Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Hippie Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild promoting peace, love and music. 

Tags: Hippie, Flower Child, Peace, Love, Music 

Reply The Gaian Hippie Guild
How i was made a hippie. :] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sammy says hii

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:20 pm
It all started with my parents.
Them and their friends were hippies.
and they still are. :]
They always have incense burning.
We have tapestries of all kind in almost every room.
They both love The Grateful dead. (Just like me.)
Oh, you know, all that stuff.
And its cool.
Because they still do all that stuff.
yaay.
hippie for liiife. :]

peace<3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:50 pm
~Experience Life~

Awww man,
lucky, xp

My parents are weirdo video game players. emo

~Message me for animal & wildlife advice~

LifeInTheAfricanJungle

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:39 pm
My dad was in the army and my mom is a housewife and they don't beleive I am a Hippie. It's either that or they don't like me being one.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:26 pm
When I take a look at old photos of my family during the 60s and 70s, they all had that rebellious look of the time. Many look normal now in the eyes of society but the spirit itself never dies. I'm just picking up where they left off to carry on that spirit. It's weird though, I am like the only hippie in my home town.  

Hatheos
Vice Captain

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:32 pm
I'm the only Hippie in my family. Can't say that about where I live right now though. I think there is like 2 at my school and one old Hippie in my friends neighborhood which is literally about 75 yards away from where I live.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:28 am
My parents are just boring.

Hahah.

Not hippies at all.  

Hairball Essences
Crew

Fashionable Lunatic

5,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:04 pm
Same. Not boring though, we do a lot of cool stuff. We went to Gettysburg about 2 weeks ago. But I'm proud to be the first Hippie in my family.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:07 am
im the only hippie in my family well my youngest aunt is she lives in Hawi but other then her im the only other hippie  

HippieKrowly

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:05 am
A Hawaiian Hippie? That's cool. I'm gonna try and research if I really am the only Hippie in my family.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:04 pm
I lay in the sun, wear tye-dye, and love animals and peace. For a while I didn' think I was a hippie. It took some ridicule aroind schol tho realize I'm a hippie. Guess what I'm proud of who I am and I'm never gonna change.
3nodding  

lemonlimepepsi

Desirable Regular

6,800 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:37 am
Same here, lol.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:20 am
My dads a computer geek & my mum's a 60 year old student, but back when they had lives they were both hippies. (:
User Image

dearest clyde

Sazzie Lotus Song

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:21 am
Cool smile
I was raised by my Aunt and Uncle who are hippies.
I was brought up on classic rock mostly from Woodstock and from the 70's and a little bit of the 80's.
My Aunt Bev taught me how to garden and eat organic vegan food and stay healthy.
My dad taught me how to coexist and believe in peace and love.
I learned to play guitar with my inspiration: Jimi Hendrix.
I always dressed as a hippie when I grew old enough to make my own decisions.
That is how I became a hippie.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:34 am
User Image

Well, I guess it started when I was a kid. I used to go around giving people flowers and wishing them good days. I remember my first encounter with incense. My mom used to have this basic wood holder and some, and I loved the thought of it. I used to bed her to light some, but she rarely did.

I started meditating when I was pretty young, and around the time I bought my own incense. I never understood why the world was so war obsessed and rude... why we couldn't all just get along in peace.

Gaah, and look at me now. Organic Vegan who spends everyday painting, doing yoga, meditating, listening to The Grateful Dead, and enjoying life to the fullest.

User Image

Captain Fagbox

equinoxia

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:46 pm
i have been a lot of things before being a hippie. and i'm not exactly a hippie either...

i was raised in a very natural way, eating (somewhat) healthy food (but now i'm even more picky about it because i'm better informed) and we were not rich and we were a big family so we always took care of taking only what we need. i was really into recycling, and against overwrapping, and all that stuff, really young. i would read a lot about the environment...

at some point i grew really tired of school, started to rebel against everything because i wanted more freedom. i read noam chomsky and i became somewhat of a gothic punk. but then i started smoking weed, taking shrooms, and i let go of the angst and let the colours in, slowly. i went from listening to angsty music to ska, and then to reggae.

but then there is this other thing i discovered in the process which is a technohippie. which is probably what i am right now. i love psychedelic trance, goa trance, etc. i go to the outdoors festivals where we love to dance all day and all night, make community kitchens and workshops, do art, and sometimes take drugs too.

yarr smile  
The Gaian Hippie Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces