Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Allegro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:24 pm
*shades*  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:50 pm
I'll stay with my Bioware-created Sonic RPGs thank you very much.  

Decavolty

Quotable Player

5,350 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:57 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I used to think this thing was really stupid, but it does make sense. Maybe there won't be new friends tacked on, and maybe they'll try their hardest to back to the basics, but I still worry. Sonic Rushes are good games but they still aren't quite old school Sonic. Then again, no one really seems to remember what made those games great (hint: it's not really the speed). Anyway, they're trying (yet again) to "bring Sonic back to his roots" which is a good thing, but as I said, they set out with this in mind each time. With "Project Needlemouse" (an amusing name) they seem to be really aiming for it"and I'm hopeful, but I do worry. They don't need to bring Sonic back to his roots to make a good Sonic game. You would think that they could realize this better than the joe-schmoes of the gaming industry's "journalism."

Edit: I really want to see some footage or a screenshot or anything. I kept waiting to see something substantial in the trailer, and then it was over. And they say it will be on HD consoles or have HD graphics or something; we all know the Wii isn't HD. I'm hoping it's good and comes to a platform I own. It really should be downloadable.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:08 am
There.

All you miserable, whiny, never-satisfied, Werehog hating, Cream-loving, 16-bit lusting, spit-swallowing, cow-tipping, basement dwelling, toad-eating, pop-punk loving, emerald collecting, rat ********, crap-flingging, blow-up doll banging, cockroach torturing, morbidly obese, nefarious, nihilistic, malevolent, sadistic, malicious ******** are finally getting your 2D Sonic game.

NOW SHUT THE HELL UP.  

Sir Codin

Decavolty

Quotable Player

5,350 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:05 am
Lord of Armageddon
There.

All you miserable, whiny, never-satisfied, Werehog hating, Cream-loving, 16-bit lusting, spit-swallowing, cow-tipping, basement dwelling, toad-eating, pop-punk loving, emerald collecting, rat ********, crap-flingging, blow-up doll banging, cockroach torturing, morbidly obese, nefarious, nihilistic, malevolent, sadistic, malicious ******** are finally getting your 2D Sonic game.

NOW SHUT THE HELL UP.

Someone's bitter.

Although I suppose I see where you're coming from.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:24 am
Decavolty
Lord of Armageddon
There.

NOW SHUT THE HELL UP.

Someone's bitter.

I was half kidding. But I was also half serious.

I'm honestly getting quite tired of the Sonic fanbase constantly bitching everytime a new Sonic game comes out and it doesn't meet their ridiculously high standards.

EDIT: And in all honesty, I think Sega and Sonic Team members are muttering something similar under their breaths at this very moment.  

Sir Codin

The Awkwardest Turtle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:41 am
It's just going to be a remake of the first game.

Calling it now.

I should read articles more thoroughly.

Quote:
The teaser clip's tagline reads "Speed returns, in an all new 2D adventure built from the ground up", with Balough confirming the game will, rather than be a retro-remake, be an all-new game built in HD.

Still not sure I like this idea...  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:53 am
Sonic, that character that whose entire game list I completed, and left me with a bitter taste in my mouth this decade, several, several times, and in more ways than just in his games?

Ah, screw it! They kind of gone the right way last time, so give me one of those "Sucker Tickets" for the "Sonic Cycle Ride". I'm going to enjoy it like all other times.

It's not like you can make a 2D game with an hour long stages, bosses with mandatory "press X not to die", weird requirements to enter the next level in the storyline and lots of pits of doom, right?  

DrQuint

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

Mephisto D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:19 am
This is probably the closest I will get to seeing Sonic 4.

I'm curious to see footage or a screenshot myself.

Quintafeira12
lots of pits of doom, right?

The Wing Fortress of Sonic 2 would like a word with you.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:21 am
Coming through! Resident Sonic f** here! What's going on he- *Reads*

HOLY s**t YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH! WHOOOOOOOOO! HKSDUKGVJHGBJKDVHDGBJKGBDJKBJD YES! PARTY TIME BITCHES! WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!  

Super Cheesio

Mephisto D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:32 am
I'm sure no matter what they do with this game, it will still be better than those shitty Onsic the Porcupine games we've been seeing as of late.

Sonic was never 3D.

Never.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:50 am
Mephisto D
Quintafeira12

Tell her I love her!
Going Super Sonic trough the lower path could actually be harder!

Also, Sky Battery, but oh, to a much lesser extent. Only 2 parts of it really.

The pits of doom that I really hate are those we get to see a lot in Unleashed: You're running extremelly fast trough some city rooftop highway, and suddenly sharp turn to the left. You try to turn, but because you're A) running too fast B)Didn't see it coming C)The turn is just unfairly difficult; instead slide sideways to your doom - Those require much knowledge of the level itself, to know that a death trap is coming along, and few actual platforming skill. The 2D ones usually allow you to see what you need to do not to fall in them, like a path of moving platforms that do compose a challenge fit to the genre.

What am I talking about, I like those too after a while, but they get on my nervers if they come in a row!  

DrQuint

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:55 am
The team at Sega tries to hard to mix things up to avoid the booing of critics. If they keep it the same old same old they'll be yelled at for producing a game which is "formula" and their fans will be like "I can't belive I payed for the same old ******** games!"

And then if you don't make the same old game fans will complain, even if it's good probably, because its not exactly the same.

People are dumb, and sega can no longer make sonic games. It's time to move on.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:53 am
Lord of Armageddon
Decavolty
Lord of Armageddon
There.

NOW SHUT THE HELL UP.

Someone's bitter.

I was half kidding. But I was also half serious.

I'm honestly getting quite tired of the Sonic fanbase constantly bitching everytime a new Sonic game comes out and it doesn't meet their ridiculously high standards.

EDIT: And in all honesty, I think Sega and Sonic Team members are muttering something similar under their breaths at this very moment.

Ridiculously high standards? Is wanting a Sonic game of Super Mario Galaxy caliber ridiculously high? Oh, wait, it is...WELL I'LL b***h ALL I WANT!!!

...Wait, I'm not Sonic fan...I haven't even played a sonic game in years...

Huh.

*Walks away whistling*  

King of Paradise

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:30 am
Mephisto D
This is probably the closest I will get to seeing Sonic 4.

I'm curious to see footage or a screenshot myself.

Quintafeira12

dats an easy level. now the final boss without any rings, thats a challenge!  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff