Reply 'Tendo Cult~
My Drums Broke. Again.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GuruGuru214

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:54 am
So it might be a little late for a thread on this, but...

For the second time, my Guitar Hero: World Tour drums are out of commission. I got the game for Christmas and by January 2nd, the red pad had gone hyper-sensitive for a night and then just died. Not wanting to deal with Activision, I took the game back to Walmart. Well, it's happened to me again. This time, the pad became hyper-sensitive but stayed that way, and even using the tuning kit to turn the sensitivity to the lowest setting doesn't solve the problem.

I contacted Activision support and they're even more useless than I expected. Since every do-it-yourself tutorial I've seen so far is for fixing the opposite problem, I'm pretty much left with the options of either going to Walmart again (because they're amazing about taking stuff back) or shelling out $100 for a new set.

Has anyone else had this much trouble with their plastic instruments or am I just lucky that way?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:08 am
All I really know is that the drums for WT are supposedly pretty faulty. If I were you I'd just take it back to Wal*Mart.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

GuruGuru214

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:51 am
Yeah, I really love the drums when they work, I just wish they weren't so prone to spontaneous bricking. The whole experience with Activision (they basically told me "we have no repair center, so here's four do-it-yourself sites we don't support") has opened up a couple options for me, though. One of my Les Paul controllers likes to double strum when you strum down, so now I've got no hope of having it fixed, I have no reason not to try opening it to see if I can see what's wrong. Also, there's a mod I've seen to make the fret buttons light up when you press them, so since I have an extra neck to try it on, why the hell not?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:42 pm
Just go to Wal*Mart. They may be a monopolizing, employee-enslaving, union-busting company, but at least they conduct good business.  

xenozebrax

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:15 pm
I want World Tour drums. I tried them at my friend's house. I think I like 'em more. >_>  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:16 pm
A thing is supposed to come in the box saying don't return them to the place you bought the game from.

You have to go to Red Octane's website, and ask for the midi tuner. That was, you can change the sensitivity of the drums. At least that's how it works for the 360 one...  

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:06 am
auS-e-Dude
A thing is supposed to come in the box saying don't return them to the place you bought the game from.

You have to go to Red Octane's website, and ask for the midi tuner. That was, you can change the sensitivity of the drums. At least that's how it works for the 360 one...

I can understand that when it's a console and you have stuff saved on there, but when it's just a controller it seems like it would be way easier to just take it back and get it replaced... whether the company wants you to or not.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:16 am
auS-e-Dude

Yes, I have the yellow paper saying don't return. However, once the warranty is up, Red Octane and Activision offer absolutely no support. And I do have the USB midi cable, but the problem persisted even after I turned the sensitivity on the red pad all the way down. Walmart is the last act of a desperate man.  

GuruGuru214

namex

Demonic Hellraiser

9,100 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Divine 500
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:33 am
The only problem I have is that the drum legs don't lock well so when I play them, the drum pads move down...but I have learned to use them without raising them mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:39 pm
I-namex-I
The only problem I have is that the drum legs don't lock well so when I play them, the drum pads move down...but I have learned to use them without raising them mrgreen

Yeah, I have that problem too, but only on the right side, so my drums always end up all crooked.  

GuruGuru214

'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff