Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Cvil Unions

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you agree with allowing Civil unions/DP
Yes
80%
 80%  [ 4 ]
No
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

xxTyeTye

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:31 pm
Do you agree we should national allow civil unions?
Give me you reason why are not

And don't hold back because i'm like the gay one here.

Tye

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:54 pm
***Do you agree we should nationally allow civil unions?
Give me your reason why or why not

And don't hold back because i'm like the gay one here.

xxTyeTye

Wizard of Ahhhs

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:13 pm
User Image
User Image

I think there's no need for a national law as of now, we're already on the process of slowly allowing each state to have civil unions.

Though, we do have to look at the only (logical) reason why civil unions shouldn't be legal in some states, and that reason is that some families don't want to live in a state that allows civil unions, weather it be for their children or for themselves (or both).

I'm pretty wishy-washy on the subject, but at the end of the day I think our country should have a few states that allows it, and a few states that don't (sort of like we do now).

So, no need for a national law right now (in my opinion). Just leave that to the state to decide.

User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:09 am
I was tempted to vote no because I think it's a petty side-step for the real issue, gay marriage, which I think should be allowed. That said, the same legal rights should apply to all couples, same sex or opposite sex, no matter what we call it.

Oh, and btw, you're not the only gay one here Tye, the current guild owner is gay. I myself am a bisexual. So, you're not exactly alone here.  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

xxTyeTye

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:41 pm
Sadistic Parade

Though, we do have to look at the only (logical) reason why civil unions shouldn't be legal in some states, and that reason is that some families don't want to live in a state that allows civil unions, weather it be for their children or for themselves (or both).

So, no need for a national law right now (in my opinion). Just leave that to the state to decide.

User Image
User Image

i under stand your reason for not national but then people who are civil unionized are still paying the same tax as single people, while married people get a brake, tell me how is that far?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:57 pm
Civil Unions don't go far enough. I think it should either be full-on marriage, or not recognize marriage overall, and only recognize civil unions (as the trend seems to be that "gay marriage is immoral", as false as that is!) We have freedom of religion... and my religion says it's okay to be gay... so my religion should be as recognized as another.  

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200

DanskiWolf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:17 pm
Sure, why not. Let gays be gays.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:24 pm
@Sadistic Whatnot - The federal government would be the only way to recognize the unions, as the DOMA prevents such things... and over 1000 rights are given by the federal government to married couples...

I just forgot to add that.  

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200

Latopazora

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:46 pm
do we already have a thread like this? Same-sex marriage
I'm pretty cool with same-sex marriage really. Though, like I said in the last thread, I think it should be decided via vote. Quite frankly, I think thrusting something like this on the American people is no way to make friends.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:57 am
Quote:
I think it should be decided via vote. Quite frankly, I think thrusting something like this on the American people is no way to make friends.

QFT  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

Vasilius Konstantinos

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:32 pm
Leave it up to the individual states.  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items