Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sword of Truth Guild, For Terry Goodkind Fans!

Back to Guilds

"Choose, then. With us or not. But choose this day for all time." 

Tags: truth, sword, richard, series, goodkind 

Reply -~- Aydindril -~- We welcome our new sister affiliate, A World Divided!
I was shocked Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Phanari

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:00 am
I was reading his myapace profile. One would never know, by reading his books, that Goodkind's an atheist. How sad.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:40 am
User Image

>¤<

I guessed that based on the books, actually. If you recall, Richard was very against religion in the books. Especially around the Sisters of the Light and throughout Stone of Tears.

He believes in controlling your own life and living life your own way. He doesn't believe in fate or destiny. Another reason I love SOT.

>¤<

User Image

First Wizard Zorander
Vice Captain

Phanari

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:20 am
First Wizard Zorander
User Image

>¤<

I guessed that based on the books, actually. If you recall, Richard was very against religion in the books. Especially around the Sisters of the Light and throughout Stone of Tears.

He believes in controlling your own life and living life your own way. He doesn't believe in fate or destiny. Another reason I love SOT.

>¤<

User Image

Sure, Richard and Kahlan don't. But Zedd does and many of the other characters.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:55 am
User Image

>¤<

Yea, but (especially early on) the story follows mostly Richard. Eventually Goodkind had to start making background stories and everything as the story and characters got more in depth, but the series still almost entirely follows Richard from Woods Guide to Savior of the World and all that.

Everything that we learned was done through Richard, because he (like the rest of us) was learning everything for the first time. Anytime something had to be explained or taught, Goodkind did through Richard to/for us.

>¤<

User Image

First Wizard Zorander
Vice Captain

Phanari

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:01 pm
First Wizard Zorander
User Image

>¤<

Yea, but (especially early on) the story follows mostly Richard. Eventually Goodkind had to start making background stories and everything as the story and characters got more in depth, but the series still almost entirely follows Richard from Woods Guide to Savior of the World and all that.

Everything that we learned was done through Richard, because he (like the rest of us) was learning everything for the first time. Anytime something had to be explained or taught, Goodkind did through Richard to/for us.

>¤<

User Image

Yeah, true. But just because Richard and Kahlan don't believe in religion, others do, clearly. I mean, Zedd, Cara, Sisters of the Light..need I go on?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:11 pm
I think it was because he wanted to show that people don't have to be religious to good/nice people. And you don't have to be non-religious to be evil/bad.  

StateAlchemist Natsu

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Phanari

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:25 am
StateAlchemist Natsu
I think it was because he wanted to show that people don't have to be religious to good/nice people. And you don't have to be non-religious to be evil/bad.

So.........he chose to be atheist to prove a point? LOL I doubt that.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:28 am
*Shrug* Just thinking out loud I mean there could be thousands of reason to the reasoning of a writer.
<---- I should know, I'm really wanting to become one.  

StateAlchemist Natsu

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Phanari

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:33 am
I'm working on being one too! Writing a fantasy series about a world and its discovery and everything else about it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:27 pm
They call me...

Why does it matter that he's an atheist? o.o Does it bother you? :3?

Mishtah Bunbuns~!

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

Phanari

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:57 am
Not bother as much as hurt. I really like Goodkind's works and hope they lead him to Paradise.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:00 pm
They call me...

o.o I'm gonna go now. :3 -scampers off- I want a BLT. D: I like those. x3

Mishtah Bunbuns~!

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

Phanari

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:59 am
OH! I just had a BLT! They're good.

Scampering away? What'd I do?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:02 pm
They call me...

;-; Can I have some of yer BLT? -tugs on yer pant leg-

Mishtah Bunbuns~!

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

Phanari

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:03 pm
Galen Zarathustra Kyuss
They call me...

;-; Can I have some of yer BLT? -tugs on yer pant leg-

Mishtah Bunbuns~!

I ate it. Sorry. ^_^  
-~- Aydindril -~- We welcome our new sister affiliate, A World Divided!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games