Safari Zone [Trades OK] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:47 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Welcome to the Safari Zone, a place to observe and enjoy -- and maybe even catch! -- rare wild Pokémon.

Your attention please!

Trades appear to be back to normal. I will resume accepting trades now.

Safari Zone Rules and Regulations

The Pokémon here are specially protected and may not be battled under any circumstances. Battling disrupts their environment and their security. Failure to comply with this regulation may result in your ejection or even banning from this special area.

Admission to the Safari Zone is free! It costs nothing to come in, walk around, observe, and spend time with the Pokémon in their natural habitats.

Should you wish to participate in catching Safari Zone Pokémon, you'll need to purchase our specially designed Safari Balls, available right here.
Safari Ball 5-Pack: 50g

Safari Balls come in packs of 5, and cost 50g per pack. (Send trades to Jishin or dorkus-malorkus.) They are the only Pokéballs authorised for use in the Safari Zone. If you run out while on your safari, you are welcome to purchase more at our concession stand. Profits from the Safari Balls are split equally between the Pokémon Defenders Guild Fund and the staff of the Safari Zone, which helps fund our efforts to bring you more Pokémon.

To catch a Pokémon in the Safari Zone, first enter and purchase your balls, select an area in which to search (see the Safari Zone map below), and roleplay that you are looking for Pokémon. You may see one, two, or even more Pokémon, depending on how skillfully and how quietly you are searching. When you see a Pokémon, you may attempt to lure it closer with food (we recommend Pokéblocks as an excellent food) or otherwise try to relax or surprise it before attempting to catch it with a Safari Ball.

While many of our Pokémon here are friendly and easy to capture, please be aware that some of our rarer Pokémon are skittish, and may run away from you before you can catch them. It's a test of your skill as a trainer (and roleplayer!) to capture the most difficult and shy Pokémon!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:57 pm

The Safari Zone has five areas, and different Pokémon in each area. We change our exhibits from time to time, so you never know what you'll find here!

The areas are each themed, so select your exploration carefully. Search everywhere, and if you've brought a Rod, feel welcome to fish.

Area 1: Light Forest
Pokémon Discovered: Pikachu, Beedrill, Wooper, Venonat

Area 2: Aviary and Bug Garden
Pokémon Discovered: Spearow, Fearow, Heracross

Area 3: Sandy Desert
Pokémon Discovered: Cacnea

Area 4: Poison Swamp
Pokémon Discovered: Bulbasaur, Ekans

Area 5: Peaceful Meadows
Pokémon Discovered: Nidoran (male), Nidoran (female), Ditto

To keep your safari a surprise, we do not list what Pokémon you may find. As people discover Pokémon in each area, they will be posted for all to see!  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:01 pm
After you've captured your Pokémon, you're welcome to keep it or release it back into the zone. At the time of capture, you will be able to check the Pokémon's gender. Your captured Pokémon may also be carrying an item ... they occasionally pick things up that guests leave lying around.

Enjoy your stay in the Safari Zone!

Your Safari Zone Staff is: Jishin and dorkus-malorkus

When the staff is not around, please feel free to stay, chat, and roleplay. Captures and balls will be attended to as soon as the staff is available.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:04 pm
I like this idea! But what Pokémon can you catch? Like from what games? and can we only get Pokémon that are found in the Safari Zone in the games?  

Andy1989

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:05 pm
Andy1989
I like this idea! But what Pokémon can you catch? Like from what games? and can we only get Pokémon that are found in the Safari Zone in the games?

The Pokémon in our exhibits are from all versions of the game, and you can find Pokémon that are not in either the Kanto or Hoenn Safari Zones. However, some of their Safari Zone Pokémon are not in our exhibit.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:10 am
This is a really neat Idea, but I'm still a learner in the ways of RPing. Would we say what Pokemon we found or would we say that there is a huge shadow/small figure/other vague descripion to hint at a Pokemon being there?  

Icysnowgirl

Lonely Gaian

10,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:01 am
Icysnowgirl
This is a really neat Idea, but I'm still a learner in the ways of RPing. Would we say what Pokemon we found or would we say that there is a huge shadow/small figure/other vague descripion to hint at a Pokemon being there?

When you enter the Safari Zone and pick a zone, I will pick what Pokémon you see and post them for you. Some will have more direct descriptions and some will be a bit more mysterious. They're randomly generated, and I have a short list for each zone. Some Pokémon are more rare than others. Of course you can say that you see shadows or hear bushes rustling or whatever .. that's totally fine. (:  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:26 pm
So are we going to go splits on the Safari Zone?  

dorkus-malorkus

Tipsy Humorist

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:30 am
dorkus-malorkus
So are we going to go splits on the Safari Zone?

Of course! Folks, dorkus-malorkus is also staff for the Safari Zone, and you can send him trades and he will help you catch Safari Zone Pokémon as well.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:16 pm
*walks up to the door, but sees it's closed for the weekend* Dang... stressed

I'll come back tomorrow, maybe..... 3nodding

*leaves a note under the door*  

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:18 pm
blah. xp  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:08 am
I'm not going to leave the 'open' sign on -- just come in whenever and we'll get to you ASAP.

Am here now and will be here in and out until 11am Pacific.  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

dorkus-malorkus

Tipsy Humorist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:38 am
I am here too. I wanna see how you do it, though.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:49 am
dorkus-malorkus
I am here too. I wanna see how you do it, though.

Well, why don't you and I do a sample one so that everyone can see how it works? 3nodding  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

dorkus-malorkus

Tipsy Humorist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:53 am
Sounds like a good idea! ^^ I'll.. erm.. buy a pack of Safari Balls then.  
Pokémon Defenders

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff