Welcome to Gaia! ::

GRAPHITE

Back to Guilds

Find your light through Graphite. A guild for any artist, author, critic, and/or idealist. 

Tags: graphite, artists, writing, poetry, criticism 

Reply General Discussion
You dared to open our notebook? (INTRODUCTIONS)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Member check in.
  I posted.
View Results

Alectix
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:10 pm
So, you dared to open our notebook, eh? Well, I don't blame you! :] Instead, welcome newbies of GRAPHITE. As a bit of an introduction, let me tell you a bit about me.

You may call me Ashy or by my username, Alectix. I just recently turned 16. In my spare time, you can find me either composing music on my piano, writing poetry or novels, drawing chibis, anime, or miscellaneous things lol, talking on Gaia or dreaming of something more. I love giving constructive criticism and I'm always willing to help a fellow artist out ^^.

But, enough about me. What about you? Tell us a little bit about yourself, just so we can get to know you better :] (Please post only once. Thank you.)  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:10 pm
Hello Hello!

I wish to be one of the first to post in this (Besides Alextic, of course...) and just wanted to say hi. Maybe I'll tell you a bit about me, eh?

You can call me Desi, considering my username just doesn't sound very cool when shortened. lol. I am 15, loves meeting new people and being nerdy. XD One of my nerdy enjoyments consist of playing The Sims. Oh yeah!

I'm also a huge writer and reader (just finished Brisingr - Christopher Paolini). I can be a tough critic, but I'm also very helpful. I'm working on novel I'm writing. It's title was originally, "Don't Touch Me" but its most likely going to change. I'm also in the process of another book/novel. Sadly, none have been published although I only let a select few read em' so its not that big of a deal. Ask and I might type out a chappy or something. wink

What else? I'm very short for my age; 5'0''. UGH. I'm also big on art, hence the reason I joined and I love to chat. I can play the violin and I'm in love with learning about different cultures.... That's about it. Any questions? Feel free to send me a PM.

Spreading The Word
Vice Captain

xXIcyMizuXx
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:14 pm
Heya!!! u guys can call me shadow XD
just to let u no i luv graphite drawins as much as the next guy!!! XD

i hav a few graphite drawins here on gaia but most of them r under my Deviantart account...u might or might not no about deviantart...but i will post more drawins on the gaia art gallery soon!! XD
anyways heres my gallery of my drawings

http://shadow-gaijin.deviantart.com/gallery/

beside graphite ...i also hav been practicin with photomanipulation XD
so thats it for me to say!! XD  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:40 pm
Quote:

I wish to be one of the first to post in this (Besides Alextic, of course...) and just wanted to say hi. Maybe I'll tell you a bit about me, eh?

You can call me Desi, considering my username just doesn't sound very cool when shortened. lol. I am 15, loves meeting new people and being nerdy. XD One of my nerdy enjoyments consist of playing The Sims. Oh yeah!

I'm also a huge writer and reader (just finished Brisingr - Christopher Paolini). I can be a tough critic, but I'm also very helpful. I'm working on novel I'm writing. It's title was originally, "Don't Touch Me" but its most likely going to change. I'm also in the process of another book/novel. Sadly, none have been published although I only let a select few read em' so its not that big of a deal. Ask and I might type out a chappy or something. icon_wink.gif

What else? I'm very short for my age; 5'0''. UGH. I'm also big on art, hence the reason I joined and I love to chat. I can play the violin and I'm in love with learning about different cultures.... That's about it. Any questions? Feel free to send me a PM.

God...you sound like me lol I love the Sims as well...sucks that my computer apparently hates trying to format itself lower...haven't tried the Sims 3 yet, but I'm guessing it'll work on a Vista? :/ *shrugs* Anyways...Paolini...gees, I probably need to go back track on his entire trilogy lol. I remember Eragon...but Eldest :/ not as much.

Hmm...I'm sure someday, if you keep your mind to it, your books will make it :] I cannot finish a story...I think it's impossible for my brain to end something so beautiful...lol maybe I'm just weird like that. Iuno ^^

And oh how I wish I was you lol. The violin? I've been wanting to learn how to play that for years...I just can never find the time to find someone or the money to buy one, sadly :/

...Do our similarities ever stop? lol Cultures are somewhat of a fascination to me as well but I'm mainly more into the language...especially those that are dead or somewhat dead...  

Alectix
Captain

Alectix
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:52 pm
EmoShadowGaijin18
Heya!!! u guys can call me shadow XD
just to let u no i luv graphite drawins as much as the next guy!!! XD

i hav a few graphite drawins here on gaia but most of them r under my Deviantart account...u might or might not no about deviantart...but i will post more drawins on the gaia art gallery soon!! XD
anyways heres my gallery of my drawings

http://shadow-gaijin.deviantart.com/gallery/

beside graphite ...i also hav been practicin with photomanipulation XD
so thats it for me to say!! XD

I checked out your drawings located in the Arenas...and they are beautiful. I completely adored the Rose and Hand photo manipulation you had posted there.

I have yet to check out your deviantart and I promise to you, I shall. :]  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:21 pm
Hello!

I'm Lita, or Kai. Either is fine. >w<;;

I love to write fiction, as well as photograph and draw.

(Those were listed in the order of attained skill, starting with the highest. XD)

Drawing is really great, don't get me wrong, but I just don't have the talent for it. With practice I'm sure I'll get better, but meh...

My writing can usually be categorized into mystery, sci-fi and fantasy.  

Netaliya

Lucky Cat

Alectix
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:54 pm
Litakai
Hello!

(Those were listed in the order of attained skill, starting with the highest. XD)

Drawing is really great, don't get me wrong, but I just don't have the talent for it. With practice I'm sure I'll get better, but meh...

I think I'll call you Lita :] and what a joy to have you here at Graphite. An aspiring writer, I see...lovely :] we need more like you.

What kind of particular fantasy are you into? Like magical or fairytale or darkish-demonic like vampires?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:11 pm
aloha amigos. I'm James....I'm 20...and I have a problem.... O.O''

>,< no wait....this isn't one of those AA style meetings. <.< nvm haha haa

...but no...seriously children...STD's are no laughing matter. o.o'' CRAP~!!! FOCUS JAMESY!!! FOCUS~!!!!

lol okay so...I write and draw...but mostly I think. Most of my work is poetry cuz...I'm a bit too A.D.D. to do anything more lengthy. haha ^ ^ but I write the occasional short story and have tons of ideas for video games, anime/manga, and movies. I've been published twice...once for a short story in high school and once for a poem.

As for my drawings....I just draw what I draw. Sometimes I suck...sometimes I don't. <.<

I also make cursors for hire...though no one has ever requested anything. <.< ...and unfortunately I can't find a website that will host .ani and .cur files...and thus...I can't help you use any cursor you got from me on your profile. T.T

...nice to meet you alls?  

burrito sama

Tasty Scamp

17,675 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Crack Shot 50

Alectix
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:31 pm
Griever Pheonix
aloha amigos. I'm James....I'm 20...and I have a problem.... O.O''

>,< no wait....this isn't one of those AA style meetings. <.< nvm haha haa

...but no...seriously children...STD's are no laughing matter. o.o'' CRAP~!!! FOCUS JAMESY!!! FOCUS~!!!!

lol okay so...I write and draw...but mostly I think. Most of my work is poetry cuz...I'm a bit too A.D.D. to do anything more lengthy. haha ^ ^ but I write the occasional short story and have tons of ideas for video games, anime/manga, and movies. I've been published twice...once for a short story in high school and once for a poem.

As for my drawings....I just draw what I draw. Sometimes I suck...sometimes I don't. <.<

I also make cursors for hire...though no one has ever requested anything. <.< ...and unfortunately I can't find a website that will host .ani and .cur files...and thus...I can't help you use any cursor you got from me on your profile. T.T

...nice to meet you alls?

...Talk about complete ADD lol You know you're absolutely crazy, Jamesy? I really do love your poetry...wish you'd share more with us on in the Arenas :3

((Reminds me! I'ma still line art your drawing...it's seriously wicked. And dude, please find a camera!))

Back to business...*ahem* :/ I thought I knew of a website where you could upload .cur and .ani files.....*searches*  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:57 pm
lol I forgot to ask my mom about her cam when she came in and she left with my sister. haha ^ ^;; *is dumbass*

and yeah....I know I'm "absolutely crazy". lol xd

...um...I spent HOURS searching for a website that'd host .ani and .cur files....but if you can find one...WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~!! *would totally striptease for that*

and about the line art thing....I was thinking that if you want we could set up a thing where I draw avi's and you finish them with your amazing computer talentses and we can split the profits (something like 30-me/70-you). Just an idea. *shrugs* ^ ^  

burrito sama

Tasty Scamp

17,675 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Crack Shot 50

Alectix
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:26 pm
lol I gotta be nice...40 you/ 60 me...and I'll shade and um color but you tell me what you had planned? and uh...sure thing luffles...oO eek  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:24 pm
dude...her camera was right in the middle of the living room table. lmao ^ ^;;

and okay. ^ ^ not that anyone's gonna want my art anyways. lol ;p  

burrito sama

Tasty Scamp

17,675 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Crack Shot 50

xXIcyMizuXx
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:13 pm
Le Nouveau Soleil
Hello!

ill just call u lita n its nice to meet u n welcome to our guild XD  
General Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff