Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sword of Truth Guild, For Terry Goodkind Fans!

Back to Guilds

"Choose, then. With us or not. But choose this day for all time." 

Tags: truth, sword, richard, series, goodkind 

Reply -~- Aydindril -~- We welcome our new sister affiliate, A World Divided!
Kahlan's possible offspring? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

My theory is....
Possible
90%
 90%  [ 9 ]
Total bull, it makes no sense
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

Phanari

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:45 am
We all know what Shota saw in their first child's furure. But notice how Goodkind always makes Shota say "first born will be a son" or something like that?

My theory:
Kahlan might conciev another child with Richard out of pure love and it will be born a girl. A girl with both the power of a confessor, AND a wizard. DUM DUM DUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMM dramatic reverb..........

Thoughts?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:22 pm
User Image

>¤<

So she would be a female? and a confessor? and a wizard?

I was with you riiiiiight up until the end there razz

>¤<

User Image

First Wizard Zorander
Vice Captain

Phanari

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:30 am
Basically, what I was saying was:

If Kahlan had a second child I don't believe it would be male-- or currupt.. Thoughts?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:20 am
Lolz, i know, i was teasing about the girl child being a wizard. technically it would either be a Sorceress or a Witch Woman.

And to be honest, i think it would be cooler if she was a witch woman. We didn't see enough of them in the series and their abilities work quite different from that of a wizard or sorceress.

But a Confessor Witch Woman? Sounds like the apocalypse or something xd  

First Wizard Zorander
Vice Captain

Phanari

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:27 am
First Wizard Zorander
Lolz, i know, i was teasing about the girl child being a wizard. technically it would either be a Sorceress or a Witch Woman.

And to be honest, i think it would be cooler if she was a witch woman. We didn't see enough of them in the series and their abilities work quite different from that of a wizard or sorceress.

But a Confessor Witch Woman? Sounds like the apocalypse or something xd

Or paradox, maybe. lol  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:13 pm
It could be possible that because their first born died in the gang up that Kahlan was the victim of that it was a boy and was the prediction that Shota had made. And so any children they would have afterwords would be girls with both the Confessor ability and the Sorceress magic or girls that are simply confessors to males that are just wizards.

But I do see a big boost in Gifted now after Confessor.  

StateAlchemist Natsu

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

First Wizard Zorander
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:05 pm
User Image

>¤<

Yea, that's what we assume, that the "male confessor" died while Kahlan was pregnant.

But no where does it say that every child thereafter would be female. It only said that their first-born would be a male confessor. After that, the child could basically be anything.

Quote:

I agree though, that Gifted would start to thrive again after Confessor

>¤<

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:12 pm
First Wizard Zorander
User Image

>¤<

Yea, that's what we assume, that the "male confessor" died while Kahlan was pregnant.

But no where does it say that every child thereafter would be female. It only said that their first-born would be a male confessor. After that, the child could basically be anything.

Quote:

I agree though, that Gifted would start to thrive again after Confessor

>¤<

User Image

But she ALSO never said that there would be a male second child......
To play devil's advocated, Shota never did say anything about there even being a second concivation.  

Phanari

First Wizard Zorander
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:57 pm
I don't know how magic works when it comes to reproduction, but my guess would be that frightening things are possible when a [Mother] Confessor and a [War] Wizard get together. If they're not insanely powerful in their own right, then together they are next to a God/Goddess when they're together.

I would want to be best friends with their offspring, if just to ensure my own safety biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:15 pm
Amen there  

StateAlchemist Natsu

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Phanari

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:23 pm
First Wizard Zorander
I don't know how magic works when it comes to reproduction, but my guess would be that frightening things are possible when a [Mother] Confessor and a [War] Wizard get together. If they're not insanely powerful in their own right, then together they are next to a God/Goddess when they're together.

I would want to be best friends with their offspring, if just to ensure my own safety biggrin

LOL! Same here?

It's creepy how much Goodkind's series makes us think, you know?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:58 pm
Phanari
First Wizard Zorander

LOL! Same here?

It's creepy how much Goodkind's series makes us think, you know?
User Image

>¤<

Haha yes! That's one of the biggest reasons i love the SOT series. It's packed full of, i don't know what to call it, "higher-level" thinking. He puts thought, reasoning, and examples to things about the world (both in SOT and in our world today) that either I've thought about and totally agree with, or backs up things I already believed.

Plus, wizards and magic are what I seek in fantasy (that's actually how i came across WFR, at the library). So it was the perfect book/series for me smile and I was so happy when I found other people that felt the same way.

>¤<

User Image

First Wizard Zorander
Vice Captain

StateAlchemist Natsu

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:16 pm
A friend of mine suggested the series to me and told me about the Spirit House scene and cause at the time I was actually looking for a tamed down romance novel and Terry Goodkind was great at it, but I fell in love with the books because of the thinking I had to do.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:29 pm
YEAH!

I first got into the series when I asked my mom to pick out a fantasy book for me to read while I was out of state for a week. Spent my spare time gandering at the book and fell in love.

Met a girl in my HS marching band senior year who had been reading it and she told me that I would love the part with Denna. I DID!  

Phanari

sabre_sword
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:05 am
I think it was my friend who introduced me to the series. She told me about it, then I went to find it at the library.
I too, also love the realistic overtones set in a fantastical world. And I'm a super-sucker for any kind of love story.
whee heart

-~- Aydindril -~- We welcome our new sister affiliate, A World Divided!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games