Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
What is next for this country? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think is going to happen next to the country
  Recession will get worse
  Obama will just sitting around saying " HEY! I gave you change, oh you wanted change in the country I thought you just needed more money for my bills that I want to increase!!! hahaha I am Obama and I approve this message
  We are all going to die!
View Results

xxpeaceful_dreamsxx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:22 pm
I wanted to see what we republicians thought what would happen next for the country honestly I believe that we are going to a hyper inflation nobody except the richest people will afford health care
public school kids will start to trasnfer to private( oh lordy)
and everything but I want to hear your opinion!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:05 pm
The economy will trough out at some point, head into a recovery, and the nation will plug along. Obama will have one or two terms, then someone else will take over. Everyone will forget that they predicted the falling of the sky in Obama's first few months in office conveniently around the time that it becomes obvious that it will not. The next guy will come in. If he's a Democrat, Republicans will predict the sky will fall. If he's a Republican, Democrats will predict the sky will fall. I've watched it happen fro five different presidents now. Low and behold, we didn't have a nuclear war with the Soviet Union (Reagan's supposed doomsday), Bush was not a wimp who saw America torn to pieces by a post Cold War world (prediction under Bush Sr.), we were not led back into stagflation and a new era of tax and spend (Clinton's doomsday), and we didn't have throngs of poor and minorities pushed out into the streets, nor were there mass dragging of blacks in the streets (prediction under Bush Jr.). It gets a little hard to believe the worst case scenarios when they always result in the destruction of America as we know it, and it never seems to happen.  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

Vasilius Konstantinos

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:26 am
Slowly, surely we will lose more privileges in this country that we take for granted. Its not doomsday but it sucks. Yet we will still live with the illusion that we have a Constitution being backed by both parties, or at least the party that you are closest related to.

Someday anarchy might sound good to me. I dont know why but it just seems the older I get the more I have this disgust for authority. Meh, I hope it passes.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:59 am
Quote:
Slowly, surely we will lose more privileges in this country that we take for granted.

Okay, what were you, personally, allowed to do two years ago that you can't do today?  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

Vasilius Konstantinos

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:36 pm
Smoke in a restaurant, purchase certain weapons which are now deemed illegal, not get pulled over for simply not wearing my seat belt, buy food that may or may not have trans fat in it, picket without a permit in Madison WI, drink beer in the local park, have beer on my boat on Lake Winnebago, buy car insurance without having my credit report checked, be able to have an account balance of $9,999 in my account without having the IRS contact me for suspicion(of what they did not say), have a choice in whether or not my kids may or may not get vaccinated. Should I go on?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:48 pm
No, it won't be necessary. The interesting thing I notice is that most of what you describe are state and local laws. The insurance bit was actually not a law at all, but a business practice. The only one that was truly federal was the IRS one. This is actually the ugly pitfall of federalism, sometimes small concentrations of people with bad ideas can turn a state into a police state. It's a careful balance we strike between state and federal authority, and sometimes too much power in either hand is a bad thing.  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

DudeGuyman the original

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:14 pm
America just needs to realize Obama was the worst choice for this country! He needs to be impeached before he runs this country into the ground!!! America needs to be educated, the media is making it worse and all anyone cares about is american Idol and Michael Jackson! He's dead and he was apervert, he had some good songs but we don't need to worship him look at what's going on!!! wahmbulance  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:16 pm
Quote:
He needs to be impeached

On what charge? We don't ignore our laws and procedures just because we elected a bad politician, we vote them out at the next election.  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

Vasilius Konstantinos

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:02 am
Lord Bitememan
No, it won't be necessary. The interesting thing I notice is that most of what you describe are state and local laws. The insurance bit was actually not a law at all, but a business practice. The only one that was truly federal was the IRS one. This is actually the ugly pitfall of federalism, sometimes small concentrations of people with bad ideas can turn a state into a police state. It's a careful balance we strike between state and federal authority, and sometimes too much power in either hand is a bad thing.

I know they are mostly local laws, but man it gets annoying.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:58 am
Oh, I know. And there's a number of stupidities at the state level here in MI too. But it is still important to distinguish what is being done to us at the federal level vs. the state. Most erosion of our rights and privileges, I've noticed, has occurred at the state level. Spending the country into oblivion is generally the domain of the federal government.  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

Vasilius Konstantinos

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:12 am
I am in WI now but I lived most of my life under the restraints of Progressive CA. I was a smoker back when the ban hit there in 1997. I was also sued by a neighbor for having a primer grey car in my driveway and lost due to eyesore laws on a local level. I was forced to pay for a paint job on a car I was slowly building from the ground up(1967 Dodge Dart Swinger). I could not believe it. It was not even a loud car and I parked it in the back portion of the driveway not even seen on the street as I had a detached garage in the back of the house. I had thye nicest lawn o the block and I drove another car, but nope, it was paint it or lose it. Ridiculous.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:05 pm
If we were to impeach obama now it would be hard to find another candiate that would be able to step up and take over this God forsaken country but honestly he needs to listen to different ideas look what reagan did when we were in the recession back than he helped us get out of it quick made good descision most of the time and a little bad but they didn't affect the country that much as it is right now with OBAMA

xxpeaceful_dreamsxx

Vasilius Konstantinos

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:25 pm
There is no reason to impeach Obama as he has not done anything illegal nor is there a cause to do so, as Congress and Senate cannot call him in for any reason whatsoever. All he has done is allow a very liberal House and Senate sway in their own direction and hold the reins. You want to make a change? Vote in 2010 for your local and state and federal representatives who are to your best liking. Help them out on their campaigns by donating time to your local party. Every action counts and they will love you for it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:29 pm
Vasilius is 100% correct on this, and also with respect to the ease of volunteering (check out the volunteering and activism thread to see what he said there).  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

Kingthor2282

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:35 pm
I think next Obama (he isin't Irish by the way) will fly Kim Jong Ill over here and give him free health care, then he will give him the secrets to our military and say "Well...um........I thought he was a changed....um...man."  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff