Reply Japanese language
===problems most people have===please help

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

--amerikajin desu--

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:37 pm
long japanse sentences..they are kina confusing..i have been learning japanese on my own for like 3 years..and i still don get how to link multiple clauses into sentances..i herd of nominalization things like "no and koto" bt still..how would you say like.."i have been learning japanese for about 3 years now".. would it be."watashi wa sannen goto ni nihongo o naratte..? im so confused  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:50 pm
well there are many ways to connect sentences... though I would have to say that the most common would have to be using the "te" form.

As for your sentence, it would be:
私は日本語を三年ごろ勉強しています。

While Narau is "to learn" what you've been doing is "studying" so benkyousuru would be better. Using "teiru" means that the action is still on going and the goro is the "about/ roughly" ... I'm not sure if your "goto" was a typo or not ^^;  

Kiseimaru

6,050 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100

--amerikajin desu--

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:59 pm
Kiseimaru
well there are many ways to connect sentences... though I would have to say that the most common would have to be using the "te" form.

As for your sentence, it would be:
私は日本語を三年ごろ勉強しています。

While Narau is "to learn" what you've been doing is "studying" so benkyousuru would be better. Using "teiru" means that the action is still on going and the goro is the "about/ roughly" ... I'm not sure if your "goto" was a typo or not ^^;

thanks it helpd me..i understood watashi wa nihongo o san nen goro- and thoes 2 kanji after got me..i only know lik 130 and i dont kno thoes 2..wat verb are they? do dey mean benkyoo shiteimasu?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:18 pm
yep ^_^

勉強する - べんきょうする  

Kiseimaru

6,050 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100

--amerikajin desu--

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:45 pm
Kiseimaru
yep ^_^