Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official NHL Hockey Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

We are here so that people from every where can talk about thier love of hockey 

Tags: ice hockey, hockey 

Reply The NHL Hockey Guild
Who's better, Alexander Ovechkin or Sidney Crosby? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who is better, Alexander Ovechkin or Sidney Crosby?
Alexander Ovechkin
39%
 39%  [ 23 ]
Sidney Crosby
41%
 41%  [ 24 ]
They both suck
8%
 8%  [ 5 ]
They're the same
10%
 10%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 58

Top Secret Cake

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:07 pm
Its not even a question. Crosby is the better between the two, and hes proven it in every aspect of the sport. Except for suspensions wink Ovy has more of those.  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 7:53 pm
93Franzen93
hockeylove88
I'd have to go with Sidney Crosby! reasons being: He's the captain of the Penguins, he's young, he lead them to the Stanley cup, and he doesn't play like a bully. Go Sidney<3

you forgot to say that he's a whining, diving b***h who completely snubbed Nick Lidstrom in 2009 by not shaking hands. Cindy's an arrogant little f** who needs to get his head out of Pierre McGuire's a**.

That's funny that Detroit complained about shaking Claude Lemieux's hand after Lemieux destroyed Draper's face. Then Draper is complaining that Crosby didn't shake their hand. Well hello Franzen took Crosby out of Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final. Feels a bit hypocritical to me. If you spent 21 years trying to win something and you finally did it after losing it the previous year, wouldn't you be a little delirious, too?

I don't see how Ovechkin is any better. The person who gets suspended for going around throwing knee on knee and hits and boarding people. Then he plays the most selfish brand of hockey out there and celebrates like a drunk Russian after scoring empty net goals. He had to camp in the neutral zone and score 5 empty net goals just to tie Crosby in points this season. He can't shoot either. He took 50 more shots than Crosby and still didn't have as many goals xD  

xx_The Fury_xx

Rachael3487

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:50 pm
I will say the both have talent, but I am tired of hearing about them and two players that get overlooked and are just as good, Stamkos and St. Lois  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:27 pm
I honestly don't like either of them.
It's obvious that Crosby is better (now that his ugly 'stache is gone xd )
I agree with Rachael, though. Those are a couple of great players, along with the Sedins. Though I wouldn't mind seeing them all in Canucks uniforms rofl  

Delightfully Evil LordM

Shameless Bunny

13,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Heckler 50
  • Hygienic 200

grandaire

Ursine Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:34 pm
I prefer Ovechkin over Crosby. I just don't like Crosby's personality. Sure, he's pretty good, but he's an a**! He whines and complains, and usually gets what he wants. He's a totally baby. Yet- neither are as good as Datsyuk ,Zetterberg, or Lidstrom.

93Franzen93
you forgot to say that he's a whining, diving b***h who completely snubbed Nick Lidstrom in 2009 by not shaking hands. Cindy's an arrogant little f** who needs to get his head out of Pierre McGuire's a**.

I agree for the most part.

xx_The Fury_xx
That's funny that Detroit complained about shaking Claude Lemieux's hand after Lemieux destroyed Draper's face. Then Draper is complaining that Crosby didn't shake their hand. Well hello Franzen took Crosby out of Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final. Feels a bit hypocritical to me. If you spent 21 years trying to win something and you finally did it after losing it the previous year, wouldn't you be a little delirious, too?

Dude. We aren't talking about the Pens as a whole. Crosby hasn't been on for 21 years. Plus, he went straight to the media after they won. Didn't look back even once. Everybody else on the team shook hands. The media people weren't even ready to start interviews- he stood around for quite a while.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:56 pm
CROSBY ALL THE WAY OVY is okie i like his wrist shot but sdney crosby is WAYYYYY BETTTTTEEEERRRR scream  

Xxrawr_pancakexX

ovechkin8hockey

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:23 am
hayden9898
got to be alex

seriously he won the winter classic with out any problem  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:39 am
Top Secret Cake
Its not even a question. Crosby is the better between the two, and hes proven it in every aspect of the sport. Except for suspensions wink Ovy has more of those.

ur right ovy has more suspensions but look at what happend in the winter classic crosby didnt even get the puck live on alex THE GREAT ovechkin  

ovechkin8hockey

Rachael3487

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:37 am
ovechkin8hockey
Top Secret Cake

ur right ovy has more suspensions but look at what happend in the winter classic crosby didnt even get the puck live on alex THE GREAT ovechkin

I hate to break it to you but ovechkin didn't do that great either at the winter classis neither the kid OR him scored so what does that tell you?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:17 pm
As for Crosby... he's not as good as everyone says he is, honestly.
He's good... just not OMGAMAZING.
He does nothing on the forecheck, doesn't seem to show much charisma. He's an offensive force. Just not a complete player. So he isn't the best. Ovie has somewhat of a decent two way game.

Ovechkin draws too many penalties when his team is losing, and sid whines to the refs. he also gets away with so many calls. he isn't classy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFyIOLZHWRg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKr2Et0THzM&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9eaECfK8F8&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tpS_5uAzFE&feature=related
How can you call that classy?  

Sheezur Cannoli

Dapper Autobiographer

xXx_SidxVicious_xXx

Liberal Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:37 pm
Ovechkin has more pure, raw, God-given talent, but he's an a*****e both on and off the ice. He's disrespectful, arrogant, and he can't carry a team in the playoffs.
Crosby has more finesse, but he uses his superstar status as an excuse to be immature and act like a b***h.
So to put it simply, I hate both. Pavel Datsyuk is the best in the league, IMO.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:56 pm
sid  

AvengedFlame

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Sheezur Cannoli

Dapper Autobiographer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:11 am
xXx_SidxVicious_xXx
Ovechkin has more pure, raw, God-given talent, but he's an a*****e both on and off the ice. He's disrespectful, arrogant, and he can't carry a team in the playoffs.
Crosby has more finesse, but he uses his superstar status as an excuse to be immature and act like a b***h.
So to put it simply, I hate both. Pavel Datsyuk is the best in the league, IMO.
This.
Or Tazer.  
The NHL Hockey Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas