Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Glenn Beck's stance on Obama's "private army"

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SHl NO KAGE

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:47 pm
I happened to see this on television when I entered the room the other day, and immediately became interested.

youtube

Basically what Glenn Beck's "hoping-is-not-the-case" is that Obama is trying to suppress the conservatives within America using his own personal army. Taking into account that common conservatives are now labeled "dangerous extremists", can you really disagree?

Discuss.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:51 am
Shin no Kage
I happened to see this on television when I entered the room the other day, and immediately became interested.

youtube

Basically what Glenn Beck's "hoping-is-not-the-case" is that Obama is making an army to suppress the conservatives within America using his own personal army. Taking into account that common conservatives are now labeled "dangerous extremists", can you really disagree?

Discuss.

That week I started watching Glenn Beck for the first time and now we have been watching almost every day. What he explains on his shows is to question what the Obama administration is doing and what all their connections are. He is the second watched news show on air and yes they are trying to shut them down (also internet). This is not right. Glenn Beck knows what he is talking about and everyone needs to listen. Good Post  

Pumona

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:29 am
The thing Beck seized on is REALLY old news. Lee Cary of the American Thinker back in 2008 responded to it in an article, and it about sums up my view on this:

http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/07/obamas_civilian_national_secur.html

EDIT: Beck also lost me when he insinuated that the Southern Poverty Law Center labeled the Tea Parties as hate groups. They have not, and in fact I've spoken with executive board members of the SPLC. They're actually very fair minded about what they label as hate groups. They do not, for example, label the Minute Men as a hate group, even though the minute men take some fairly drastic action. They do, however, label the Nation of Islam and the New Black Panther Party as hate groups. Now, whether or not it is a dangerous thing that a private organization like SPLC can carry the weight of social stigma like it does is another matter, but they do try to play it close to even keel.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:39 pm
Lord Bitememan

EDIT: Beck also lost me when he insinuated that the Southern Poverty Law Center labeled the Tea Parties as hate groups. They have not, and in fact I've spoken with executive board members of the SPLC. They're actually very fair minded about what they label as hate groups. They do not, for example, label the Minute Men as a hate group, even though the minute men take some fairly drastic action. They do, however, label the Nation of Islam and the New Black Panther Party as hate groups. Now, whether or not it is a dangerous thing that a private organization like SPLC can carry the weight of social stigma like it does is another matter, but they do try to play it close to even keel.

yes, they did call the "Tea Party" a hate group or the tea parties consists of hate groups:
http://www.splcenter.org/news/item.jsp?pid=415
http://www.splcenter.org/news/item.jsp?aid=393  

Latopazora

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:11 pm
It said no such thing in either of those links. They simply said that militia groups are trying to make their presence felt at these events. The SPLC has a map of hate groups across the nation. In not one instance do they list the Tea Party organizations as hate groups. Unless they directly state that a group is a hate group, and neither of the links you provided show such a statement, they don't call it a hate group.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:46 pm
Meh. The SPLC made up a ton of stuff about Klu Klux Klan Kaverns across the country. Why should I trust them to not lie to you Lord Bitememan?

And yes, it was the SPLC that brought up the whole Tim McVey followers in the Tea Parties nationwide, which is a farce.  

Vasilius Konstantinos

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:42 am
Quote:
The SPLC made up a ton of stuff about Klu Klux Klan Kaverns across the country.

They didn't make up the ones in Michigan. There IS a Klan here. I know, I've met them.

Quote:
And yes, it was the SPLC that brought up the whole Tim McVey followers in the Tea Parties nationwide, which is a farce.

They brought it up in the context of their assessment of a rise in the militia movement. They did not call the tea parties themselves a hate organization. Unless they officially designate a group a hate group, they aren't calling it a hate group. They have not officially designated the tea parties as hate groups. They've more said that the hate groups are attending the events. This does not equate to saying the tea parties are hate groups, no more than saying that the children of neo-nazis attending the local public school makes the local public school a hate group.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:47 pm
Michael Savage picked up on this pretty soon after Obama commented upon it during the campaign. Beck may be a on fire these past few weeks, but don't give him all of the credit for looking into these statements...  

Kyoushi_Harahara

8,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Overstocked 200

Pumona

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:00 pm
Kyoushi_Harahara
Michael Savage picked up on this pretty soon after Obama commented upon it during the campaign. Beck may be a on fire these past few weeks, but don't give him all of the credit for looking into these statements...

Nobody is giving Beck all credit. At least he stands for what he believes in and does not back down.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:53 am
Pumona
Kyoushi_Harahara

Nobody is giving Beck all credit. At least he stands for what he believes in and does not back down.

Which isn't necessarily a good thing if what you believe in is retarded.  

DanskiWolf

Pumona

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:32 am
DanskiWolf
Pumona
Kyoushi_Harahara

Which isn't necessarily a good thing if what you believe in is retarded.

DanskiWolf,
So now your calling Beck someone with retarded views. I think someone has an issue with name calling on these posts. Everyone can have their own views but, there is no need to make fun of people or call them names.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:15 am
Beck deserves to be derided. He tries to stir up mass hysteria about Obama being a communist (a ridiculous notion considering he's economically to the Right of European and British conservatives) for no other reason than because he thinks it's neat to paint the president as a far left tyrant. He's disingenuous and intellectually weak. His views deserve to be mocked, but unfortunately many take them seriously.  

DanskiWolf

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:24 am
The thing about Beck is that people are free to ignore him, and they usually do. Occasionally, though, he hits one out of the park. With this latest Van Jones bit, Beck was the one to reveal that Jones had signed a 9/11 truther petition. This would be analogous to a European politician signing a holocaust denial petition. Jones was out by that weekend. The problem is the mainstream media isn't doing it's job investigating people close to Obama. That leaves a huge public diligence vacuum to be filled by men like Beck, and when he DOES score a hit like this it only enhances his credibility. If the media did its job properly voices like Beck's would be back to the fringes of society. The media in the US has a sloppy wet-dream affair with Obama and have treated him with kid gloves. With such an abject breakdown in their objectivity and credibility are you surprised that people like Glenn Beck have gained a following?  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games