Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Hippie Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild promoting peace, love and music. 

Tags: Hippie, Flower Child, Peace, Love, Music 

Reply The Gaian Hippie Guild
manic depression/bipolar disorder natural remedies? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Teh Ushi-ness

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:09 am
i know that someone already posted a topic about natural remedies.
but i'm just interested on one particular issue.
any help would be absolutely fantastic.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:26 am
I have no idea where these are. I know what depression and bipolar mean, but not manic depression or bipolar natural, lol.  

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Teh Ushi-ness

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:32 pm
manic depression is the same thing as bipolar disorder.
it's just the original name for it, but it's not used as much now.
i didn't mean bipolar natural,
i just meant natural remedies for bipolar disorder.
:]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:58 pm
Incense is all I can really tell ya might work. Try lighting incensed candles, plain incense. And if you start to get haunted, don't blame me, lmao.  

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Captain Fagbox

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:48 pm
User Image

Incense + Ravi Shankar's Music = Natural High = Peaceful.

makes everything better.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:38 pm
I want to buy some incense. My mom doesn't care because she knows I don't smoke weed, but, if my dad found my them and smelled it, he would literally kill me cause he might think I smoke weed, lmao.  

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Hatheos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:12 pm
Manic depression is the outdated term for bipolar. I don't think natural means are very effective. I know the cure are mood-stabilizing drugs for good for depressive episodes. Major depression in a depressive episode is caused by an inbalance of chemicals. The only way to counter-act this is the use of chemicals (drugs). During manic phases, why treat it? You can get so much more creative and productive during those periods.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:14 pm
Oh, and usually you have to be 18 years of age or older before they can make a diagnosis for bipolar. It's normal for teens to go through ups and downs due to raging hormones. I myself am 20 years old and go through depressive periods but I have my fair share of "good" days. I just find it stressfull that the depression is so umpredictable, it can come out of nowhere and just rocks the boat.  

Hatheos
Vice Captain

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:21 pm
It happens to me too Astaru. You know I'm young, I'm pretty sure everyone here does by now, haha. But, when I go through those depressive days, I just try to work them off at football practice and try to act how I normally do.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:31 pm
Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00
It happens to me too Astaru. You know I'm young, I'm pretty sure everyone here does by now, haha. But, when I go through those depressive days, I just try to work them off at football practice and try to act how I normally do.
It's just being a teenage dude, which is normal for you. Bipolar depression can't be taken care of too easily. Feeling hopeless, empty, despair, and suicidal thoughts are just a few examples of what someone with a depressive episode of bipolar are going through. If any of you honestly think you are bipolar, you may have to wait awhile before it can be diagnosed. Symptoms of bipolar disorder are also similiar to other personality and mood disorders such as Borderline Personality Disorder. In order for a proper diagnosis, you would have to atleast be 18 years of age. Raging hormones during adolescence makes it very difficult to diagnose many disorders.  

Hatheos
Vice Captain

Teh Ushi-ness

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:19 am
yeah i didn't think there could really be anything truly helpful.
but it was worth asking.
mood stabilizers are highly effective,
but they make you uhh grey... i don't know how to explain it.

well manic phases can actually be really dangerous.
they feel hella good but you feel invincible and such.
you're incredibly impulsive and do risky things.
psychosis sometimes manifests as well.

you don't have to be eighteen to be diagnosed with a mood disorder.
that's usually only the case for certain personality disorders.
but i deffinately see your side of that.

i wish there was something else though,
other than medications. bleh.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:17 pm
My personality is straight up laid back, lol. Nothing to cure that, thanks God.  

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Teh Ushi-ness

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:55 pm
people like that are nice to be around.
C:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:36 pm
Yeah, I get that from people a lot at my school that I meet and s**t. But some people abosolutely hate me because I'm laid back and don't care about what people think me because they're the type of people who can't be like that.  

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

dearest clyde

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:06 am
i've done a little bit of research for you.

Things I Have Tried by: Anonymous

Mania: To help alleviate stress, and prevent inappropriate reactions, I pretty much took the same herbs used to help with sleep. Valerian root seemed to have mild sedentary affects that helped me get through the day. Melatonin
was a great supplement to help me sleep at night. 3mg time-released melatonins are best.

Depression: 5-htp and St. John's Wort worked the best for my depression. Just make sure you wean off if you start racing high again.

Herbal Remedies for BiPolar Disorder by: Anonymous

Try eliminating all chemical preservatives, colors, etc in foods. Eliminate sugar and processed foods, alcohol. Lots of fruits and veggies, and most important, amino acids (from which the brain neurotransmitters are made)

Also, support the thyroid with iodine, as in sea vegetables (kelp, dulce) and zinc may help.

SOURCE

& here are a few more sites.

The Gaian Hippie Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas