Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Hippie Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild promoting peace, love and music. 

Tags: Hippie, Flower Child, Peace, Love, Music 

Reply The Gaian Hippie Guild
www.erowid.org Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PsychedelicDreams

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:56 am
This is http://www.erowid.org/

It is the most fantastic website you could hope to stumble upon
Surf around the site;
down at the bottom, you'll see a list with:
~ Plants & Drugs
~ Mind & Spirit
~ Freedom and Law
~ Arts and Culture

I highly recommend checking all 4 of these out

My FAVOURITE is the "Plants & Drugs" section
You choose a substance from SIX drop-down menus, categorizing almost every herb, plant, pharmaceutical, chemical, smart drug and common psychoactive known to man.

Upon choosing one, Erowid will go on to tell you:]~ The Basics
~ The Effects
~ Images
~ Law
~ DOSAGE amount chart (Light, Heavy, Strong, etc)
~ Chemistry
and more, depending on the substance you chose

Scroll down further on the drug's page, and you'll see a great load of links to:
~ Natural Sources
(this is where you can achieve a similar, legal, natural effect)
~ History
~ Characters
(Like Albert Hoffman and Tim Leary for LSD)
~ Medical Use
~ Health
~ Myths
~ Q & A
~ Media Coverage
and even
~ First hand experience stories!!

Check it out!
And why not buy a t-shirt or submit some psychedelic artwork while you're at it?

smile

Have fun, and tell me what you think!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:03 pm
If you donate 1k+ I'll put your avatar on my page!
User Image
Donators:
Duamutef-1K
User Not Authenticated-3k

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Damn, I could have used that for my paper. ;p

Sweet site. cool

~Experience Life~

Nen Echui

Angelic Seeker

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:12 pm
Very interesting. How come Marijuana aint a drug on there? At least, I didn't see it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:16 pm
Try looking under "plants"
I found it there

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis.shtml
:]  

PsychedelicDreams

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:38 pm
That's a small marijuana plant, lol. How do they grow? Is there like a seed or something in it you plant?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:11 am
Good website, it's great to study the affects of drugs before you make a possible risky decision. It's very helpful, it basically swayed myself from trying a few things and verified facts of those that I decided to try.  

Hatheos
Vice Captain

Hatheos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:12 am
I won't mention a few, they're not considered that hard-core, but I don't like to be judged for what I did in the past.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:34 am
Astaru
I won't mention a few, they're not considered that hard-core, but I don't like to be judged for what I did in the past.

haha, it's alright!
I have some pretty ridiculous friends myself - one kid was tripping for his first time on LSD, and another was more messed up on pot alone!

But YES, it is always a good idea to so some self-research on ANY drug you were thinking of taking. You might just find out what nauseating side-effects mushrooms have, or that LSD is technically not harmful to you in the least! (used in responsible amounts and settings, of course!)  

PsychedelicDreams

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:22 am
If I ever do any drugs, which I probably never will, but if I do, I'm doing the safest one. Which will either be Shrooms, Pot, or LSD. But I guarantee 98% I will never do drugs. One of my friends is trying to get me to do one but I don't wanna but he is still trying to get me to do it. And I aint going to.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:18 pm
PsychedelicDreams
iWoodstock

haha, it's alright!
I have some pretty ridiculous friends myself - one kid was tripping for his first time on LSD, and another was more messed up on pot alone!

But YES, it is always a good idea to so some self-research on ANY drug you were thinking of taking. You might just find out what nauseating side-effects mushrooms have, or that LSD is technically not harmful to you in the least! (used in responsible amounts and settings, of course!)
I basically used erowid to find information on a variety of drugs. I have tried DXM, shrooms, and ecstasy using the website. Of course I've done pot on mutliple occassions without the information from any source. My knowledge taking Botany in college has given me enough confidence that marijuana doesn't carry a high risk. Other than that, I've done pharmaceutical drugs such as ritalin, aderol, and vicodin.

Quite a few of the drugs listed I've only tried or only do once in a great while. I don't let drugs control my life, they just enchance feelings once in awhile.  

Hatheos
Vice Captain

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:35 pm
That's one reason I don't do drugs. I don't wanna let them control my life.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:45 am
Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00
That's one reason I don't do drugs. I don't wanna let them control my life.
It all depends what you take my friend. I'd probably say the worst thing I've been addicted is nicotine in comparison to the addictive properties of other drugs I have listed.  

Hatheos
Vice Captain

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:14 am
Nicotine is very addicting from what I hear people say.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:16 am
Kind of pathetic that nicotine is legal when other drugs like marijuana stay illegal.  

Hatheos
Vice Captain

PsychedelicDreams

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:01 am
Astaru
Kind of pathetic that nicotine is legal when other drugs like marijuana stay illegal.

I completely agree.
It is tough, though. Because the government can regulate alcohol in ways unlike marijuana. While, sure, people do make their own "moonshine" and whatnot, that percentage is very low, compared to the percentage of those who grow their own marijuana plants and/or buy them off the black market. The government simply cannot control it. And as we all know: The Man likes power.

There IS the question of a Marijuana tax in the air among supporters of a marijuana legalization bill. And again, people will hide it, and the whole ordeal will be incredibly sketchy.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for the legalization of it. mrgreen  
The Gaian Hippie Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces