Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
stuff I got at the anime festival wichita (w/video - post 8) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

COOL huh?
  yeah
View Results

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:25 am
Here's the four things I got at the convention.

Suzumiya Haruhi
Nagato Yuki
Asahina Mikuru
From "the meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" or...
"Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu"
The fourth one... Rio-chan, is from an old black jack style slot machine with a video screen. Her character was on the screen and did stuff based on how well you played. The slot machine was called "Super Black Jack Rio", and sadly you can't find them for sale anymore.

ALSO...
Here's a picture of my Buster Blade Prototype 2 that I took to the con. Where as Prototype 1 had a small handle blade connection problem and could be crushed easily, This one seems to have a riggidity problem, so it bends easily. v.v

I also retook the photo of my first Suzumiya-Haruhi set, with a different background I used for the new ones I just got. So here's my new photo of my Nagato-Suzumiya set.

I didn't get this "FAKE" Samurai Sword set at the con, but soon afterward. I thought I would include it because they're cool. (I got them at the "Museum of World History" - most things there though are obviously fakes) Things for display are fakes in museums, but if it's obvious, it's a louzy museum.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:50 am
That is awesome!!! xd  

NeverMore42_6_6_6

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:01 pm
Love the action figures man!!! I've seen AMV's with those particular action figures in them, well it was from the anime but it looks like them. sweatdrop I hope you know what I'm saying here or trying to say.

All I gotta say about the Samurai Sword set is I hope you didn't pay to much for them. They're pretty, but yeah it's clear they're fakes. sweatdrop

Oh have you ever seen how a katana is actually made!? Made talk about WOW! eek So yeah after watching that the fakes just scream out to ya, ya know? But still a very pretty set.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:18 am
raven: agreed

moonracer: I love the show, and as for AMVs, I've never seen one that use a figurine instead of clips of the show.

I knew they were fakes from the start. I don't know, is 40 bucks for the set a lot? I'd like to get a real one, but I don't know where I would get them.  

xwhateverxdudex

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:21 pm
⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞

BUNNY GIRLS!!! *squeals*
      >_>; ^_^;

.....And I've got a Samurai sword replica that a guy gave my husband in return for a ride out of town. @_@;;; .....And a chinese tai chi blade replica. 3nodding I'd really like to get some sort of wall display for them. It would be lovely.

[LOVE]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:41 pm
Cool pics! That makes me want a real katana haha

Iakun

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:51 pm
No, I'd say 40 bucks for that set is a very reasonable price actually.

*shakes head* No, no the AMV isn't done with the figurines, I'm saying scenes from the show where they are dressed like that. I've seen an AMV with scenes from the show where they are dressed like that. I'm sorry for confusing you last night...I blame....crap I got nothin to blame! gonk

As for where to find a real one...Japan man go to Japan or search Ebay. *shrugs* Either that or have connections with some weapons buddies, that you can hit up for info and connections on getting you one. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:23 pm
Rini: haha, nice to know I'm not the only one that would react that way to seeing a bunny girl. (i couldn't wall mount - not enough space left on my wall)

Iakun: you and me both

moonracer: Oh good (40 isn't a lot)
Oh I get it. Was it like this one? (This is one of my ultimate favorate AMVs)
4ever - the vernicas (suzumiya haruhi) AMV
(sorry about the auto-load thing - i couldn't find this version anywhere else)
(i hope you have a player that can play FLV files)
I'd love to go to japan, but I can't afford it, and I'd rather learn japanese first.  

xwhateverxdudex

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:06 pm
⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞⁞

xD! Bunny and Kitty girls rock. <3
      Well, I have an entire house to fill so I do have room on the wall. >_<;; But, I think having them displayed out somewhere is awesome. I really like how...in Kill Bill, Bill has his sword mounted on top of the tele. XD

[LOVE]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:41 pm
Yeah that's the scene though they have a smaller version of it, but they did good in my favorite AMV. But love the video thanks for sharing. This is my favorite one but it doesn't have the scene till 2:47 or so to 3:05, and you might wanna watch it before your sister she might take it down but here ya go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC_d_jyWcNg

(It cracks me up. And purple if this is bad...I sorry and just delete it if it is.)  

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:43 am
Rini: awesome, I have my figurines mounted on my wall.
I tried to mount my sword, but ran out of wall space.
(too many posters - eg. megatokyo)

Glad you liked my video, and I liked yours too.
(i didn't see anything that would warrent taking it down)
BUT HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Watch it before it gets taken down? I'll do better then that!!!
I'll save the video itself right to my computer.

ALSO, if you think this is bad.
You should check out the 2nd page of my "YAY, new obsession!" thread.
Post 11 (currently my last post there)
Not a "music" video, but I thought it was funny.
(especially LEN's reaction)  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:10 am
Eh, it's kinda borderline. Really close, but I'll allow it since there's no real nudity. I see now why dude likes that Haruhi show so much, tho. xp  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:41 am
LOL
YEAH, it's an awesome show.

Funny, and has alot of ecchi.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:24 pm
User Image

The last place we lived, I had my walls covered in Final Fantasy pictures. From the ceiling all the way down the the baseboard. 5X7 or 8X10 pictures I'd printed on my computer. There was only two spots int he room that weren't covered and those were the windows. It was awesome. whee

Her though, I've just got some real posters up everywhere. I have like three FFAC wallscrolls + my FF action figures all over the living room. My bedroom is like a shrine to NANA and Chobits. And my office has tons of Kingdom Hearts posters and a few Sephiroth ones. ...Oh yeah, and the one of Zack that came with Crisis Core. I forgot I had that.

[LOVE]

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:36 am
ROCK'n !!!

I'd love to that many posters!  
Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash