Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
How to annoy an atheist. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Celestial Fireflies

Witty Autobiographer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:35 pm
1. Call them unpatriotic, and/or say that we're "one nation under God" or point out that our money says "in God we trust" (for our American atheists).
2. Say that they know God exists, they're just denying it so they can do whatever they want.
3. Accuse them of having no morals.
4. Accuse them of worshiping Satan.
5. Saying "I'll pray for you" in respect to "seeing God" or "accepting Jesus".
6. Tell them that Jesus is there, they're just not listening hard enough.
7. Say, "You can't see air, do you not believe in that?"
8. Say that God is real because the bible says so, then say that the bible is true because God says so.
9. Call a theory like evolution a fairy tale, even though you say that the bible must be taken literally.
10. Say that there are no atheists in foxholes, and on their deathbed they will "see Jesus" and know that they are wrong.
11. Say that atheists must be "lonely", "have no hope", and have "no meaning" in life because they don't believe in either eternal punishment or eternal reward.

I think you get the point. There are a lot of things that probably annoy you guys in regards to what people have to say about you because of your atheism. What do you think about this list? Is there anything that particularly annoys you, and can you guys think of anymore?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:59 pm
We dont get the unpatriotic statements here in canada thankfully. If a christian said i worshipped satan, I'd laugh. I'd laugh at all of them actually. Anything stupid that someone claims with all seriousness will probably piss off a logical thinker or make them giggle.

I've people say that atheists have no emotion, or feel less than those with faith. That pisses me off  

G4NTZ

Colm-kun

2,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:27 pm
I don't really care if they say "I pray for you" as long as it isn't completely sarcastic. If it's sincere as in "good luck" for something trivial I'm just like "Okay... thanks..."  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:35 pm
Quote:
You can't see air, do you not believe in that?

I HATE THAT ONE!

I actually said to this one girl that I was an atheist, and she said
"Thats so sad, how can you not believe in something?"
And I was thinking the oppisite. lol

The Random Rapist

Profitable Prophet

Rey96950

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:48 pm
hehe, well hmmm, my school used to recite excerpts from teh bible, everyone would pray, then i got tired of always watching them do this (never did it) so i asked the teacher why we did this because its a public school, and its unconstitutional to be shoving their religion on us, even though it was dominant, she told me that atheists are un patriotic, and deserve no rights from the constitution...made me realize how stupid people are, thats like flat out bashing Confucius in the face just because it wasnt a part of their religion...we need to show people that atheism is better then there god, and they have to stop being so damn sensitive about it too  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:33 pm
User Image
Rey96950
...they have to stop being so damn sensitive about it too

Agreed. It's always their sensitivity that
shuts their ears to any sort of logic or reason or
any sort of statement (even illogical ones) that
appears or even just seem to contradict with
what they are comfortable with.

User Image

=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:07 pm
I hate it when they threaten me with hell. They're talking to me as if I actually belived mad

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:38 pm
Colm-kun
I don't really care if they say "I pray for you" as long as it isn't completely sarcastic. If it's sincere as in "good luck" for something trivial I'm just like "Okay... thanks..."

I don't mind it if they mean it as a well-meaning thought, but there are people who will say that they'll pray that atheists will "see the light", which does annoy me.  

Celestial Fireflies

Witty Autobiographer

Prince Rilian

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:13 am
It really did annoy me when this person was interviewing me about atheism and then this other person who was there was like, "Except he's not really an atheist. He really does believe in god, he just doesn't know it." wtf?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:33 pm
Rilian Sharp
It really did annoy me when this person was interviewing me about atheism and then this other person who was there was like, "Except he's not really an atheist. He really does believe in god, he just doesn't know it." wtf?

"your just athiest for attention and god is angry with you" -.- i've heard almost every stupid comment that can't be backed up  

Esanx

Perfect Hero

19,825 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Erlea

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:43 pm
Number three way up there is my biggest pet peeve. As if all morals come from "god" and if you don't believe in god you have no morals; as if religion didn't come about as some way for the folks in power to explain why they should be in control and everyone else should do everything for them.

[-Erik-]
I hate it when they threaten me with hell. They're talking to me as if I actually belived mad

This one's actually my favorite. You want me to believe in a god that is going to give no absolutely clear, no question proof of his/her/its existence, but then send me into eternal punishment if I don't believe? I'd rather burn in hell than believe in such a horrible, immoral being. I have better morals than that. biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:34 pm
If an inbred theist b*****d EVER talks down to me about my beliefs I'll punch them in the jaw so they can't say s**t anymore. I don't care if it provokes them or "proves a point", I'd do it just so they'd stay the f**k away.  

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200

Lordress Viper

Beloved Goat

13,075 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:33 pm
One thing that seriously annoys me is when I'm watching Athiest videos and theres ALWAYS a friggin religious ad on the side! wtf?! I hate the pledge of allegiance and that quote on everyones money saying "In God we trust" Wtf do Athiests not count here?? stressed Then the whole "where do you get your morals from??" Religion isn't the only thing that teaches morals! Pfft! I can point out a bunch of things from different religions that are immoral! xp
Quote:
If an inbred theist b*****d EVER talks down to me about my beliefs I'll punch them in the jaw so they can't say s**t anymore. I don't care if it provokes them or "proves a point", I'd do it just so they'd stay the f**k away.

And yeah. I know how you feel man.. I'd like to do that.. But I'm a wimp lol..  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:40 pm
Pixel Mine

10. Say that there are no atheists in foxholes, and on their deathbed they will "see Jesus" and know that they are wrong.

I hate this one. What about Pat Tillman?  

Lethkhar

Takki33

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:41 pm
Rey96950
hehe, well hmmm, my school used to recite excerpts from teh bible, everyone would pray, then i got tired of always watching them do this (never did it) so i asked the teacher why we did this because its a public school, and its unconstitutional to be shoving their religion on us, even though it was dominant, she told me that atheists are un patriotic, and deserve no rights from the constitution...made me realize how stupid people are, thats like flat out bashing Confucius in the face just because it wasnt a part of their religion...we need to show people that atheism is better then there god, and they have to stop being so damn sensitive about it too

These people make me want to through the constitution at them and scream "SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE", that and those pro-lifers that hide behind god. Now I have to disagree that atheism is better as religion helps many people, they just have to be in need of ignorance to live happily.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff