Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
HATE...strong but true... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Am I the only one that feels this way?
  Nope I'm with ya sister!
  Are you nuts it's awesome!
  I'll never say! *Backflips into black hole*
  *Trots in yoinks gold and trots out*
View Results

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:17 pm
I hate the new update to Gaia. I liked the old toolbar, it was less in the way, cleaner, not so bulky, and easier to navigate! My Guilds isn't in the shortcut list anymore so having to find my guilds now is a chore...what a pain...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:39 pm
you ain't the only one it's way to bright too  

Jealous_Monster

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:23 pm
User Image

I normally don't argue with the things that Gaia does, but this is terrible. :/ It really makes me sad.

I understand they wanted the blue because they are trying to "go back to the old gaia" or whatever. But....jeez. It's terrible!! I had to adjust the brightness on my screen just to read the words written on the highlighted background. And the blue doesn't match the site, at all. They started changing things to that darker theme, which yeah...looked more professional, but now it just looks like s**t. @_@;;;;;;

I agree, it's very bulky and hard to navigate through. :/ All of the good links to things have been removed. At least all of the ones I use. Overall, I personally think it's the worse "upgrade" I've seen here.

[LOVE]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:48 pm
yeah, things are not as good once were but I starting to like it, yeah it isn't as easy as it was but now I can skip the front page of the forum to the main forum  

Tybarious

Iakun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:48 am
I don't like it. I won't go on and on about why I don't, I just don't. And the shortcuts menu pisses me off now. Getting to guilds was pretty damn fast before. Now it's just a tad more annoying. They also got rid of the avatar link in the shortcut menu. I was p.o.'d about it for 2 seconds before I realized I can just click on my avatar in the left corner to go there haha  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:28 am
I never really used the guilds link that much.
I just added the URL to my browsers URL drop-down box.
That way I just log-in, use the url, and I'm here.

I realize that isn't probably more complicated for people that are a member of more then a few guilds. But it helps me.

Heck you could always save the URL for your "my guilds" page instead.  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:31 am
Think about all the people on gaia with older computers and the lag this new toolbar creates. xp And were the cutesy little pictures next to the links really necessary? They eliminated the space for all the links that used to be there! You can tell I hate it. They got rid of all the links I used to use, and made the new color clash with the rest of the site design. I'd like to know why it's necessary to redo something in the site design every few months, when they could be working on something useful. xp  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:01 pm
*Points to purple* Amen girlfriend! I mean instead of doing something new and shinny that god only knows if the people will like, and not to mention it didn't need fixing, why not fix something that really needs fixing. Not to mention maybe updating something else maybe making more games to play or something. No! They give us a new toolbar that sucks... *clears throat* I'm calming...I'm going to my happy places... *stares at all the Vincent Valentines* Ah...happy place...  

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:39 am
OMG. Yes Purple, the lag is hell. I tried using my Safari 4 browser to access my mules account and none of the menus would pop up. You could see the bar but when hovered over...nothing happened. @_@;; I was like err, wut?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:15 am
YEAH, alot of older computers or even ones with less ram or slow browsers will have trouble loading the pages now.

(i'm glad I have firefox now)  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:30 pm
Rini Ikataru
OMG. Yes Purple, the lag is hell. I tried using my Safari 4 browser to access my mules account and none of the menus would pop up. You could see the bar but when hovered over...nothing happened. @_@;; I was like err, wut?
I figured as much. sad *sigh* A lot of my friends on gaia have older comps, and some of them don't come on as much anymore simply because they can't load the friggin' website! stressed  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:01 pm

My computer is only about 3 years old, and I most often use Firefox. I use Safari when I make profiles to check and make sure they are compatible. And gosh, it was almost impossible to do that with Safari and the new navi-bar.

I totally agree with all of the users who are saying: Why? We didn't ask for this.
      I didn't see anything wrong with the other navi bar. It matched what they were trying to do with the site. And now they're claiming that they are trying to go back to "old gaia" that will NEVER happen. Once you move foreword, it's impossible to go back without basically killing yourself.

[LOVE]

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:24 pm
I'm with you guys. I've heard from some of my friends with slow computers that the sight is a pain to load and takes forever and other stuff.

I'm with ya Rini we didn't ask for this change, but then how often do they give us what we ask for? How often do they go back and fix what they screw up? I'm with ya they will never go back to the "old gaia" like they say.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:28 am
They're always doing crap that no one asks for.
And they never really care about how it works.

Responce threads are pointless.
They never listen anyway.  

xwhateverxdudex

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:44 pm

Well, they listen before they actually update. 3nodding
      They made a thread a few days back showing the new navi-bar thing and asked for feedback, but if you go through that original thread 90% of the posts say they love it. rolleyes Then there are a bunch of people saying things were wrong with it, and they actually went back and fixed///added in a few of the suggestions before it was finally released the other day.

[so simple and clean]

Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces