Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Serious discussion & Rants
Dept, Money, how I screwed myself.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dryskale

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:12 am
I've been in slight debt for about a year and a half now. Its not to bad, but for someone in my situation, its huge.

I hate credit cards, because they lull you in with a false sense of security.

I never wanted a card because I knew exactly what was going to happen, or at least a good guess.

I got a card when I graduated from high school and at first was quite responsible. I used it only for gas, and an occasional purchase off amazon. I never had a balance over $150 dollars, so I was able to pay it at the end of each month.

Then I went to my first semester of college. When I got to college, I was hit with the need of supplies, books, food, tuition, clothes, etc.

My paychecks at the time couldn't afford such a load, so I charged it at first. For the first few months I was able to keep up, but then My car blew up, Christmas came, I got stupid and bought things I didn't need ( mostly cds and fast food).

My financial aid that was helping me fell through thanks to me failing a class ( mostly because the class was at 6 in the morning, I work until 11 to sometimes midnight the night before, and its an hour drive to campus from where I was living, then turn around and be back at work that night.)

Basically Gas, repeated car repairs, food, and necessities kept piling up.

I've been out of college for the last 3 semesters because I plain out couldn't afford it on top of the bills. I've curved my spending habits because there is no way I can afford the way I was living before.

Right now I'm slowly crawling out of debt from college, but since gas prices keep fluctuating, My car breaks down periodically, and my work keeps cutting my hours, its very hard to keep up.

Last month I had to replace the tires on my car, Rent a suit, and pay off the last of my guitar center card (separate rant). My dad also stopped sending money to my mom, because I dared to claim myself in taxes and take "his" money away. I'm 20 ******** years old and have never lived with the guy, why do I owe him money?

I understand that I don't have the worst problems, and I really don't want pity, because 90% of the above is my fault. I just wanted to get off my chest and vent a little.

I could really use a break. xp ..................and a higher paying job.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:52 am
I am glad I have never had to experience this problem. But just know you are not alone, credit cards have ruined many many people.

I don't really I could offer you financial advice without knowing your situation more deeply, but I would recommend you make an appointment with a financial adviser at your bank. They usually don't charge for basic info, and that could be really helpful to you right now.  

00Shoe
Captain

Dryskale

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:08 pm
00Shoe
I am glad I have never had to experience this problem. But just know you are not alone, credit cards have ruined many many people.

I don't really I could offer you financial advice without knowing your situation more deeply, but I would recommend you make an appointment with a financial adviser at your bank. They usually don't charge for basic info, and that could be really helpful to you right now.
Most of my situation is just plain old common sense. I just have to cut out unneeded expenses for about a month. My debt isn't horrible, but its still a burden.

I'm in a better place since I moved. The college I want to go to this fall is in walking distance from where I live, so is my new doctor and work. I just have to be firm and not buy anything extra. I'm quiting the band I'm in because all we end up doing is sitting around and I waste gas money, and I've lost some equipment thanks to other band mate's theft.

Right now there is not more wedding expenses weighing me down, and I have about 2 more months before I have to start buying books and supplies for college. I'm gonna have a loan to worry about for tuition, it'll be manageable. I might be getting a raise, since I've been with my current work for about a year now. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I was mostly just frustrated from my check. My debt is manageable, I just have to keep looking up and don't panic.

Thanks for replying though. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:06 pm
That is good to hear! I feel bad when any of our guild members has anything wrong - yours is a bit worse then the usual problems though. Debt can stay with you for life if you don't try really hard to get rid of it.  

00Shoe
Captain

Dryskale

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:29 pm
Thanks for the concern Shoe. Yeah, I usually don't share my problems, but sometimes I just need to rant and sort it out after the explosion.

I could rant about family, my sexuality, My old schools, etc. but in the end it would come off as whining I'm afraid.

In another guild I joined before this one, I dared to mention that I was pissed off about my car's continuous repair problems, so they took it as me not being grateful for having a vehicle in the first place. gonk

I used to think us furies where drama queens, until I joined a gay/bi guild, underage homosexuality is just brewing with drama. xp xd  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:55 pm
Really? How so? (Regarding the underage drama mos)  

00Shoe
Captain

Dryskale

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:26 pm
00Shoe
Really? How so? (Regarding the underage drama mos)
Boy drama, sexuality questioning drama, Mods not being fare drama, trans phobia, bi phobia, different views on Pride events, Anti bear drama, Pro Trans/Bear/Bi drama, suicide threat drama. Favorite pop star drama.

Its like high school cubed. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:51 am
Oh wow I am glad I never was any part of that sort of thing...

A few people I have met recently sound like they would fit in quite well on those boards.  

00Shoe
Captain

Dryskale

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:06 pm
00Shoe
Oh wow I am glad I never was any part of that sort of thing...

A few people I have met recently sound like they would fit in quite well on those boards.
It quite a fun board, to be honest, but you have to watch out for the Wah clouds blowing around. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:25 am
Im sorry.. lol
Im kinda going through the same thing with my credit card atm..
mostly because Im going to school out of state, and being the oldest of five children has instilled this ridiculous idea in my head that I can't ask my family for any help besides rent..

Im really beginning to dislike my credit card.. lol
I've hidden it in my freezer so I can't take it anywhere.. sweatdrop  

rabiote

Serious discussion & Rants

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas