Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Kids, don't mess with homebrew! (My Wii is officially DEAD) Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:28 am
Kids, never ever mess with homebrew on your Wiis.

When I got homebrew a few months ago, I thought it was great. I've even recently been playing Wii games for free. But now, because of what seemed like good fun, my Wii is officially dead. I had just installed a WAD onto my Wii, and it reset. When I pressed the A button: No Wii Menu. I tried and tried again, and alas, it did not appear. I searched far and wide across the great expanse of the internet, and I could only find one other person who had the same problem. Nobody could seem to be able to fix the problem. Only one person (the last person to post) had a way to fix it, and I had no idea how to get the fix to work on my Wii.

And that is the story of how my Wii died...

OH GOD HELP ME!! crying WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Update: I'm buying a mod-chip off the net. There is one way to save my Wii, but it might not work... Probably won't work, and costs £25 that is. I'll also have to take my Wii apart, so I'll take pics for you guys.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:43 am
I'm sorry. But it's the risk with Homebrew.  

The Rawk Hawk

Fashionable Nerd

6,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:43 am
My Wii crashes after a coupke seconds of being on.

Probably homebrew related. I'd say that the homebrew channel is safe, but I wouldn't mess with anything more then that.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:47 am
Nomega
My Wii crashes after a coupke seconds of being on.

Probably homebrew related. I'd say that the homebrew channel is safe, but I wouldn't mess with anything more then that.
Yeah. emo Certainly don't mess with installing WADs.  

Super Cheesio

problematic briefcase

O.G. Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:10 am
Cheesio, what happened to you was your Wii has become bricked. It's a full brick, by the sounds of it because it doesn't display the safety message.

Cheesio, be truthful, where were you getting your wads? Was it from Wiiso? Or just some random place on the internet?

Not really relevant to what's happened and how it can be fixed, I just wanna know. Cause, I think this will work, but it's still hacking the Wii.

EDIT: Cheesio, you should look around a lot more. A modchip isn't the only way, just like a Pandora's battery isn't the only way to hack a PSP, like people used to think.
Although it IS needed to unbrick it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:21 am
Harupiggy
Cheesio, what happened to you was your Wii has become bricked. It's a full brick, by the sounds of it because it doesn't display the safety message.

Cheesio, be truthful, where were you getting your wads? Was it from Wiiso? Or just some random place on the internet?

Not really relevant to what's happened and how it can be fixed, I just wanna know. Cause, I think this will work, but it's still hacking the Wii.

EDIT: Cheesio, you should look around a lot more. A modchip isn't the only way, just like a Pandora's battery isn't the only way to hack a PSP, like people used to think.

I know what's wrong with it, and the safety message does come up. It was a dodgy WAD, and now I'm Banner Bricked. And mod-chips are the only way.  

Super Cheesio

problematic briefcase

O.G. Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:51 am
Super Cheesio
Harupiggy

I know what's wrong with it, and the safety message does come up. It was a dodgy WAD, and now I'm Banner Bricked. And mod-chips are the only way.

I'm pretty sure a brick is a brick Cheesio, and if a program's function is to unbrick, it'll unbrick this.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:07 am
Mine does the same thing. It just crashes before or during the health warning screen.
I don't have ANY homebrew. At all.  

l-Kriel-l

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:13 am
Harupiggy
Super Cheesio
Harupiggy

I'm pretty sure a brick is a brick Cheesio, and if a program's function is to unbrick, it'll unbrick this.
But there's no way of running them is there?!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:25 am
Super Cheesio
Harupiggy
Super Cheesio
Harupiggy

But there's no way of running them is there?!

Nope. -_- ********. Sorry Cheesio! Dx
They made it sound like it didn't need to be installed first.
So are you just getting that Savemii thing? It looks like a GC memory card.

EDIT: That thing costs fifty Australian dollars.

problematic briefcase

O.G. Sex Symbol

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:03 am
Thanks for trying to help Haru.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:29 am
I know how to save your Wii.

Don't void the warranty. >_>  

Waynebrizzle

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:30 am
Waynebrizzle

Already void.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:36 am
Super Cheesio
Waynebrizzle

Already void.

THEN YE ARE LOSTE  

Waynebrizzle

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:02 pm
Waynebrizzle
Super Cheesio
Waynebrizzle

Already void.

THEN YE ARE LOSTE
Well, there's a fix that involves a mod-chip, so I'm gonna get that, and if it doesn't work I can give it to my friend's friend and see if he can fix it.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff