Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Payroll cuts and how they affect us.....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Th3 mad knitt3r

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:47 am
Hi there, I posted this in the 'Introduce Yourself' forum, but I just wanted to see if anyone had something to say about it.

"The main problem I have with this country now is the giant debt. Just in North Carolina alone, they have taken HUGE cuts out of both of my parent's paychecks. My Mom works as a Lunch Lady at my High School, and my Dad works as a Guard at a prison. While these are both good paying jobs, my Mom cannot get a full-time job at my school because the economy is not paying enough to let them hire anyone else, which really bugs me. My Dad has had to take huge cuts out of his check, and the state recently adopted a new program to pay them, which has further messed up our money situation."

Is there anything else anyone wants to add?

Or Discuss? xD  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:56 am
We had to let go of one guy out of my dept., and company wide all hourly employees are on 32 hour weeks instead of 40. Good thing, though, is that it's looking like it's going to pick up soon, and we even have some guys looking at retirement, so we might have everyone back up to 40 a week by next year.  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

Pumona

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:01 am
They had a cap on our raises and they cut our christmas bonus in half last year. We just got an email yesterday that the cap for our rasies was taken off. Hopefully the christmas bonus will be back to normal also but, that is just free money I'm not worried about.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:52 pm
Obama wants to cut funding going to the F22 Raptor, my mom and brother work for a company that works on the F22. Congress is hurting defense so much right now. Though right now, there's a program that they're really hoping to get, and its a break or make program. If they lose this program, that could mean tons and tons of layoffs, including people from on top. My brother could lose his job, my mom may still be safe. But defense is going to feel some of the hurt because of congress.  

Latopazora

Th3 mad knitt3r

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:01 am
I'm sorry guys!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:34 pm
LOL I lost my job due to increased taxation on businesses here in my county and state. Go figure.  

Vasilius Konstantinos

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:51 pm
That's brutal man. What field were you in?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:09 am
Vasilius Konstantinos
LOL I lost my job due to increased taxation on businesses here in my county and state. Go figure.

That's too bad. What state is this in?  

Pumona

The Republican Guild of Gaia

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces