Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

silent ruki

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:32 am
What pokemon are you? Take the quiz at http://www.dragonflycave.com/wpay.aspx
Imma mew, check profile.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:58 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I guess I'm a pretty butterfly. sweatdrop  

Bulbasaurr

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:54 pm
I prefer the Facebook quiz, since the ones on the fansites are usually always so middle school-level mature, it's painful for me to get through the questions. I love seeing what kind of Pokémon I am, but when the quizzes are filled with questions like:

"A man trips what do you do?!?!
1. I run around panicking OH NOES!!!
2. I kick him. Because I'm hardcore and hate everyone!
3. Omg I run up to him and try to make him feel better by offering him candy!!!
4. I do nothing because I'm apathetic!"

Or

"What is your favorite item?
1. MY KNIVES!!!! I LOVE POINTY, STABBY THINGS!!!!
2. My fluffy stuffed animals!!! ^ __^
3. I love everything because randomosity is just so cool right?!
4. I don't like anything! Rawr!"

I kinda just want to stab my eyes out. I'm not in middle school anymore; This brand of humor isn't funny anymore.

Rant aside, this was my result for the Facebook quiz:

Quote:
Alexa completed the quiz "Awesome, Non-n00b "What Pokemon Are You?" Quiz" with the result Volbeat.
Type: Bug You are a genius. All else falls to the wayside when it comes to your studies. Mind is most important to you and learning as much as you can and reading as many books as possible is your path to happiness in life. You may not have the best social skills but it doesn't matter because you know the capital of Nebraska and how many casualties there were in the War of 1812. You are going to make a lot of money and have a very comfortable life but you will still hold grudges about being picked on in Middle School and that's what explains the fact that you are a recluse. You have more faith in books than in your fellow man, you've been hurt and you lack trust in many things... You can't think your way out of everything but damn it you'll try! Read on!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:07 pm
Wow
didn't see that coming.....

Venonat Venom

Hygienic Phantom

6,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Bulbasaurr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:19 pm
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
I prefer the Facebook quiz, since the ones on the fansites are usually always so middle school-level mature, it's painful for me to get through the questions. I love seeing what kind of Pokémon I am, but when the quizzes are filled with questions like:

Or

I kinda just want to stab my eyes out. I'm not in middle school anymore; This brand of humor isn't funny anymore.

Quote:
Alexa completed the quiz "Awesome, Non-n00b "What Pokemon Are You?" Quiz" with the result Volbeat.
Type: Bug You are a genius. All else falls to the wayside when it comes to your studies. Mind is most important to you and learning as much as you can and reading as many books as possible is your path to happiness in life. You may not have the best social skills but it doesn't matter because you know the capital of Nebraska and how many casualties there were in the War of 1812. You are going to make a lot of money and have a very comfortable life but you will still hold grudges about being picked on in Middle School and that's what explains the fact that you are a recluse. You have more faith in books than in your fellow man, you've been hurt and you lack trust in many things... You can't think your way out of everything but damn it you'll try! Read on!

gonk Oh my god I feel the same way.

I'm going to try and find that facebook quiz~
It looks more informative than a quiz thought up on the spot by a 12 year old. xD  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:03 pm
[Philosophy In A Teacup]

Or

Quote:

but then again, i couldnt find any other quiz. >.< im not a high-schooler either, for your info.  

silent ruki

silent ruki

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:05 pm
gosh, now i feel so pissed.. crying i wish i knew more about pokemon, it makes me feel left out. *grumbles*  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:34 pm
Bulbasaurr

It looks more informative than a quiz thought up on the spot by a 12 year old. xD

Not too long ago, Lunar Dreaming and I got into this mutual rant over how any "What Pokémon Are You?" quiz we came across had questions written by an idiot pre-teen still caught up on the popular fads/stereotypes. We then swore we would make our own WPRY quiz, and it would be awesome, and logical, and have no mentions of knives, candy, or other stupid s**t like that. It would be directed at the adults of the fandom!

And then we were like, User Image and put it on the back burner. Do you need the link to the Facebook quiz?

@Kakoo: Okay? My rant wasn't any reflection on you, I hope you know, so there's no reason to get defensive and snap at a me. You'd do well to watch your tongue next time and only start throwing the indignant "Well, for your information"s when someone actually insults you.

As for knowing more about Pokémon, just immerse yourself in the franchise. Spend hours reading articles on Bulbapedia that you find interesting; Lurk on several decently-sized forums, such as The PokéCommunity or Serebii Forums. You're in, like, what? Middle school? Haven't been a fan for that long, right? So just absorb information. A lot of us who have seemingly limitless knowledge on anything Pokémon only are that way because we've been in the fandom since the late 90s, so over the ten-plus years we've loved Pokémon, we've gained quite a gem of knowledge on the subject.

tl;dr: In time. Do research, because knowledge doesn't come instantaneously.

