Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
MAMARITA IS GONE TILL 8/20/09

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vacationing in Texas with no Air Conditioner in the Car
Does the word HOT come to mind?
100%
 100%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 5

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:39 pm
I was supposed to leave on the 12th to go to Tennessee and Texas but today my daughter decided that to save gas and time, I was to accompany her back to her place in Columbus, Oh where she attends school and has all her stuff. We will be here till the 12th and then head south. I will have limited internet access in the next 10days.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:29 pm
I'd say have fun in Texas... But this is Texas we are talking about. xd Try and enjoy your vacation anyway.  

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

XenjinHattori

4,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:31 am
Have fun in Texas. I've never been there, is it a nice place?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:41 pm
It's... hot. stare And huge, so you have to drive forever to get out of it. stare  

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

XenjinHattori

4,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:48 pm
Uhm, Sounds like Saskatchewan, except Saskatchewan is flat. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:52 pm
Don't mess with Texas.  

I are Cowman

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:11 pm
Oh, heaven forbid I would do such a thing. I'm sure the red necks would hang me for it someday.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:37 pm
LOL : D Rednecks! : D

Mamarita I'll miss you! ; ; Its sad with you not being around so much ; ; The 17th is my birthday too!  

churrlo

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:49 am
First : Happy Birthday Churrlo, my Co-Captain'

Now forTexas: Ittook 20 hrs to drive here from Ohio, 8hrsof which was from Texarkana to Texas City just south of Houston, We were lucky that it was only 89 degrees on the drive Thursday morning- we got to the hotel about 2PM Central time. To say that =part time ninja= and I were soaking wet and hotter than a habenaro pepper is an understatement. It is pretty here- and we are a good luck charm for this area that hasn't seen rain in months. It rained big time last night and is raining outside now- with the sun shining. It's supposed to rain off and on for thenext 24hrs. YAY.

People have been friendly so far, and I have no complaints exceptfor the excessive heat and humidity- but then again, it's exactly the same way in Ohio now!

Have PTN's laptop to use when she and her b/f are out and about having fun- the reasonfor the trip in the 1st place.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:46 pm
Heh. As long as you're having fun.

I just have issues with Texas... But then, I'm a Yankee who ended up living there. So they have issues with me too. xd  

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

Colinflower

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:12 pm
I live in San Antonio, Texas. Let's just say... it's hot (we set heat records this summer... 113degrees and more... come on now?), it's big, and I hate when people visit my family because they always want to go downtown and see the Alamo which I've only been to about 2,000 times. Lol. Texas is great, not for vacation though.  
Resources & Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games