Welcome to Gaia! ::

The SpanGlish Guild

Back to Guilds

Aprende Ingles. --//-- Learn spanish!! FIRST BILINGUAL GUILD!!!!!! 

Tags: EspaƱol, Ingles, Contests, Games, Spanish 

Reply School//Escuela
Im learning spanish i want to at least

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gary Fxcking Oak

Newbie Noob

7,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:51 pm
if i could have some help learning that would be most nice of you guyz  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:30 pm
I'm learning Spanish too... I think what really helps me is to learn the basic, necessary words first. That way, I can piece together sentences and use context clues even when I don't really know what some of the words mean. For example, if you can just remember basic words like: he/she, you/I, and and/or, that will help you pick up what the person is talking about. Learn Who, What, Why, Where, When and How. 3nodding

Being submerged in a Spanish environment really helps because then you're exposed often, and that makes you learn automatically; this guild is an example of that. I also have a Spanish dictionary, that tells each word in Spanish and English, and even whether the word is female or male (<- you'll get to that quickly in most lessons.) I watch Youtube videos of Spanish lessons... they're not the best, but at least they're free. When I watch a movie where I'm familiar with the lines, I turn the captioning onto Spanish so I can read while I hear in English. It's like when you were in kindergarten and an adult helped you read a book, pointing out the words while he read out loud.

It all depends on your learning style I guess.

A Menina Pianista

Mitzar

9,750 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:13 am
Lorysa
I'm learning Spanish too... I think what really helps me is to learn the basic, necessary words first. That way, I can piece together sentences and use context clues even when I don't really know what some of the words mean. For example, if you can just remember basic words like: he/she, you/I, and and/or, that will help you pick up what the person is talking about. Learn Who, What, Why, Where, When and How. 3nodding

Being submerged in a Spanish environment really helps because then you're exposed often, and that makes you learn automatically; this guild is an example of that. I also have a Spanish dictionary, that tells each word in Spanish and English, and even whether the word is female or male (<- you'll get to that quickly in most lessons.) I watch Youtube videos of Spanish lessons... they're not the best, but at least they're free. When I watch a movie where I'm familiar with the lines, I turn the captioning onto Spanish so I can read while I hear in English. It's like when you were in kindergarten and an adult helped you read a book, pointing out the words while he read out loud.

It all depends on your learning style I guess.

Lorysa is right.
If you want to start from begining (not only to learn spanish, but any lenguage), better you get some vocabulary (dictionary or even text books), if you get a tutor on line, is more to help/correct/explain than really to give you a long list of word translations.

Any how, i guess you will receive several answers here in the guild, then you can choose the tutor you want.

I can help too, but be aware...I am exigent and hate loosing time (yours or mine), then if you choose me, better you are really interested and you are ready to work on our purpose.  
School//Escuela

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games