Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Hell Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like this topic?
  Yes
  No
View Results

IVIalice

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:17 pm
I was going through videos on a channel I had subscribed to and I came across this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ28n3Lksck

To summarize, it is a video to scare current believers into spreading the word of God, because if they do not, people close to them will be burning in Hell.

With this I ask you to discuss the topic of Hell.
(Yes, you can also talk about the video.)  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:35 pm
User Image
Dude, I am litterly in tears. That s**t is funny as hell!!! (pun intended!) And I ********' loved how it ended "P.S. Wish you were here!" That is just cold, that's what that is! Oh man.

You know, I really thought it was a spoof at first. It's so corny and cliche, but I guess that GodTube (which is hilarious) really did/does exist. I mean, a video like this only shows the limited intellect of these people, so if these dumb asses keep breeding dumb asses, eventually they'll all be so retarded we'll just put'm all in a home.

I hate to quote Jeff Foxworthy (can't stand the guy) but he put best what I think about Christian breeding: "If you mix stagnant pond water with raw sewage, you ain't gettin' Evian."

Dathu

Newbie Noob

fhbnfghnbfgbsnbg

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:55 pm
This was the exact sort of thing they played at the church camp I attended a couple years back.
Except everyone was in awed silence, that sort of thing. I think some cried.

I wonder why that little girl was playing in the street.
Just my opinion, but I don't think little kids really understand religion anyway. When I was little, I missed every message they threw at me. I was just in it for the free stuff.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:35 pm
Hell is the gun held to your back. "believe in Jesus, and he'll love you forever. And if you don't you'll go to hell". Propaganda for power.  

Athena_Ritashe

MissDemeter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:54 pm
All I can say is: THAT WAS CREEPY AS ********!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:07 pm
Hell is more of a story that parents tell bad little children to make them behave... At least that what I have come to believe.  

migoto-kami

Greedy Genius

5,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

The Singular Enigma

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:50 pm
This is ridiculous... It's absolute bullshit. Christians are worse than Muslims sometimes. Every other person on Earth will go to hell? How does this "Hell" have enough room?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:04 am
The Singular Enigma
This is ridiculous... It's absolute bullshit. Christians are worse than Muslims sometimes. Every other person on Earth will go to hell? How does this "Hell" have enough room?

There is a topic somewhere in this guild that had someone talking about hell not being able to contain itself or something like this. I cant recall the name but look for it if you have the time.

Edit:
Found it!

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=2431277  

IVIalice

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

brainnsoup

Dapper Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:09 pm
So... These boys went out and got drunk off their asses and decided to drive home... But that's not nearly as shameful as the Christian boy shirking his duties of shoving faith down his friend's throat? Good message.

But what a good way to get the message across that God is good and merciful.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:00 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Wow... way to install a guilt complex. Sounds a lot like what was drilled into my head by that group I knew in high school. Ending with "wish you were here" echoing for an eternity.. that's just ******** awful. This, my friends, is a dominionist training tool. >.>

Where in the hell did they find this terrible excuse for an actor?

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

In Search of a Dream

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:20 pm
That "Wish you were here" was a bit amusing (that, and the fact that there really is a "Godtube"), but it's really annoying that they're trying to guilt people into spreading their faith and whatnot. It was horribly cheesy, too.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:47 pm
xd I like how we all agree the "Wish you were here" is the best part.  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:14 am

User Image
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:15 am
I have a question, if you die and are sent up wouldn't you continue flying up wards for all eternity or even if go to heaven how do they drag you to the center of the earth unless they've come up with teleportation.

User Image
i don't remember art being hated by christians, and mines a heart, though it is black and has barbed wire... don't see anything wrong.

User Image
noooo i'm fading out of existence.  

Dark Lord Erebus

Henneth Annun

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:12 pm
Dark Lord Erebus

User Image
noooo i'm fading out of existence.
God doesn't believe in god, therefore he does not exist.

*laughs lamely*

Anyway....

Am I the only person who couldn't finish watching it and turned it off in disgust?  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff