Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fallacious Wanderer 3155

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:20 am
So, this is the official timeline for the series:

User Image - Ring of Fates

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. - Crystal Chronicles

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. - My Life As A King

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. - My Life As A Darklord

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. - The Crystal Bearers

~~ User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. - Echoes of Time ~~*

We know this list is true. Square Enix said that RoF takes place before the original, and that MLAAK and MLAAD take place directly after that. TCB comes next, because it's one thousand years after the original.

Now, many people debate over weather EoT comes before or after TCB. The answer should be glaringly obvious due to information in the above paragraph: TCB takes place only 1000 years after the original. EoT can't take place beforehand, because there's no room for the 'Ancient Civilization' to discover crystal technology, have a prosperous time, then come crashing down, with 2000 years in between the crash and the start of EoT.

I think that the Crystal Technology in TCB is the very technology used by the Ancient Civilization in EoT. The people of TCB are the Ancient Civilization.

So what do you, the people of the FFCC board, think of my theory? Do you have a different one?

*the "~~ ~~" is because SE has neither confirmed nor denied EoT's spot in the timeline yet.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:02 pm
Sounds right to me... but considering I've played all of 30 minutes of EoT, i don't really know.

I loved all the little hints in RoF that showed how it was beforehand. Heck, I never imagined I'd see a non-Lich Rebena Te Ra ever. It's pretty cool, this storyline.

palaven
Captain

Quaint Snowfriend

Odins_Ravens

Dapper Zealot

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:22 pm
I disagree with you on the time line for EoT. TCB had only one yuke. All the others were supposedly killed or died off. EoT had a world full of them. Last time I checked unless its a germ or bacteria one creature can't breed a whole race.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Yuke that couldn't die in the "Ruins" level of EoT is the crystal bearer Yuke in TCB.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:27 pm
RoF. FFCC then CB is canon, that is a fact.

I haven't played EoT much, so I'm unsure of where to place it. I'm not sure if it'd be before or after CC, but it's definately after RoF and before CB.

palaven
Captain

Quaint Snowfriend

Fallacious Wanderer 3155

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:31 am
invaladuser
I disagree with you on the time line for EoT. TCB had only one yuke. All the others were supposedly killed or died off. EoT had a world full of them. Last time I checked unless its a germ or bacteria one creature can't breed a whole race.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Yuke that couldn't die in the "Ruins" level of EoT is the crystal bearer Yuke in TCB.

Who's to say that the Yukes don't come back at the end of TCB? This is a fantasy game, after all.  
The Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games