Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
Why are people such jerkwads? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gah, silly poll didn't go through the first time.
  *pokes the poll*
View Results

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:56 pm

Warning: This is just me ranting.

So, as most of you know I make Gaia profiles, rizight? I personally have very-very low self esteem. Both in my appearance, and in my abilities. Well, lately it feels like so many people are just trying to make it worse. I wont go into any names, but we'll call them by numbers.

We've got Girl #1. She's an artist here on Gaia. She does okay art, personally I don't like her stuff that much...but I wont deny that it's okay quality. She used to charge pretty cheap for it, then recently she started charging 1 mill just for a chibi shot. So, I kind of mentioned how I felt she was overcharging. She goes into a fit and says that I need to STFU because my graphics work is Elementary School level and I charge way too much for my stuff. Then the next day she creates a thread bashing me. @_@; She says and I quote:

Quote:
What's so great about Rini Ikataru? I can draw, really great may I add, and she can't even do a stick figure. So, all I need to do is brush up on my code capability and I'll be better than she could ever be. Know why? I can draw and she can just sit there and manipulate other people's work. See, I'm so much better than her!!!!

WTF??? o_o;;;; I never did anything to this girl. Now she has a crapload of followers who are Anti-Me. And it's just like....making me super emofied.

...Then there is Girl#2, who claims to be a friend of mine. She tells people that we're such great friends or whatever. Well, I found out the other day she's been basically copying my codes and started her own profile shop using her graphics and my coding. So, I reported it and she throws a fit. She comes fussing at me saying I had no right to report her because we are friends. O_O;;; I said that stealing is stealing, no matter who you are. And if you were really a friend, you wouldn't be stealing from me. And her reply was:

Quote:
It doesn't matter anyway, my graphics are better than yours. If I could code better, I'd make way more money than you ever could.

*shrugs* I know my s**t sucks, but does everyone have to rub my face in it? It makes me just want to pack up and quit everything. >_<;;

Okay, rant over. Sorry. *sweatdrop* I just really needed to get it all out.

[so simple and clean]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:09 pm
Don't apologize for the rant. Everyone needs to get something off their chest every now and then. Lord knows I do it... a lot. sweatdrop

b***h #1 is just a b***h. Nothing bothers me more than someone who MAY be awesomesauce at art but also feels the need to brag about how much better they are than someone else. I'll also say this, artists on gaia are ******** full of themselves and their ability. I've heard of artist charging millions for art and I think it's pretty disgusting. I don't think anyone's art on gaia, I don't care HOW good, is worth 1 million gold. But with how gaia's market is super gross inflated all the time (and will never be fixed) artists are always gonna charge gross amounts of gold.

b***h #2 is not a friend. Friends don't do that and though I think you should have talked to her first rather than just flat out reporting her, her backlash was just stupid as hell.

You might not think you're very good but at least you're not a dumb b***h like those dumb bitches. xp

Iakun

Iakun

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:13 pm
PS. Your profile is SUPER CUTE and I'd TOTALLY ask you to make me one but I don't have the gold to pay for that sort of thing haha  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:36 am
First off, I don't think your stuff is s**t. Secondly, people are always going to be jealous, whether it's because they know your stuff is good or because they think you make it look easy. Don't let them bother you. It's not worth the stress. And yeah, girl #2 is obviously not a real friend. So many people don't seem to understand that the word "friend" does not mean a license to "borrow" anything and put their name on it. xp *huggles* Just be the bigger person and ignore them all. And if you need some muscle, we're here. xd  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:20 pm
These people deserve to get hacked, so that their entire lives are utterly ruined forever. (they are total bitches)

Sorry, I go to extremes.

But yeah, your art totally rocks, so don't pay any attention to them.
mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:53 pm

Thank you for the feedback guys. >_<;

I was bored last night and made a new layout, Vincent D'onofrio themed. *melts into a pool of love* I guess, I get bored with my layouts quite often and end up making a new one at least once a month. xD

Anyway. Yeah, as far as girl #2 goes, she's not my friend. And I reported her for and now she's banned for art//profile theft. She came back on a mule and is trying everything she can to get me banned. But of course, making up false accusations will only get her banned again.

As far as girl#1 goes. Apparently she quit Gaia. She closed her artshop and has in her first post that she's too "mature" for a site like this and now she only sells IRL commish. (Gaia art for real money). *shrugs*

......I just have a really-really-really low self esteem for my own stuff. I see stuff I make and see nothing but flaw, a few people say it's good...but they are "friends" and I always feel like...it's just that whole "lie to your friend to make them feel better" sort of thing. >_<;;

[love]

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:34 pm
Okay first sorry I'm late to the part. Next Whore#1 is probably just jealous that you can make kick arse layouts and all she can do is draw! She was probably just super jealous and had to make herself feel better by bashing you. She probably also got freaked out because people probably started realizing yeah 1 million gold for art work is outrages!

Whore#2 ain't no friend! Believe me I know I've run into a few of those "friends" in my years of living. You don't just take your friends hard work slap your name on it and sell it as your own. I say you did the right thing she stole from you and she needed to be punished for it she got was she deserved. You know what then she just needs to teach her happy butt how to code then she can be happy with herself.

*waves hand* Forget them they're not even worth your time Rini. However, I do understand about the lack of self esteem and feelings that your work isn't that good. I feel the same about my own work. I do sketches and I see all the flaws in them. However, I'm slowly starting to see "through my friends eyes" so to speak. They see the over all work, they didn't sketch it or do the coding or whatever so they don't see the flaw that you know is there. They see the over all view and to them it looks good. *smiles* But still I say my work sucks and see the flaws more then the rest of it, so I totally understand.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:53 am
It seems to be quite the trend for artists to critisize their own works.

I mean, I wouldn't call myself an artist, but I have made the stuff on my deviantart account, and frankly... I don't think it's that good either.

So I guess in general, unless your stuck-up, no one thinks their own art is great.  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:56 pm
Just checked out your new profile, Rini. Very cool. A bit darker than your usual stuff, but very well done. 3nodding Not everyone can do both dark and light stuff, you know.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:33 pm
Dude: Yeah, that seems to be the trend with artists. Then again the actual artist can see the flaws in it that no one else can because they did it. Ya know that hand you couldn't get right, that coding that just isn't working like you want, that sword that just isn't right, etc... Others see the over all work and miss the "little" flaws that the artist sees as a huge flaw.

Rini: I agree. I just checked out your profile and it looks very well done to me. Very nice flow to it interesting choices and just all around very nice! I like it I think you did a great job. ^_^  

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:26 am

Thank you for the feedback on my newest profile. ♥ It's not my usual style at all, I went for something totally different and it seems like most everyone likes it better than my usual stuff. So, in a way it makes me kind of saddened thinking...people find stuff that is "not me" more eye-pleasing than what really "is me". If that made any sense at all. rofl

But whatever, no big. ^_^

Again, thank you for the comments on everything. And thanks for letting me rant.

Yeah. Most every other friend I have that does artwork of any kind dislikes their own work. >_<; And like Dude said, those who do think their stuff is the shiznit are the ones who are bitches and just like Girl#1. ~_~;;;; Luckily now she's quitting Gaia so...no more of that b***h. YAY.

[love]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:41 am
I didn't hear anyone say they liked your new profile more then your others, just that it too was good.

I mean, I like it too.
But I myself prefer your other works.
Happy and cheerful is best.

It draws you away from this abysmal world.  

xwhateverxdudex

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:51 pm
Rini: Yeah, it actually made sense what you said. However, I never said your new profile was better then your old stuff. The reason I didn't...was cause I never checked out your old stuff so I can't say either way. This profile is the first one I've seen of your work so...yeah can't say I like either one better, but I can say that this one is very nice, flows beautifully, and just all around good work. sweatdrop *nods* Yeah, seems like that's usually the case. Yay! No more evil Girl#1!

Dude: Hey, that sounds nice. So I take it her earlier work was more cheerful? That sounds nice! *nods* I agree cheery stuff does draw one away from the abysmal world. However, it's hard to make Vincent Valentine cheery so my profile page is happy dark. *chuckles* sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:57 pm
I think it depends on your mood. Sometimes, I prefer darker stuff, and sometimes I want light stuff. 3nodding  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:03 pm

Oh, I didn't mean the people in here were saying that this one was better. I was referring to people who hang out in my shop. I'm sorry for not clarifying that one. >_<;;;

Actually all of my older profiles for the past three years can be found through a link called "Previous Profiles" that is listed on my current profile. And yeah, most of what I usually do...for myself anyway...is happy cheerful, bunny love type stuff. xDDD

[love]

Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces