Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Virtue of the Vicious

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:26 pm
Continuing with the blog sharing:

The Virtue of the Vicious
Posted by Lord Bitememan on August 10th, 2009

As if it weren’t bad enough that Obama has asked Americans to begin reporting disagreements with his health care agenda to flag@whitehouse.gov (can you imagine the outcry on the left if Bush had done this with respect to the Iraq War), now Nancy Pelosi thinks if you show up to a meeting to express your outrage and frustration that you are un-American. If the right went too far with tacit attacks on the patriotism of war dissenters, the left has now made itself no better with respect to the health care debate. It is now clear that the Democrats in Washington are intent on using patriotic rhetoric and Orwellian tactics to push Amsoc down our throats whether we would have it or not, and woe unto he who would dare stand against it. Oscar Wilde made the eponymous assessment of patriotism, it merely took America 8 years to see that both sides could be equal opportunity offenders of this ugliness.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:46 am
Sounds almost hypocritical to call someone un-American due to their political belies... we have a system that's meant for multiple opinions... I never liked Nancy Pelosi!  

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200

Pumona

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:22 pm
Lord Bitememan

As if it weren’t bad enough that Obama has asked Americans to begin reporting disagreements with his health care agenda to flag@whitehouse.gov (can you imagine the outcry on the left if Bush had done this with respect to the Iraq War), now Nancy Pelosi thinks if you show up to a meeting to express your outrage and frustration that you are un-American. If the right went too far with tacit attacks on the patriotism of war dissenters, the left has now made itself no better with respect to the health care debate. It is now clear that the Democrats in Washington are intent on using patriotic rhetoric and Orwellian tactics to push Amsoc down our throats whether we would have it or not, and woe unto he who would dare stand against it. Oscar Wilde made the eponymous assessment of patriotism, it merely took America 8 years to see that both sides could be equal opportunity offenders of this ugliness.

You are right, we never would have heard the end of it if Bush would have done anything close to flag@whitehouse.gov. This is against our rights of freedom of speech.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:24 pm
Lord Bitememan

I am offended! You are reported!
rofl  

Vasilius Konstantinos

Latopazora

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:02 am
ahh... double standard-goodness! I can protest against you, but you can't protest against me. Whatever happened to the "I may disagree with what you say, but I will fight for your right to say it"?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:12 am
Latopazora
ahh... double standard-goodness! I can protest against you, but you can't protest against me. Whatever happened to the "I may disagree with what you say, but I will fight for your right to say it"?

Got to love double-standard. This happens at my work a lot and boy if I hear it I go off on them.  

Pumona

The Republican Guild of Gaia

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff