Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Dungeons & Dragons

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who wants Domo kun back?
  yes
  hell no
  Domo who?
View Results

Kidrahs

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:08 am
Does anybody here play D&D? If so, have you had any trouble with religous nuts damning you to hell for playing? Any other random details welcome.

And on a random note; I want Domo kun back!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:27 am
I used to play with a group, that's our current campaign but it's all on hold for various reasons. No I've never had a problem with being told I am going to hell for playing it.  

Sanguvixen

Celestial Fireflies

Witty Autobiographer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:26 pm
I've always wanted to play, but none of my friends ever seemed interested and the people who did play didn't really like me. So, I've never had the chance. ;(  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:23 am
Pixel Mine
I've always wanted to play, but none of my friends ever seemed interested and the people who did play didn't really like me. So, I've never had the chance. ;(

Sad Hat. sad  

Kidrahs

fhbnfghnbfgbsnbg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:07 am
I've never actually played D&D, but I remember that when I was a kid, my mother would have me listen to this Christian radio program called Adventures in Odyssey. It was about some community where this guy had an ice cream parlor that would teach you life lessons (but always with a moral about God tacked on.)
So one day on this show, one of the kid characters starts playing D&D. All of the "parents" freak out that the kid is going to hell. The kid tries to say D&D is good, etc, but he and the other kids he "corrupts" into playing it start confusing reality with D&D and start attacking people for whatever reason. So they eventually slap sense into the kid with glorified brainwashing. The moral? D&D is evil and will corrupt you and send you to hell.

After my mother followed it up with a speech about how D&D and stuff of the like are dangerous, little me was convinced that D&d was some horible dangerous thing to be avoided until one day I went "Wait, what?" Then I felt stupid. XD  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:55 am
No, but I have gotten disapproving glares and statements for reading Tolkien's books. neutral  

Caffeinated Tea

The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff