Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
[Operation Moonrise] - Sailor Moon Returns to Italy & Japan! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

After seeing Sailor Moon returning to Italy & Japan, Do you now think its possible now to get the series back?
  Yes, I believe we have a chance!
  Yes, I believe we have a chance & voted on Moon Chase's survey to help the cause!
  No, I'm still a fan of the show, but even after this news I still dont believe it will work.
View Results

Senshi_chan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:44 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

BREAKING NEWS:Sailor Moon is reairing in Japan in Sept. & in Italy Jan 2010!

Japanese P.R. for Reairing Sailor Moon
However, it was not broadcast on television for a long time inside and outside the country in recent years. Because of many hopeful voices for a television broadcast from loving fans which were loud, the broadcast beginning on ANIMAX becomes the one to answer the expectation of such fans.

Sailor Moon was very popular before, and will be popular among children of a new generation who will become fans, and they will be touched by the show.

What is the campaign about?
Here is a special message from Moon Chase.

Hi Moonies:

This is directed for those of you who don't think this campaign will work, and/or don't want to help out in the campaign.

Unless the fans are there to really put pressure on the companies involved, they will keep "teasing" the fans to see how interested they are in the series, but they won't really act unless fans do more to make their voices heard. This is what we are trying to do with Moon Chase. We have grown to be one of the most popular Sailor Moon fan websites around, and in the last year we have been privileged enough to get some exclusives from the English stars themselves (Emilie-Claire Barlow, Stephanie Beard, Roland Parliament, and Liza Balkan especially). We are one of the few sites that is still around to keep the fandom alive. We have also just learned that Funimation is aware of this campaign, so we really need to all work hard to prove to them this isn't a joke! If you're a fan of the show, why wouldn't you want to help bring it back? Wouldn't you want the show to be given a second chance, and to be managed much better than it was the first time around?

For those of you that were lucky enough to own all of the releases, many fans were not able to simply because the releases never got to their hometown. Especially in Canada, where the show was dubbed and produced. Unless you lived in a big town, the releases just never made it to stores, and fans just couldn't buy the DVDs, having to go through extreme lengths to import them from the US. And back then, anime was more overpriced in Canada! Now that the anime companies are starting to turn around with how their titles are being distributed, if we can really show them what kind of interest there still is in the series, this probably gives them more incentive to really pursue the series again.

Not all of the series have been released; Stars was never released or dubbed, and many episodes were cut from the first two seasons. We also never got any of the specials. Japan has fully remastered episodes on DVD, and it is sad that the rest of the world can't enjoy these new high quality releases.

Funimation is not planning to reanimate the series, and a new season has not been proposed. Funimation wants to re-dub the series, however many fans have mixed feelings about this. They would like to see a re-dub, but they do not want to lose most of the actors who were originally in the roles. This first survey is to gauge fans preference in the actors, comparing them to actors that are currently on Funimation's roster who would likely be considered for roles.

So please, help out in our campaign.

Thanks,
¤Sailordees and the rest of the staff of Moon Chase.

*****How To Help Out*****

Funimation has posted a survey asking for fan input on a re-dub of Sailor Moon. No one knows if Funimation has any rights to Sailor Moon, however they are holding the majority of Toei’s North American licenses.

To fill out Funimation's survey, go here.

To help bring Sailor Moon back, read below!

Moon Chase is having a Sailor Moon Campaign called Operation Moonrise. It will focus on getting these companies (like Funimation) to understand & show them who the fans are and what they want. This is to help give Sailor Moon a second chance of a re-dub and bring the missing episodes, specials & last season, Stars, to us all!

For more info, click here to see their new & old campaign updates.

Phase 1 is complete!
Phase 2 is to send letters to the companies involved.

Spread the word! Get your friends involved! We can't have a successful campaign unless we get lots of people involved - remember, we're all in this together and we need to really show the companies involved that Sailor Moon is a great choice for a license!

You can follow Moon Chase on Twitter, Facebook & their blog.

~~~~~Updates~~~~~

New Moon Chase update on 6/17/09, click here

6/22/09 - Moon Chase begins their 2nd part of their campagin, to write letters to the companies involved. Visit their blog for more info.

7/20/09 - I just got back from Otakon. At the Funimation panel, they announced they are interested in getting Sailor Moon, but are having trouble with the license. Both Toei & Naoko are not giving it up! Looks like we need to focus our attention to Naoko &Toei. Moon Chase is coming up with a way to get in touch with them. Look for a future update soon!!

7/29/09 - Someone from Italy has reported that Sailor Moon's license has been unlocked and that the show will make a come back!! Check out Moon Chase & Genvid for more info. I will keep everyone updated when more news breaks out.

Just when you thought it couldn't get better, another breaking news comes out! Sailor Moon will be re-airing in Japan!! Check out more info here.

**8/3/09 - Its been confirmed, Sailor Moon will be returning to Italy in Jan 2010! More info can be found here! It seems its not a redub, just reairing the Italian dub!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:30 pm
Done! ^__^  

xLolitapop

l Sailor Cancer l

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:51 pm
signed but would like a redub of the old series could care less about the old va cast cause that show was dubbed so long ago some of the vas voices coulda changed people get older just as long as usagi's voice isnt like the cloverways nasel sounding voice im all good  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:01 am
I voted in both. I have to say I would like a new anime of sailor moon. though. like what they did with Helsing. the made a new anime that followed the book closer and called it Helsing Ultimate. I would like to see Sailor Moon Ultimate. where it sticks strictly to the manga.  

NichiTsukinoko

Senshi_chan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:59 am
New Update!

I just got back from Otakon. At the Funimation panel, they announced they are interested in getting Sailor Moon, but are having trouble with the license. Both Toei & Naoko are not giving it up! Looks like we need to focus our attention to Naoko &Toei. Moon Chase is coming up with a way to get in touch with them. Look for a future update soon!!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:13 pm
im lost....where can i vote or whatever....i want to by i dont know where or how to....  

Madame Twiggly

Senshi_chan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:44 pm
BREAKING NEWS:

Sailor Moon is re-airing in Japan in Sept.! Also, Italy may have gotten the rights to Sailor Moon. Does this mean the license is unlocked?!

See the first post, in red for more details.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:45 pm
Madame Twiggly
im lost....where can i vote or whatever....i want to by i dont know where or how to....

To vote for the 2 surveys are in the first post. They are under how to help out section.  

Senshi_chan

Sailor Chikorita

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:17 pm
This is such great news heart  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:24 pm
I just hope they do a good job this time, weather it be an all out remake or just a redub of the original animation. In either case I do hope they have an english language format. I'm just not cut out for learning multiple languages.  

NichiTsukinoko

NichiTsukinoko

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:27 pm
Senshi_chan
New Update!

I just got back from Otakon. At the Funimation panel, they announced they are interested in getting Sailor Moon, but are having trouble with the license. Both Toei & Naoko are not giving it up! Looks like we need to focus our attention to Naoko &Toei. Moon Chase is coming up with a way to get in touch with them. Look for a future update soon!!

Naoko has had issues with letting the licencing go because they have taken her original work and corrupted it. making Haruka and Michiru cousins, what they seem to have done to stars, changing everyone's names! I hope she holds out till someone is willing to stay true to her original vision!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:44 pm
Moon Chase survey is up to 239, we need 500 for them to send it to the companies. Their original goal was to get 500 by July 30th, but we need to get more faster by next week. The longer we wait, the less chances we have.

Also, a Moon Chase article brought up a good point. (http://moon-chase.blogspot.com/2009/07/japanese-return-of-sailor-moon.html)

Japanese Press Release
However, it was not broadcast on television for a long time inside and outside the country in recent years. Because of many hopeful voices for a television broadcast from loving fans which were loud, the broadcast beginning on ANIMAX becomes the one to answer the expectation of such fans.

Sailor Moon was very popular before, and will be popular among children of a new generation who will become fans, and they will be touched by the show.

Senshi_chan

Senshi_chan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:46 pm
NichiTsukinoko
Senshi_chan
New Update!

Naoko has had issues with letting the licencing go because they have taken her original work and corrupted it. making Haruka and Michiru cousins, what they seem to have done to stars, changing everyone's names! I hope she holds out till someone is willing to stay true to her original vision!

I've heard about that also, but you have to remember when Sailor Moon came to the US in the early 90s, the same goes for other countries, it was one of the first animes to be translated for the 90s. That is why it was so bad, same goes for the manga. Now that anime is everywhere and popular, they are doing much better then they did over 10 yrs ago. I believe if they redubbed it, it will be way better now.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:10 am
ya know wat i didnt even know about this campaign but i see some of the people here r complaining its not gonna work. well guess wat we have a shot to bring back a POPULAR SHOW HERE PEOPLE. not just for u but for everyone who loved sailor moon. you no wat i say i say we give this a shot. a chance like this doesnt come around often . SO LETS TRY AND BRING BACK THE HEROINES WE LOVE TO TV ONCE MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Nightshade247

4,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Nightshade247

4,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:25 am
oh one more thing it says the the only problem is naoko & toei. Im sure naoko would have no problem (thats only one person to convince) hoever toei is a company so we may have problems there  
Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff