Reply The Gallery
One month ago today...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mephisto D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:11 am
I've waited to make this thread because I wasn't sure if I should or not, but, I figure since this is a month anniversary, I may as well.

A month ago today, one of my friends from youtube, a person by the username of bpblu passed away tragically. I'm not sure what the cause of death was, but from what I've been told there is a possibility that it was from a car crash or something along those lines.

I first learned of this at the beginning of this month, and I felt horrible about it finding out so late. When I did find out though, I made a tribute video right away. I'll post a link to the video here, as well as his obituary.

Leave the Memories Alone (In Memory of bpblu)

Quote:
HARRINGTON - Brian Christopher Poore, of Harrington, died Aug. 11, 2009. He was 21. He was born in Milford to R. Douglas and Lisa W. Poore of Harrington. Brian was a University of Delaware senior, finishing up his last few classes to obtain a bachelor of science degree in elementary education. Brian enjoyed and excelled in school which started in kindergarten. He was serious and passionate with his school work, but at the same time enjoyed being the class clown and making everyone laugh. His love of little children drove him into his career choice of elementary education. In his spare time, Brian enjoyed interacting on the computer, video games, talking with friends, and music. His love of music extended from Nat King Cole, Louis Armstrong, to Elton John. He will be remembered as a simple and gentle person who never said an unkind word to anybody. He cared about the feelings of others and never made fun of anyone. Everything he did in life, he did with passion and purpose. He was an intense person, if he loved you, he loved you with his whole heart. He looked forward to spending time with his extended family on college breaks. He will be deeply missed by all those whose lives that he had touched. Brian was a member of the St. Stephen's Episcopal Church of Harrington. He was preceded in death by his paternal grandfather, Ralph Poore. In addition to his parents, he is survived by a sister, Vickie Poore of Harrington; paternal grandmother, Viva Poore of Harrington; maternal grandparents, Nelson and Nancy Wyatt of Magnolia; and several aunts, uncles, and cousins. Services will be 1:30 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 16, 2009, at Melvin Funeral Home, 15522 S. DuPont Hwy., Harrington, where a visitation will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 15. Interment will be in Hollywood Cemetery, Harrington.

Leave the memories alone...goodbye my friend.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:31 pm
it sounds like he was a wonderful man and those who knew him must have been blessed.  

Owwin

Mephisto D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:24 pm
Owwin
it sounds like he was a wonderful man and those who knew him must have been blessed.

He was definitely something alright.

He was one of those people, no matter how horrible your day was, he'd put you in a good mood, and that's what would make himself happy.

If you go to his channel and watch his videos, you'd know what I mean. His goal on youtube was making people happy, and he definitely rose to the challenge. It's just a shame that he died too soon.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:13 am
Car crashes take away the most deserving people it seems, and its never their fault half of the time.  

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

Mukuchina Kurasu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:30 am
I really don't know what to say.... I never knew him, but it sounds like he was a great guy.

I decided to take a look at his channel though, did you notice to comment from his father? Seems it wasn't a car accident, he took his own life...

Doug Poore
Hello, my name is Doug Poore, I am Brian Poore's father. I order to help resolve any confusion, he is indeed dead. He died on Aug 11, 2009. He did choose to take his own life. I wish this was a joke or a bad dream, but it is true. I still love my son despite the choice he made. We all make bad choices in life, he cannot take his back. I will not remove any of his videos or shut down his channel. My wife and I thank you all for your thoughts of love and friendship. Please keep him in your hearts, because there he can live forever. To the person that did the tribute video, we loved it very much. Thank you! Take care, and to quote my son "like our friend Sonic, always look for the good ending in life". Doug Poore, poordoug@aol.com"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:44 am
Doug Poore
Hello, my name is Doug Poore, I am Brian Poore's father. I order to help resolve any confusion, he is indeed dead. He died on Aug 11, 2009. He did choose to take his own life. I wish this was a joke or a bad dream, but it is true. I still love my son despite the choice he made. We all make bad choices in life, he cannot take his back. I will not remove any of his videos or shut down his channel. My wife and I thank you all for your thoughts of love and friendship. Please keep him in your hearts, because there he can live forever. To the person that did the tribute video, we loved it very much. Thank you! Take care, and to quote my son "like our friend Sonic, always look for the good ending in life". Doug Poore, poordoug@aol.com"

Now I feel a lot worse.  

Mephisto D

Mukuchina Kurasu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:05 pm
Mephisto D
Doug Poore

Now I feel a lot worse.
Sorry....  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:11 pm
Bongardo
Mephisto D
Doug Poore

Now I feel a lot worse.
Sorry....

It's not your fault.

I just wish I had a chance to talk to him. I feel like if only I had that chance, things could have been different.  

Mephisto D

Owwin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:05 pm
Mephisto D
It's not your fault.

I just wish I had a chance to talk to him. I feel like if only I had that chance, things could have been different.
There is nothing you could have done. When a person doesn't want to live anymore there is nothing you can do. That is a hard lesson that I had to learn, but it is an important one.  
The Gallery

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games