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

jason_pendragon

3,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:25 pm
awesome  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:45 pm
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Bulbasaurr

Not too long ago, Lunar Dreaming and I got into this mutual rant over how any "What Pokémon Are You?" quiz we came across had questions written by an idiot pre-teen still caught up on the popular fads/stereotypes. We then swore we would make our own WPRY quiz, and it would be awesome, and logical, and have no mentions of knives, candy, or other stupid s**t like that. It would be directed at the adults of the fandom!

And then we were like, User Image and put it on the back burner. Do you need the link to the Facebook quiz?

@Kakoo: Okay? My rant wasn't any reflection on you, I hope you know, so there's no reason to get defensive and snap at a me. You'd do well to watch your tongue next time and only start throwing the indignant "Well, for your information"s when someone actually insults you.

As for knowing more about Pokémon, just immerse yourself in the franchise. Spend hours reading articles on Bulbapedia that you find interesting; Lurk on several decently-sized forums, such as The PokéCommunity or Serebii Forums. You're in, like, what? Middle school? Haven't been a fan for that long, right? So just absorb information. A lot of us who have seemingly limitless knowledge on anything Pokémon only are that way because we've been in the fandom since the late 90s, so over the ten-plus years we've loved Pokémon, we've gained quite a gem of knowledge on the subject.

tl;dr: In time. Do research, because knowledge doesn't come instantaneously.

sry, i wasnt getting defensive. just felt disappointed in things...
*random subject change*
stupid anime, the manga was better
that was stupid of me..i read your reply too quickly and didnt see what you really meant. about the knives and stuff, i thought you liked. and thought the fansite i recommended didnt reach your requirements or something. actually, you meant the opposite. >.<  

silent ruki

silent ruki

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:50 pm
sry for the separate reply, i dont seem to think this would fit in with my earlier reply.
about that quiz you took, can you send its link to me? i really want to know if the results are the same.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:58 pm
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Bulbasaurr

Lulz, I hunted for the quiz because I was avoiding back to school shopping like the plague. Thanks though~ :3
That would be awesome if you guys came out with a quiz. I won't bug you guys about it though xd A quiz directed at more literate players is definitely something that's needed on the internet though, I'll tell you that. wink I think it's that kind of fandom (the "whole ^__^ desu desu desu") that really gives pokemon players a tarnished reputation. sweatdrop Lord knows I've gotten plenty of slack due to that stereotype. x_x;

@Kakoo - Instead of wallowing on the fact that you have a lack of information, I suggest that you get excited that you lack the information and look forward to learning about the franchise. After all, pokemon is fun, right? wink  

Bulbasaurr

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:33 pm
Bulbasaurr
Lulz, I hunted for the quiz because I was avoiding back to school shopping like the plague. Thanks though~ :3
That would be awesome if you guys came out with a quiz. I won't bug you guys about it though xd A quiz directed at more literate players is definitely something that's needed on the internet though, I'll tell you that. wink I think it's that kind of fandom (the "whole ^__^ desu desu desu") that really gives pokemon players a tarnished reputation. sweatdrop Lord knows I've gotten plenty of slack due to that stereotype. x_x;

@Kakoo - Instead of wallowing on the fact that you have a lack of information, I suggest that you get excited that you lack the information and look forward to learning about the franchise. After all, pokemon is fun, right? wink

Whaaaat. I loved back-to-school shopping! I'm jealous, because kids today get all the cool junk. Back in my day, we only got solid, primary color folders/binders/pencil cases and black backpacks and we liked it! *Shakes her cane.*

Haha, well, we found a good quiz code, but once again User Image Maybe when I'm done typing up the junk for my art contest and need something to do, I'll make something with the Facebook quiz app. Because the Non-N00b Quiz kinda doesn't make sense (how again does being a bitter, distrustful book worm relate to a Volbeat?).

And yes, the KAWAII DESU NE~ ^ 0^ Japanophile stereotype that a lot of kids seem to've adopted doesn't help with the fandom's reputation. But then again, I know of several adult fans in their thirties and beyond who're utterly batshit insane. Seriously sometimes a think our little group here is one of the last bastions of smart, sane fans.

@re: Facebook quiz: HERE is the link to the Facebook quiz, for anyone who wants to take it. BUT BE WARNED, you have to have a Facebook account in order to take it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:07 am
sweet I'm the coolest one ever  

KingCarnageVIII

Ursine Bear

5,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Unleash the Beast 100

silent ruki

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:18 am
Bulbasaurr
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Bulbasaurr

well, that's the problem with me! i just seem less interested in pokemon these days.. (except for the manga) and then when something comes up that interests me, i lack the knowledge rolleyes sweatdrop  
Pokémon Defenders

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff