Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
REAL reason Sailor Moon isn't on TV

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Distingue

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:31 pm
Well i read somewhere that the real reason they don't show Sailor Moon on TV anymore is because normally kids watch cartoons and the show is really revealing, since all the sailor scouts are wearing skirts barely covering there butts and how there's boys who turn into girls.
Can't remember where I read it but if I find out I'll post the link for the site smile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:09 pm
Sailor stars was never on tv here in the US and sailor moon is no different than what those slutty brat dolls wear sailor moon is on anymore because of the rights they expired everywhere and toei and naoko is releasing them to anyone but sailor moon is going back on the air in japan this fall and funimation might be getting the rights to redub and release it.  

l Sailor Cancer l

Venombabe

Timely Muse

14,125 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:34 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

==========
A very small degree of hope

...no, that's not the real reason. If you believe that, you must be on crack stare

is sufficient to cause the birth of love
==========

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:23 pm
well i think they'd show it any way because u see the naruto series with all that blood and killing so i dont really think thats it but thats my opinion  

Eli the Sun Princess

Dapper Hunter

jenfuu

2,200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:34 pm
It has nothing to do with that. The US lost the license to show it... I thought there was a big thread that explained all this?

They butchered and cut up Naoko Takeuchi's work. They changed characters, and basically change dthe series by the way they cut it and butchered it, and edited it. I am not at all suprised we LOST the license here in the states...  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:27 pm
well if u want the truth it is that the rights to sailor moon has been frozen in Japan and Internationally that the reason why. but there is good news go look on moonkitty.net for it cool  

blue-fox-of-the-moon

Ravenmichiru

Rainbow Fatcat

8,650 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:27 pm
I honestly think that they would have a real hard time bringing the 5th season out if the licensing weren't an issue. With the way it is set up and the cuts they even did throughout the 3rd and 4th seasons and the episodes that were cut out of the "uncut" first two seasons. . . yeah. We need a full proper release of all five seasons.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:21 pm
jenfuu
It has nothing to do with that. The US lost the license to show it... I thought there was a big thread that explained all this?

They butchered and cut up Naoko Takeuchi's work. They changed characters, and basically change dthe series by the way they cut it and butchered it, and edited it. I am not at all suprised we LOST the license here in the states...

I know, right?

Read the Manga. Then watch the English Dub. You'll see why Naoko was so upset with what they did to her work.  

NichiTsukinoko

Princess Makoto Kino

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:22 pm
I think licensing was the key issue. Because they did show the one Sailor Moon movie ( I think it was called Hearts on Ice ?) and the villainess is nothing short of topless the odd thing was that they cut out the part where the sailors detransformed, always confused the heck out of me till I saw the uncut version and it was during " kiddie hours" . They'd probably show it during "non kiddie" hours if they did ever get the licensee for that hopefully they wouldn't slice stuff out. I mean when you watch adult swim these days it makes Sailor Moon look completely innocent . Although honestly if I remember correctly any skirt flipping/looking moment/shot they had on panties that covered everything . Although I think standards for children are probably loosening some in the US , just because I think if the episode where rini is introduced they wouldn't have as much issue showing the full episode as they did in the 90's since I don't remember seeing rini with a gun when I watched it as a little kid.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:56 pm
well the reason that distingue put cant be the real reason, not to be rude. Because I watched like every anime on funimation, and one is called Sasami Magical Girls Club, and in that the girls where somewhat slutty outfits and the teacher says something like letting them see your underwear and that she wasn't asking them to hoe it up like the highschool girls were.  

Ready-Set-Broken

4,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200

ilinks

3,800 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:48 pm
that stinks. there is worst on tv  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:02 pm
I think they wouldnt hav aired the final episode b/c she basically naked with wings lol. idc i luv the whole series :]  

Deus Ex Machina 03

Familiar Browser

4,300 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Pandorra

Magical Shoujo

8,700 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Campaign Manager 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:11 pm
That isn't true though. XD Winx and a lot of others wear skirts. I mean even in Pokemon Jesse wears a dinky skirt. It was translation issues. Also why there was no Stars season here. There is a lot more allowed in anime now then there was back when Sailor Moon first came out over here. That is why now there is talk from Funimation and others of possibly bringing it back.  
Home

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games