
    for you. There isn’t any real, as far as I’m concerned, vending/exchanging way to profit
    from these unless you buy them for below the sell-back price (50% of the original price)
    and sell them back to the store. This is possible but not necessarily typical. The other
    way I have seen people do it is to buy very popular commons such as Leather Belts
    (they come in Red, White & Black) or Terrycloth Tube-tops for about 60% of store pice
    and selling them in the Market for 80% of store price. To me this is not worth the effort.
    There is a low margin of profit and many commons are not in high demand and so take
    a long time to sell. You might invest your 1k and earn 600g but it will take you three
    days to do it where as if you’d invest in something else you could be at 50k in three
    days from 1k. Seriously. I’ve done it. So can you.

House Items: Most house items can be bought from NPC stores and therefore
    technically fall under the category of “commons.” Except the thing about house items
    is that there is even less demand for them. Don’t bother with them at all. There is
    no point.

Game items: Game items are items such as ink, bugs, flowers, “trash”, any items
    received from fishing, fish bait, tokens, tickets, credits, pinball power-ups, ELF
    powerups, and anything else I might be forgetting along that vein. There are many ways
    to earn gold from these. Combing the marketplace for bundles of game items being
    sold for exceptionally little per item (listings for game items show two things under the
    price column overall price/unit price) is a sure way to earn. There is no long-term gain
    from this and the short-term gain isn’t much either but it’s a cheap way to start out.

Rings: Rings come from the zOMG game and due to the developers changing
    their minds there are few rings floating around that are not soulbound. They come in
    different Charge Levels (the higher the charge the more they’re worth) and since some
    people still want to buy their way through the game, they are very expensive. The
    demand isn’t crazy high and buying low charge rings and charging them up is not the
    cash cow you might hope it is. It’s a lot of work for a lot less profit than if you’d spent
    that time on other things. My end point: don’t bother.

Recipes: While not good for hoarding many zOMG-crafted items are worth much more
    than the recipes and ingredients that go into them. If you see someone giving away a ton of
    recipes- grab some or if you have some from playing the game yourself, there may be a
    "valuable" recipe among them. With a small investment to collect ingredients you could make a
    very good profit on it. Be careful, though. Some zOMG-crafted items are worth very little and
    wouldn't be worth the effort. Be sure to thoroughly research before diving in.

zOMG ingredients: Ingredients that must be used in the creation of recipes.
    Again, not the cash cow you might hope. Too much effort, not enough gain. Although,
    much like game items, if you see a huge bundle in the vend for cheap you may as
    well buy it.

zOMG-crafted items: Short term investment isn’t a bad idea. Just the same as
    buying any other 10k item for 8k and selling it in an hour for 1.8k profit. Long term
    investment in recipe items is a bad idea except, maybe, in the case of limited-time
    recipes such as the zOMG Ribbon and Reindurr but we do not know (at this point in
    time) wether or not those recipes will be re-released next Christmas. If they aren’t
    then it’d be a good investment but if they are re-released then you’d loose gold.

Aquarium Items: Fish and other items that go inside your aquarium. Fish are a
    horrible long-term investment but generally not a bad short-term investment of buying
    them for cheap in the Exchange and selling them off. As far as aquarium items go
    there's more demand than there is for house items but, again, not a good long-term
    investment. If you're planning on selling these items you should buy them for lower
    than 90% of market price. Try 75-80% and that should be okay.

Overseer Items: Things give to you by the overseer. All of the Regalia and
    Armor, etc. Bad investments. Don't bother. The single item worth bothering with is
    Titan's Legacy (Seed.) Buy a dozen of these for a 100g or whatever and the next time
    an evolution rolls around (whenever that might be) and the price spikes up again you
    can sell them off fast for a high percentage of profit.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:48 pm
    New User Guide

Welcome to Gaia. If you’ve only been around for a few days, a few weeks, a few months, then this section may be especially helpful to you. As you may have already realized, not only do many people feel no pity for newbies but some veterans actively hate them. So here I have some tips for you on how not to act so new and blend in better, etc. This first post has the tips and the second and third posts have, respectively, a quick-ish guide to all of the things you can do to get gold around the site that are not Vending or Exchanging and a more in-depth explanation of the same. So, on to my tips.

• The first thing you have to save up for to not be so n00b-ish is hair. There are some very rich Gaians I know who keep their avatars with just the ugly gray underwear on them, but you can tell they aren’t n00bs because they don’t have the haircuts that are options when you sign up. So buy yourself a different haircut as soon as you can.
    • The second thing is that veteran Gaians might dress up their avatars with the event items they just earned for a while, but you’re not going to see them wearing cheap christmas stuff in summer. You probably also wont see them wearing too many of the lame quest items long after they come out, either.
    • Third, but possibly most important, never beg. Ever. Most Gaians work hard to earn their fake gold and pixelated items so they aren’t going to donate to you just because you are new and poor, especially not since nobody probably donated to them when they were new and poor. If you are looking for a donation (although you shouldn’t be, after reading my Guide because it’s here to teach you to make your own gold, after all) you should try the Charity & Quests subforum of the Exchange. Which you can get to by clicking here.
    • The next thing is that if you don’t know something, do ask. Ask, not demand. And be polite. And be sure that you are asking in an appropriate place.
      I think that’s about it.

ThrilIer

ThrilIer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:53 pm
    Everything to do on Gaia to earn gold that isn’t Vending/Exchanging.

Freebies: I'm talking about the daily chance and the quests available and things like that.
    Always collect the daily chance on each heading page (Home, My Gaia, World, Community,
    Market, Games, News & Events, and Gaia Store). The Daily Chance only gives out Commons
    (regular items) and gold but every little bit counts. Every time Gaia has a promotional item (like
    for a movie or whatever) do the quest, watch the trailer or whatever to earn the prize. Often you
    can do these quests multiple times (usually three). Do so. Whenever Gaia has an event, collect
    all the free items they're giving away. You never know, sometime in the future your free item may
    be worth thousands or millions of gold.

Fishing: Always fish with the free bait the daily chance gives out because fish are worth
    more than bait. Even if you only use the basic rod and fish at Bass'ken you can
    earn gold from your fish and chat to make friends. Another note about fishing, you can trade in
    your fish for fish-related equip-able items such as gills and helms. You can also sell your fish in
    the Market Place, sometimes for more than Logan will buy it for, you can also do so with
    the equip-able items as well as your trash.

Gambling: Yeah, you can gamble on Gaia. I reccomend you play Slots or Black Jack with the free
    tokens the Daily Chance gives out. I find Black Jack is more profitable ticket-wise but if you
    don't know how to play the game then Slots is just fine and sometimes you might get a huge
    reward for spinning. Tickets are worth more than tokens. You can sell tickets in the Market Place
    or use them to buy items from Prize & Joy and then sell the items on the Market Place for gold.

Games: Games are fun and give you gold for highscores (and low ones, too!).
    So if you're bored you can do Jigsaws, play Pinball (and earn items as well as gold), play Word
    Bump (and earn school credits as well as gold), or play Electric Love Factory which grants gold
    and a couple of items for exceptionally high scores. I've already talked about the other games.
    Jigsaw will sometimes give out random items for completing puzzles as well as gold. Difficulty in
    puzzles counts toward how much gold you get so don't always go for easy puzzles. Pinball is
    fun and you can earn items as well as gold. Word Bump you can earn gold and school credits.
    School credits can be used to buy special items from Edmund at H & R Wesley. You can also
    sell the school credits or the items you buy after earning them. Electric Love Factory can earn
    you items as well as gold. Of course, the amount of gold you get for playing games goes down
    the more times a day you play but it resets daily. And, as always, you can chat with other users
    while you play games.

Towns: Towns are a place to 'physically' congregate with your Gaian friends. Your avatar
    shows up and you can move it around as well as chat. You can also earn gold in towns. You can
    earn gold by shaking trees, rocks, and bushes. You can also catch bugs and pick up trash. You
    simply click on an item to collect it, but if you're too far away you might miss! Bugs and trash can
    both be traded in. Bugs can be exchanged to Moira at Durem Depot for inks. (Inks, in turn can
    be traded in for tattoos or to color boquettes.) It usually takes 50 bugs to make one ink but
    sometimes you get rare bugs that make an ink by themselves. Trash can be exchanged at the
    Gambino Hat Shop for equip-able items which you can use on your avatar or sell in the Market
    Place. Another thing you can do in towns is pick flowers. You can make pretty boquettes at the
    Flower Shoppe and equip them or sell them in the Market Place. You can also sell flowers.

zOMG: zOMG is Gaia’s recently-released MMORPG. It is in the Open Beta phase of
    testing (which means that everyone signed up with Gaia can use it) so you will probably
    encounter some glitches or errors or things that will change due to the developers tweaking. You
    can still earn gold, ingredients, recipes, create items and more by playing. You can get gold
    directly by completing quests or by killing monsters. You can also get gold by selling ingredients,
    recipes and items created from recipes in the Market Place.

Bumping: You can earn gold bonuses by chatting in the forums. You can also earn gold
    by not chatting in the forums, this is generally referred to as "bumping." The amount of gold per
    post goes down the more times you do it a day but it resets everyday.

Polls: While you're chatting in the forums pause to answer some polls and earn gold
    bonuses for doing so.

Voting: Go vote and comment in the Arena. You can earn gold bonuses for voting
    and commenting. The amount of gold per comment/vote goes down the more times you do it in
    a day but it resets daily.

Journaling: Go write in your journal. Your friends can see what's on your mind
    and- guess what- you earn gold for posting in your journal. The more times you post daily the
    less gold you get each time but, as with everything else, it resets daily.

Profiles: You can earn gold bonuses by commenting on people's profiles. However
    "drive-by" commenting will probably make people mad at you. Try to keep your comments
    meaningful and courteous.

Marketplace: I've talked about it a lot already but haven't even explained it. The Market Place
    is an E-bay -esque place to buy and sell items. You can sell your items here (all of them, unlike
    in the shops which don't buy non-shop or game items). You can also buy items. I suggest doing
    this because you can usually save money on the shop price.

Selling Services: If you have a talent (such as drawing) exploit it. You can open a shop in
    the Mini Shops section of the forum and sell drawings or banners or animations or whatever
    for gold or items. You can also become employed by a bumping agency. I've never bothered
    with this but I'm pretty sure it's something along the lines of, people pay the agency to bump and
    you get paid for bumping for the people that paid the agency. (If anyone has more information
    on this please PM me and I'll edit this section.)

Booty Grab: There are two ways to earn gold from Booty Grab. One way is to play. The
    best place to look for games of Booty Grab is in the Aquariums forum. Go there, pick a thread,
    and start checking out people's signatures. Pretty much everyone in the Aquariums forum has
    their aquarium in their signatures, aquariums that display the words: "Booty Grab" inside the
    tank instead of showing fish are available to play. Depending on the fish that have triggered
    inside the tank you can earn from 50g-1,000g per game. Behind the words "Booty Grab" you
    should be able to see some fish moving aroud in an abnormal fashion. These are the fish that
    have triggered. If you see that the triggered fish are cuttlfish or some other common fish you
    may want to look for a better-endowed tank. The other way, is to have people play your tank.
    You must have it in your signature for this to happen. If you want to display it: Go to your
    aquarium, click the gear in the upper right corner of the tank, and then select "Show in
    Signature" and save. If you do not have expensive, high-trigger fish, don't expect to earn a lot of
    gold from your tank. Buying "trigger-fish" may pay off over time but it requires a substantial
    investment not only of gold, but also of time. Your tank has to be seen top get played, so you'll
    have to post in the Aquarium forum a lot.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:57 pm
    More In-depth on the non-Vending/Exchanging gold makers.

Freebies: The only real way to cash in on the freebies (other than to remember to get all of
    them everyday) is to have multiple accounts and funnel money to your main account. They call
    the ones you use just to make money Mule accounts and the ones that you work hard at making
    pretty Main accounts. You can have as many accounts as you have e-mail addresses. That is all.

Fishing
    Alright, the first step of making money at fishing is filtering your casts. Sometimes you'll get a
    "bite " and you reel it in and it's trash. Which can be lame, in some people's opinion. So trash
    can be pretty easy to get rid of if you know what to look for. I know that trash does not fight very
    much at all and is easy to reel in. I have been told that it never pulls to the right but I'm not sure
    if I'm observant to do more than speculate on this. So, if you get a bite and you realize it's trash
    simply point your mouse way off to one side to deliberately lose whatever's caught on the line.
    Another way to optimize fishing is to fish at "twilight" or "dawn" which happens pretty
    frequently on Gaia time, which runs twice as fast as normal time. You get better fish at these
    times of day, just like in real life.
    Another thing to think about is switching lakes. Bass'ken lake has the easiest (and therefore
    cheapest fish) to catch. Port D'Gambino has sort of medium fish and Durem Recclaimation
    Facility has the hardest fish. If you want to fish anywhere other than Bass'ken you may want to
    invest in a better fishing rod. I suggest buying one from the Market Place. I say this only if you're
    good at or like fishing on Gaia. If you like fishing then it's a good investment.
    Different fishing rods are better for different reasons. Basic fishing rod is kind of flexible,
    casts okay, and has a reel in range that's straight and kind of narrow. Strength rod is not as
    flexible and doesn't cast as far but it's harder for the fish to pull away from and the reel in range
    kind of bells out at the bottom so it's harder to loose fish as you reel them in closer. Distance rod
    is very flexible and easier for the fish to get away from, it has a long cast distance which can get
    you better fish and the reel in range is funnel shaped but only gets as narrow as the basic rod
    range gets. The performance rod is kind of the best of both worlds, it's flexible but not too
    flexible, it casts fairly far and the reel in range bells out at the bottom and the top but not as
    much as the Strength or Distance rod respectively. Plus rods are even better. To get a plus rod
    you can trade in your current rod, plus far, far too much gold for a better rod. Or you can buy
    one in the Market Place or Exchange forum.
    I may as well talk about fishbait now. Grade F is the cheapest and worst. Grade D is second
    cheapest and a little better than Grade F. Grade A is the most expensive and best. But most
    expensive is not always the best financially. Better bait attracts better fish but wont help you
    much if you're a terrible fisher so I guess you have to go on a case-by-case basis. Try it once
    and if your haul is good enough to justify having bought it (the total amount you can sell the fish
    for is greater than you bought the bait for) then it's right for you. If not, stick with the free Grade
    F bait. When buying bait going to the Game Exchange or Market Place is not a bad idea.
    When selling your fish and trash you may as well do it in the Market Place, you can get better
    prices there than you can in the store. Especially since some people go to crazy lengths to get
    5000 cans for a tin hat.
    The next thing to maximize profits is to consider Exchanging your fish. You can exchange
    them for other fish (not the best idea, believe me) or equipable items such as gills. These items
    may be worth a lot more than the fish you make them out of. You can also exchange the trash
    you collect from fishing.

Gambling
    Gambling, there's not much more that I can tell you about gambling. Playing Black-Jack is
    more time consuming but a better pay-off as far as I'm concerned. Slots has a small chance for
    a large pay out but Black Jack has a good chance for many small pay-outs. The Black Jack
    game Gaia has is pretty well explained but there are some things I can tell you. For example,
    never hit on seventeen or above unless you think the computer has a better hand. I often don't
    hit on 16 or above when playing Jinx or Cardbot because I noticed I tend to bust more when
    playing against them. I also never, ever double-down. You're risking more because you double
    your bet and you only get to hit once that hand.
    Cheating. The dealers cheat. Russel Ace has the cheat "Pocket Ace", but he's not very smart
    and I've noticed he wastes it on times when adding an ace wont let him beat you. Jinx has the
    cheat "Fresh Start" but sometimes this isn't very helpful. Cardbot can use both of these skills.
    Unlike when the dealers cheat you cannot affect your own hand. You can only affect the dealer's
    hand. I recommend saving your rage for when they have a ten or an ace showing. I always do
    the redraw option instead of peeking.
    Beating the dealers is always cool. You get a bonus for beating each of them. Twenty-five
    tickets for Russel Ace, fifty tickets for Jinx and one-hundred tickets for Cardbot.
    The computer never hits on seventeen or over so if you have a twenty and they have say, ten
    then they hit and get eighteen you win without them busting. The computer always hits under
    seventeen though, even if they've already beat your hand. They lose by busting a lot.

Games
    I've pretty much said everything there is to say about games. I'll add some links to specific
    game-guides soon, though. If anyone is interested.(but that's a might)

Towns
    You can go and make gold by wandering around in towns. Shaking bushes, rocks, and trees
    can get you a few gold. You can also pick flowers, catch bugs and pick up trash.
    Flowers are possibly the most useless item in all of Gaia. They aren't worth that much.
    Usually less than one gold each. You can turn them into boquetts and equip them but, again, not
    worth that much when you sell them. I recommend not bothering to pick them at all.
    Bugs are actually useful because you can turn them into ink. It usually takes fifty of the same
    color bug to make into ink but sometimes you catch special bugs that may be worth one or more
    inks by themselves. Consider carefully the prices of ink and what this bug may go for on the
    marketplace before exchanging it, though.
    Trash is also somewhat useful. It can be turned into paper hats. It can take fifty, a hundred,
    or a hundred and fifty of one kind of paper to make a hat. Some hats are worth more than
    others. Some trash is pretty much useless (newspaper), I recommend learning to recognize it
    and not picking it up.

Bonus Gold
    Concerning posting in Forums, voting in the Arenas, answering polls, Journaling, and
    Commenting people's profiles: You can get more gold by spacing out these activities. The closer
    together you post in forums for example, the less gold you'll get. But if you post many times a
    day with significant amounts of time in between you'll get more gold for each post.

ThrilIer

ThrilIer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:01 pm
    ~spacer~  
    PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:02 pm
    ~spacer~  

ThrilIer

T3h Giveaway!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash