Submit

Help maybe?
  Yay
  Nay
  Prime Trilogy ROCKS!!!
View Results

Parkent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:56 pm
I've been having trouble with my copy The Metroid Prime Trilogy.
It only works some of the time.
and then only if my Wii is upside down and laying on its side.
I get a message saying that it is unable to read the disc properly.
Anyone know what is up with my Wii?

(also I just got Wi-fi so I just typed this on my Wii!)  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:25 pm
sounds like your disc reader is shot, if brawl doesn't work either its because your disc reader won't be able to read dual layer discs. i think wayne or someone else in the cult had a problem like that.  

Xilo The Odd

Parkent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:33 pm
Nah, all my other games still work. I got this game on the same day I got a DSi and it turned out the DSi was faulty so I think the chances of getting two faulty products from the same store is highly unlikely, and I figured that it might be my Wii  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:14 am
Actually, if you get a faulty product from one store, it would logically be more likely that the products coming from the same environment may get ******** up the same ay or are from similar ******** up batches.

And anyway, most Wii Games aren't dual layer.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Michi is a cat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:26 am
Parkent
Nah, all my other games still work. I got this game on the same day I got a DSi and it turned out the DSi was faulty so I think the chances of getting two faulty products from the same store is highly unlikely, and I figured that it might be my Wii

I find that leaving a game disc in the Wii when turning off/standby, then turning it back on again and attempting to run the game causes the console to freeze with an error message. Is this what happened to you?

Also, what was up with your DSi?

Edit:

The error message I get roughly translates as "An error has occurred. Please eject the game disc and turn off the console. Please consult the Wii Operations Manual for more information". I think sometimes it also says something about unreadable discs...

Anyhow, because all of your other games work, it's probably the disc's fault. Try getting it replaced?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:48 pm
kakarikosheikah
Parkent

I find that leaving a game disc in the Wii when turning off/standby, then turning it back on again and attempting to run the game causes the console to freeze with an error message. Is this what happened to you?

Also, what was up with your DSi?

Edit:

The error message I get roughly translates as "An error has occurred. Please eject the game disc and turn off the console. Please consult the Wii Operations Manual for more information". I think sometimes it also says something about unreadable discs...

Anyhow, because all of your other games work, it's probably the disc's fault. Try getting it replaced?
i get that message when i try to put in my pirate game discs. >_> not saying his is, but the message is kinda generic.
also i've not got a game to work and i've given up for now.  

Xilo The Odd

Parkent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:06 pm
I got the game replaced and the new copy doesn't work either
so I don't know what to do now

(the DSi I got froze when I got it)  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:09 am
The copy my brother got is doing the same thing..... we plan on getting it peplaced on Tuesday.  

Mukuchina Kurasu

Michi is a cat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:17 am
Maybe they are all from the same batch, so all discs from that batch are malfunctional.  
'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games