Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Fellowship Guild

Back to Guilds

The community that lives within your Final Fantasy dreams. 

Tags: Final, Fantasy, FFFG, Roleplay, Fellowship 

Reply Final Fantasy Fellowship Guild
Dissidia Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iNoScop3d JFK

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:40 pm
haha i played that game...ITS AWSOME...i luv the vioces and battle themes from all the games ^^
post your thoughts here smile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:54 pm
I wish to play it so badly I would give my left arm money. ;~;  

asmuwudeus
Vice Captain

Interstellar Trash

The Bowley Man

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:35 pm
It's the only game that ever made me seriously consider buying the PSP. xD
If I wasn't in need of a new computer, I'd be playing it right now. xD  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:56 am
I love it! Not only just in a Final Fantasy buff way, but also in technical way. The battle system is aweome and always engaging. It's challanging all the way through, yet you also know that you're getting better at it (almost like Super Smash Bro.). The attacks are always based upon the game. When Zidane used steller circle 9, Squall used rensuzuken (wow that was spelled wrong), and Tidus used energy rain, I was like "I know those attacks!"
There are tons of little things that make the game specifically Final Fantasy instead of seeming like a totally out of the way spinoff. There's a shop used to buy equipment and accessories in the classic Final Fantasy sense, as well as a mognet system and a bonus system based on chocobos! Previous characters tell you tips and are totally in character (for example Selphie at one point yells 'Booyaka' in a battle tip, claiming that its new lingo she's trying to spread around).
Story-wise, they're not the over-dramtic complete stories that is Final Fantasy, but are entertaining enough with some of the character interaction that was anticipated (like the running jokes that Tidus is way too cheerful compared to other, and Firion's obession with wild roses which prompts Tidus at one point to call him Rosebud). The stories are slightly short, but with ten characters, plenty of unlocks and accomplisments this game is worth spending hours on.
Finally all characters have voice actors which people like me were waiting on the edge of our seats for. Overall I believe the voices fit the characters pretty well (I was a little skeptical with Zidane's, but he sounds a lot like older Sora which makes sense personality wise). It's interesting to see how some of the names are pronounced, such as Tidus is pronounced Te-dus not Ty-dus which I believe most people thought (it will always be Ty-dus to me though, lol). Most of the scenes are not pre-rendered, but are still detailed in the style of Kingdom Hearts, with bright colors and clearly defined shapes not overcome with environmental detail.
The music is...well the same and different. Most of the music is taken from the previous games and are either re-done in a techno/modern/rythymic/electronic style that in my opinion does justice to some of the older versions as re-makes or re-arranged to sound clearer. The theme of the game "The Messenger" is a total step away from the classic Final Fantasy themes. It's a lot more hardcore sung by the Canadian emo rock/pop band Your Favorite Enemies, that envelopes the atmosphere brought on by Dissidia. The lyrics are beautiful in the poetic Japanese style, yet it is said that there is no direct connection between the lyrics and the game and that it is up to the player's interpretation instead.
Dissidia as a whole is a pretty awesome game and as I type this, I can't wait to get back to it (I'm in the middle of Squall's story).  

Lore_Maester
Crew

3,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Autobiographer 200

Willgamesh

8,050 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:24 pm
I've had the demo downloaded for a longtime and I love playing it..... But sadly I dont have it  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:02 pm
needs moar tifa and rinoa.  

asmuwudeus
Vice Captain

Interstellar Trash

SLJ
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:50 am
lorinator_lionfish
I love it! Not only just in a Final Fantasy buff way, but also in technical way. The battle system is aweome and always engaging. It's challanging all the way through, yet you also know that you're getting better at it (almost like Super Smash Bro.). The attacks are always based upon the game. When Zidane used steller circle 9, Squall used rensuzuken (wow that was spelled wrong), and Tidus used energy rain, I was like "I know those attacks!"
There are tons of little things that make the game specifically Final Fantasy instead of seeming like a totally out of the way spinoff. There's a shop used to buy equipment and accessories in the classic Final Fantasy sense, as well as a mognet system and a bonus system based on chocobos! Previous characters tell you tips and are totally in character (for example Selphie at one point yells 'Booyaka' in a battle tip, claiming that its new lingo she's trying to spread around).
Story-wise, they're not the over-dramtic complete stories that is Final Fantasy, but are entertaining enough with some of the character interaction that was anticipated (like the running jokes that Tidus is way too cheerful compared to other, and Firion's obession with wild roses which prompts Tidus at one point to call him Rosebud). The stories are slightly short, but with ten characters, plenty of unlocks and accomplisments this game is worth spending hours on.
Finally all characters have voice actors which people like me were waiting on the edge of our seats for. Overall I believe the voices fit the characters pretty well (I was a little skeptical with Zidane's, but he sounds a lot like older Sora which makes sense personality wise). It's interesting to see how some of the names are pronounced, such as Tidus is pronounced Te-dus not Ty-dus which I believe most people thought (it will always be Ty-dus to me though, lol). Most of the scenes are not pre-rendered, but are still detailed in the style of Kingdom Hearts, with bright colors and clearly defined shapes not overcome with environmental detail.
The music is...well the same and different. Most of the music is taken from the previous games and are either re-done in a techno/modern/rythymic/electronic style that in my opinion does justice to some of the older versions as re-makes. The theme of the game "The Messenger" is a total step away from the classic Final Fantasy themes. It's a lot more hardcore sung by the Canadian emo rock/pop band Your Favorite Enemies, that envelopes the atmosphere brought on by Dissidia. The lyrics are beautiful in the poetic Japanese style, yet it is said that there is no direct connection between the lyrics and the game and that it is up to the player's interpretation instead.
Dissidia as a whole is a pretty awesome game and as I type this, I can't wait to get back to it (I'm in the middle of Squall's story).

O_O Hot damn. Thanks for such a long and awesome review! >=D You = crew material indeed. twisted Hey, it has multiplayer capabilities right? We're able to link PSPs and battle against each other?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:36 am
SLJ

O_O Hot damn. Thanks for such a long and awesome review! >=D You = crew material indeed. twisted Hey, it has multiplayer capabilities right? We're able to link PSPs and battle against each other?

YES! I haven't gotten to try it out yet cause I've been shunning my PSP (untill Dissidia came out) and thus don't have anybody to play with...(so sad crying ) From what I could tell though, it uses a friend card system in which you create a friend card (complete with little icons of all the characters which you can use as your own) and share it with other people. This is done on an online lobby (sort of like the rooms they use on gaia in which you have to get into a specific one if you wanted to find a friend) where you can find an opponent and switch friend cards if you want to. The really cool thing though is that when your friends aren't there you can play against their "ghost" (a com that is at the same strength and uses a specific behavoir gleamed from the actual person). If someone has been playing against your "ghost" then you get friend rewards. It's pretty exciting looking and I can't wait to actually find someone in one of the online lobbies (lol my internet sucks so that may be the problem).

Oh and thanks for replying positively on my review (and all I really know what to do is write about these games, so I don't know if it is exactly crew material sweatdrop ), I was so sure that people were going to be like...omigosh we only wanted like a sentence on what you thought about the game, if we were looking for a review we would have gotten one from more creditable sources....okay not really but still. Not only do I like the stories of Final Fantasy, but its always intriguing to me the differences that come out through the games technically, so I like to read reviews and what people think.  

Lore_Maester
Crew

3,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Autobiographer 200

SLJ
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:27 am
lorinator_lionfish
SLJ

YES! I haven't gotten to try it out yet cause I've been shunning my PSP (untill Dissidia came out) and thus don't have anybody to play with...(so sad crying ) From what I could tell though, it uses a friend card system in which you create a friend card (complete with little icons of all the characters which you can use as your own) and share it with other people. This is done on an online lobby (sort of like the rooms they use on gaia in which you have to get into a specific one if you wanted to find a friend) where you can find an opponent and switch friend cards if you want to. The really cool thing though is that when your friends aren't there you can play against their "ghost" (a com that is at the same strength and uses a specific behavoir gleamed from the actual person). If someone has been playing against your "ghost" then you get friend rewards. It's pretty exciting looking and I can't wait to actually find someone in one of the online lobbies (lol my internet sucks so that may be the problem).

Oh and thanks for replying positively on my review (and all I really know what to do is write about these games, so I don't know if it is exactly crew material sweatdrop ), I was so sure that people were going to be like...omigosh we only wanted like a sentence on what you thought about the game, if we were looking for a review we would have gotten one from more creditable sources....okay not really but still. Not only do I like the stories of Final Fantasy, but its always intriguing to me the differences that come out through the games technically, so I like to read reviews and what people think.

o_o Thanks for the thorough tell-tale of the multiplayer system... I had no idea you could play it against others on the internet! mrgreen JOY!
And yes, originally we had one person assigned to telling us all about the games as the FFFG's Reporter but I like how you've taken initiative to do it too. 3nodding biggrin I love in depth comments from fellow guildies! ^__^ heart So yes, thank you for that!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:49 pm
DISSIDIA is bomb. I'm on my third day playing in a row and so far I've only gotten four characters stories done. It's harder than you'd think! A good strategy based combat game. And all the characters have different styles of fighting depending on their job class, weapons, and overall personalities. Cloud for example adapts well to all combat, but is slow because of his Buster Sword. Compared to Zidane, Bartz, and Tidus, he has trouble keeping up..But when he lands blows, man does he land them!

And if you're a super fan of the oldies, this brings you back with warm fuzzy memories. Tutorials and icons of your favorite chars appear, and even Mognet is a feature! Mognet! <33

An also fun detail about the game is that it goes according to your gamer skills and your scheduale. On the day you play the most, your Bonus Day, you receive more EXP, AP, and PP based on percentage. So the more you play that particular day, the stronger your stats get!

You can purchase all sorts of things with the points you receive. I haven't even started arcade mode, and I can't WAIT to find someone to synch with and play! It definately takes practice though. Got my butt handed to me plenty of times by Sephy.

It'll be a long game to complete too. The LVL caps get higher and higher the more you play, and there are so many things to unlock you wonder what the hell more there could be to this game..!

It's true, I wish the ladies were more involved in this installment...It would've been SO friggin cool to play as Tifa! But, alas, the heroes must have their moments of glory. They are the protagonists after all.  

CrimsonLupe

CrimsonLupe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:51 pm
Hey lorinator_lionfish! Do you have a fav char to play yet? =]  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:40 am
CrimsonLupe

Definitaly the Onion Knight! I've always been more of a hack and slash offense type player (I'm having so much trouble trying to figure out how to dodge and counter right) so I like speedy characters. I also love his story and personality. Terra's my next fav character with her long-distance moves (which also coincedentaly keeps me from having to dodge and counter wink ) besides she's the only girl on cosmos' side. Which character's your fav CrimsonLupe?  

Lore_Maester
Crew

3,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Autobiographer 200

CrimsonLupe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:40 pm
lorinator_lionfish
CrimsonLupe

Definitaly the Onion Knight! I've always been more of a hack and slash offense type player (I'm having so much trouble trying to figure out how to dodge and counter right) so I like speedy characters. I also love his story and personality. Terra's my next fav character with her long-distance moves (which also coincedentaly keeps me from having to dodge and counter wink ) besides she's the only girl on cosmos' side. Which character's your fav CrimsonLupe?

Onion Knight and Terra are so cute. Terra knows how to beat down! She's always backhanding me like it's nothing! I can't wait to play as them! I'm in the middle of Bartz's story right now. But my fav would definately have to be Zidane. I like his aerial attacks and how fast he moves. He doesn't do much damage but he can evade pretty quickly. Same with Bartz though. I like him too, the Mimic Warrior. I haven't really figured out how to copy attacks like the introduction said he could..but I'm determined to at least copy ONE move before I finish his story. His attacks don't do much at all, but he's quick and agile. I like close combat too, but I prefer speed to the muscle. :]  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:56 pm
it sounds really great i can't wait till i get a psp so i can play it!!  

shiloh-oneechan

Invisible Lunatic

11,950 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nerd 50

Willgamesh

8,050 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:21 am
Hey I got it for my birthday at sept 30th anyone.... Can we play through psp wireless wi-fi? if so then I'll figure out how to play you guys

My favorate is cloud he is now level fifty-something  
Final Fantasy Fellowship Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces