Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Turkish gameshow attempts to convert aetheists

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zambimaru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:59 pm
Found this story on Digg. Based on the description, theirs no winners on this show. And apparently the creators didn't do their homework on Buddhism since its an atheistic religion. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/turkey/5729452/Turkish-gameshow-attempts-to-convert-atheists.html  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:37 am
Just leave it to the Turks  

adolfchrist

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:10 am
User ImageNow see, the problem is, there's no prize for remaining unconverted. To be honest, I'd just lie, say I'm converted, and enjoy the free trip. Even if it's a religious site, free hotel + free food + picture taking = vacation. Then I'd just denounce the religion later.....probably over the phone.....from America where I'd be safe....er.

Then they should make a show where Atheists get to convert ardent theists! What could go wrong. surprised

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:31 pm
Oh, let the lying and false religious experiences begin! If Christians could go to the Vatican, I'd go just for the architecture.  

darkwolf possession

darkwolf possession

Athena_Ritashe

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:55 pm
oOOOo, I'd be the perfect candidate! I'm an avowed Atheist with no belief in God, and I'll end up getting a free trip to Tibet w/o lying or faking. They need to do some research and realize that a lot of Buddhists are Atheist too.

Edit: Can I meet the Dalai Lama, can I?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:14 am
xd Both are good places. But I'm going to convert to the Egyptian religion (whatever it's called). Isis, Anubis, I bow to thee, now lets go see the pyramids!!! whee  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:39 am
User ImageKemetic Orthodoxy? XD If I were to covert to a religion, I'd like to choose Asatru. XDUser Image

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:43 am
User Image
There ya go! I will be Kemetish. And sacrifice many virgins by de-flowering them between the great paws of the sphinx.

User Image
But if you become Asatru, where will your holy place be?

Dathu

Newbie Noob

The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces