Welcome to Gaia! ::

Amici Noctis

Back to Guilds

A Guild for fans of the World of Darkness 

Tags: White Wolf, World of Darkness, Vampire the Masquerade, Mage the Ascension, New World of Darkness 

Reply General WoD Discussion
Obligatory "What's your favorite clan / tradition" topic

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Porthos Fitz-Empress

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:01 pm
For me, I'd have to say--

NWoD Vampire -- Mekhet
OWoD Vampire -- Salubri
Mage: the Ascension -- Oh this is a tough one. Technocracy: New World Order
Traditions: Either Verbena or Order of Hermes.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:10 pm
OWoD: Either Gangrel, Cappadocian, or Tzimisce.  

Kaido kalru

Chrome Amaranth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:38 pm
OWoD Vampire -- Malkavian-antitribu, Tremere. Try to play with Nosferatu character is a drem what never come true. =)  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:18 pm
I'm gonna have to go with the Virtual Adepts.  

yamiblade

Berylis
Captain

Nimble Elocutionist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:20 pm
Ahh, the old VA.

Well, you know what they say.

Iteration X is where the VA go when they grow up!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:11 pm
I dig Revenants from oWoD. Plus the Unbondalbe merit I wouldn't be Blood Bonded to anybody. I could easily work for some anarchs defending them during day light whilst they would feed me just enough blood to stay alive. I would like to be a Grimaldi.

But as far as clan goes I like Gangrel or maybe Tremere but if bloodlines would be included TRUE BRUJAH!!!! (time control YAY 4laugh )  

Assan al-Hamzah

2,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100

Cho Wan HalHabbet

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:05 am
V:tM: All Ravnos, all the time. And Giovanni...some Assamite. If the story teller can't fit an Indi then Toreador.

V:tR: The Bohagande. Though I am also partial to the Morbus.

Outside of that my favorite old world characters to play where Kinfolk and Strike Force Zero. Where as new world...umm well there isn't to much I like in the new world. It lacks the richness of the oWoD.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:54 am
Yeah, I am disappointed in NWOD, although I have to say that "Requiem for Rome" is pretty sweet, although one of the creepiest books I have EVER read in my life. They sure know how to do horror!

I also loved the Toreador smile They were originally my favorite clan. Besides, playing an art snob can be fun smile  

Berylis
Captain

Nimble Elocutionist

Cho Wan HalHabbet

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:18 pm
I think alot of people start on the Toreador for their ease of play. Its a character you can pick up and go with and aside from the stereotype they aren't to restricted.

My three fav characters are Toreadors, one was a Sabbat hair dresser that used decapitated heads as practice dummies, one was a social butterfly that collected erotic art, and my favorite was a Cam harpy and writer with several dark secrets who by all accounts should have been Sab.

The nWoD is just one giant disappointment, and outside of the limited run games like Promethean and Geist, I think it needs a reboot. At the Grande Masquerade however White Wolf promised to reveal the future of the World of Darkness. So everyone is waiting with baited breath since most people are sure we're headed for another end of world scenario.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:23 pm
I really enjoyed how they did Gehenna in oWoD, although I was unimpressed by Ari Marmell's novel of the same title.

The sourcebook was pretty interesting, though.  

Berylis
Captain

Nimble Elocutionist

General WoD Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas