Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Advantages and disadvantages of 3 game consoles.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SlashFighter1988

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:11 am
I've always wanted an opinion on what old game systems is the best: The NES,
the Sega Genesis, or the classic Atari 2600 VCS. Type your opinions about how they compare. Describe the advantages and disavantages of all factors of the system. Also say which one you would recommend out of the three. Remember, back then it was always a competition for the best system, no matter what era. cool  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:21 am
The Atari's disadvantage was that it had no advantage.  

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:59 am
That's kind of a weird three to compare. Shouldn't the SNES be with the Genesis, and the Atari be with like... other stuff?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:34 pm
Out of those I'd say genesis, but yeah like what Fish said, those are weird to compare.  

Funky Monkey Bill

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:33 pm
SNES pwns all. it had starfox, a couple light gun games like superscope, had the best mario, zelda, metroid, and most RPG games.

genesis is a close second for me.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:52 am
Genesis. As for the SNES...well, I had a Genesis because my grandparents and best friend at the time both had it. I didn't know about that Sega/Nintendo console war going on and knew nothing about what was happening on the SNES. I wasn't into Zelda or Metroid yet and was very happy with Sonic. As a result, I still am extremely unaware of what the SNES has to offer other than A Link to the Past, Super Metroid (which I have yet to play but have on the Virtual Console), Super Mario World, and Super Mario RPG (which I have also not played). I love my Genesis, but the SNES feels like a hole in my geekdom that can never be filled.

It'd probably help if I picked one up on eBay or something, though.  

GuruGuru214

SlashFighter1988

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:34 am
The thing about these systems is that they were all marketed during the same time period 1980's - 1990's. I actually perfer the Atari for its gameplay. razz  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:47 am

To be honest I too was unaware of this console war stuff until the near end of it. I was contented with my NES and my Sega Genesis for many years and still would be playing them along with my other consoles had not most of the controllers worn out from natural wear and tear.

I do find it amusing though that most atari sytems and the sega genesis can interchange their controllers into the other port xD

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items