Welcome to Gaia! ::

◇ Xtreme Skilled Knights ◇

Back to Guilds

An army of many is more powerful than an army of one. 

Tags: everything, anime, poetry, clan, gold, fun, knights, skilled, RP, games, music, advice, vending, webcasts, booty grab, contests, art, music, zOMG, Wii, Xbox, Playstation, PC 

Reply Ancient Library____________-__________Guild Archives
Protect your account from scams

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

R0bot0
Crew

Patriotic Guildsman

9,425 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:14 pm
This is a scam used by many people we call "scammers". To protect our account from getting scammed; just read the instructions below. We will not be merciful to any scammers here either. Anything you want to counter scam, just PM either Joe or Neo, me. This has been a message by XSK.
Enjoy the guild!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

©This is a "Report Maintenance Scanner". 2008 Gaia Interactive, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Attention User,
We are sorry to inform you that your account has been brought to our attention. Your account has been REPORTED and needs to be investigated for further information. Like any other Gaian Administrator, we don’t normally ask for this information but to clear your report we must. You will be asked a few questions to verify that this is your account. Please fill out the information requested. If you do not fill out the information before you log out, the maintenance will not be able to be complete. If you were offline when you received this message, you have been given 15 minutes to reply to this message as of the time you logged in.

Username:

Password:

Confirm Password:

Email:

Date Of Birth: / /

Once your account has been verified that it is free of any faults, your e-mail provider will be notified. We thank you for your co-operation.

Please do not submit PM reports for swearing, attitude, or issues not covered in the Gaia Online ToS. Additionally, please do not submit this form multiple times, abuse this reporting tool, or spam this form with meaningless information. Thank you for your cooperation.

Your sincerely,

-Gaia Administrator and Help & SUpport Team-

©REPORT 423.738.435.889.349
It clearly states in Gaia Online ToS that NO admin will ever ask another gaian for their password.

Spacky wrote:
Instructions on how to not get scammed or hacked.

Introduction: Hello, I'm Joe, but you all may know that by now.
Well, to tell you a little about myself, I'm a ex-hacker. I used to scam and crack other gaia accounts for a couple stupid reasons; either I was bored, or getting greedy. I'm over that childish stuff, and now I'm going to tell you the secrets of scamming and cracking so you don't end up like my past victims.

Instructions:

1. First and foremost, make sure that any site that you go to while your logged into to gaia have "www.gaiaonline.com" in the url. It can have more after that though.

2. Scam messages; like the one you saw above. Pay attention to the user who sens you PM's. If you see one that says this for example: GaiaMod09
Then you will know, it's going to be a pathetic scam. If you do get one, report it, then delete it. If you want to counter scam, PM me, and I will surely teach you.

3. FLP's and FMP's. One of the most deadliest scams on gaia. More than five-thousand people fall for these in a day. But I think gaia mostly blocked them, so no need to worry. But, if you do find one (e.g. Gold Generator, Item Cloner, Ultra Daily Chance, ect.) [u][b]DO NOT[/b][/u] fall for it.

Conclusion:
Follow those simple instructions and you should be fine. Also, have a hard password to type in; the harder it is to guess, the less chance you will get cracked.

[i]~Spacky[/i]

XSK Ambrosia

[Edited by Spacky at 3:11 on August 27, 2009]
[Edited by XSK Ambrosia at 3:46 on August 27, 2009]  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:14 am
It is very important that everyone reads this.  

Spacky

Yunq_Buggs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:38 pm
some one send me this message long time ago i kno it was a trick they did it to alot of ppl and the person who send that to me got banned he scammed lots of ppl with that scam because some ppl dont read their announcements and actualy believe scammers.

i wasn't and isn't dumb enough to fall for failure scams like that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Call Me Mystix Stunna

PS.my opinion is all scammers should be scammed and see how it is to other ppl and also all scammers must be banned and gaia should never allow scammers even if they scam 1 prsn scream  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:25 am
my advice is to click Report This PM, and let Gaia staff know  

Dragon Slayer 2009

Ancient Library____________-__________Guild Archives

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas