Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Strip Search Video Scandal! o.0!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darek Khort

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:32 pm
Strip Search Video Scandal

No, it isn't a video. Yes, it is a news article.
You guys might've already read this or heard of it on your news today, but I'll put it up here for those who haven't.

It basically talks about how somebody had used a video mobile to record what one female Malaysian officer told a Chinese women to do in the strip search.

stare

I don't think this is just a single case...and it probably doesn't end at Malaysia either.

For some reason...I guess I'm lucky to be a guy. >.>;;
But...those types of things are just...sick.
confused  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:46 pm
I heard about this a few days ago.. it's terrible. The Malay people in Malaysia look down and discriminate against the Chinese Malaysian population so much.. apparently the attitude of the police is that any young Chinese girl traveling alone in Malaysia is a prostitute.. and the Chinese Malaysians living there are also treated badly..

..why isn't the Chinese gov't doing anything about this?  

Niphredil Ithilmir

yalie5

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:48 pm
Niphredil Ithilmir
I heard about this a few days ago.. it's terrible. The Malay people in Malaysia look down and discriminate against the Chinese Malaysian population so much.. apparently the attitude of the police is that any young Chinese girl traveling alone in Malaysia is a prostitute.. and the Chinese Malaysians living there are also treated badly..

..why isn't the Chinese gov't doing anything about this?
wtf? I never realized how sheltered I was until I came to this guild. i can't beleive they'd think that! it's a little outrageous.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:28 pm
It's not that surprising in my opinion. This sort of stuff happens all over the world. One example would be what white police did to blacks in south africa during apartheid. See what I mean?

Wherever you find minorities I'll bet there are rascist police who enjoy discriminating against those who are of a different ethnicity. It's just the way things are and I doubt there's a lot that China could do seeing as it's happening on foreign land.  

Tokioka

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:34 pm
-ish on the phone-
Yesh? Mickey? I'm gonna need more howlers.
But seriously...
Side note biggrin arek-san, did you do that pic in your sig? You are very talented. -nods-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:04 pm
I read in the article you posted that Malaysian authorities are desperate to cover up the all situation so that the entire truth does not come out. Otherwise, China could be seriously pissed off. You know how much power China holds now.  

Minielf

Darek Khort

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:07 pm
@Minielf - Yes. ^^;; And with booming China, Malaysia doesn't want to be left out when it comes to trade negotiations with them.

God. I mean, with Abu Graib, then some British thing, then the prison chamber thingy in Iraq just recently found, and now this.
I wonder just what reality is like in the world. All the facades, all the cover-ups.
=-=

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:29 pm
Darek Khort
@Minielf - Yes. ^^;; And with booming China, Malaysia doesn't want to be left out when it comes to trade negotiations with them.

God. I mean, with Abu Graib, then some British thing, then the prison chamber thingy in Iraq just recently found, and now this.
I wonder just what reality is like in the world. All the facades, all the cover-ups.
=-=

I don't know what to beleive any more. My entire veiw of the world has been compromised. What else is the gov't hiding from us? gonk
on lighter note...
so did you draw it or not Darek? I must know... if you did you're better than I am. XP  

yalie5

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff