Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Is so many transformations needed

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ALonelyFallenStar

6,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:53 pm
Hi everyone...I just thought about this... Yes. Sailor moon's enemies get stronger, but is nessesary to have to many transformations. I could barley keep up.. My personal favorite IS Moon Eternal...the last one(the long one). But that is my opinion. Fell free to post your opinion on the transformations....My least favorite is Moon crisis....But thats me....post whatever you want and please....if your going to debate over something...do it calmly  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:18 am
My favorite Sailor Moon's transformation is Moon Cosmic Power(in S).  

LadyDerethia

5,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

xLolitapop

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:16 pm
You know, I always wondered, what is the enemy doing while they all transform, just standing there watching? lol.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:05 pm
Well I think the only reason there are so many incarnations is because Naoko Takeuchi originally only planned on one story arc and once that arc ended and they asked her to do more, so she changed it up to accommodate the extension and help her keep her interest in writing the series.

As far as what villains are doing while they are transforming: I used to think that we were seeing something like a slow motion of something that only happens in a split second. then I saw Sailor Moon R: The promise of the Rose. Fiore interrupts her henshin sequence by grabbing the crystal while its' trying to form the fuku. Given that evidence I have had to change my theory. It must be that the endless series of minions that the generals send at the Sailor Scouts really are mindless.

Queen Beryl would have been more successful if she would have made them do the work themselves rather than sending minions. Nephlite figured it out just before he died.  

NichiTsukinoko

Avane Anime

Aged Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:33 am
I like the changes, it breaks up the monotony a bit when watching so many episodes. I mean they transformer almost every episode, it would get super annoying to see the same one from the first episode to the last.

Besides they get different powers, SM especially so it makes sense that things would happen a bit differently as they're transforming.

As for what's going on while they're going through their transformations, I've always wondered this about every magical girl anime. My friends and I theorize that they enter a "henshin dimension" as soon as they're finished saying their magic words. They can be interrupted before they finish the phrase, but once they've finished saying it (assuming there are no power failures, like what ofen happens to Usagi) they enter an alternate dimension where they transform, meanwhile little or no has passed in their normal dimension. So it's a pretty crazy theory, but the whole concept of a henshin is crazy so it needs a crazy explanation.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:24 am
I like Sailor Moon's first henshin, Moon Prism Power, the best! biggrin  

Luna_Mallow

skylette

Indulgent Conversationalist

11,900 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Timid 100
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:59 pm
There are many inconsistencies as far as what they do during transformation sequences. in the manga, it's instantaneous. I always thought it was a little strange in the anime...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:42 pm
I liked watching the transformations. they get all pink and sparkly and seeing the different parts of the outfit appear, the finger nails, the shoes, the bow etc.

plus henshin form of Sailor Moon makes an interesting cosplay. I actally saw it once! someone was all shiny, sparkly pink. I didn't get a chance to get close but it looks like she was covered in pink cling wrap. even the hair! she was on the escalator's going down and i was going up so I only got a brief look.  

NichiTsukinoko

Nightshade247

4,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:25 pm
Honestly i like the Moon Cosmic Dream Action (With Rini) a tag team transformation and i kinda agree wit u on the whole too many transformatins but they did give off a good flare for the show  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:32 pm
xLolitapop
You know, I always wondered, what is the enemy doing while they all transform, just standing there watching? lol.

You know thats the same question I did, I guess yeah they were looking because the sailor's were butt naked LOL but who knows blaugh  

Little blackfire

Home

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff