Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
What religion do you respect the most? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What religion do you rspect the most?
  Christianity
  Jewdeism
  Islam
  Buhdism
  Scientology
  Hinduism
  other
View Results

Piroki-chan23

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:55 pm
I may not believe in a God(s) but I respect the Jewish people. Through out history, they have had it really bad. The Holocaust, general racism towards them, they where blamed for Jesus' death, and in the Middle Ages, people tried to blame them for the black plague! Yet they remain.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:00 pm
Haha.
I do agree with you on that part.
Except for the fact that my ex-girlfriend was Jewish, which now makes me hate and stereotype the entire Jewish community as being dirty cunts.
>_>; Kidding.

I respect Buddhism, also. The only 100% completely peaceful religion, where their only goal in life is to be free from personal qualms. They don't shove their religion in your throat, and they respect personal boundaries. They respect pretty much everything about everyone.

EDIT: Yeah. ******** Scientology.  

zen traveler

Dabbler

GuillotineGirl

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:34 pm
I respect Hinduism the most because they have to remember all of those Gods. 3nodding They have about a bajillion of them. But I think some of them just know the 3 main Gods. Slackers. stare I forgot the names of them at the moment, though... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:56 pm
I probably respect Buddhism the most, and it would be my first choice if I had to convert to any religion at a moment's notice.

By the way, I'm a bit behind on what exactly Scientology is, but do I keep seeing people saying "******** Scientology"? Sorry if the question's stupid or anything sweatdrop  

In Search of a Dream

LimeIzMyFaveColor

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:46 pm
i respect buddhism because it's more philosophical and they're more peaceful  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:50 pm
Kyoko364
I probably respect Buddhism the most, and it would be my first choice if I had to convert to any religion at a moment's notice.

By the way, I'm a bit behind on what exactly Scientology is, but do I keep seeing people saying "******** Scientology"? Sorry if the question's stupid or anything sweatdrop
I don't know, do you?  

zen traveler

Dabbler

In Search of a Dream

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:54 pm
Ugh. My bad.
I meant to ask why I kept seeing people making fun of Scientology. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:32 pm
Various reasons. Activities that strike others as "cult-like," and apparent abuse and inconsideration for those who follow it. Not to mention that it acts more like a corporation then a religion.

If you seriously want to know about Scientology and it's wrongs, I can write you an 8 paragraph essay. I could go on for hours.  

zen traveler

Dabbler

StevenStBlaize

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:57 pm
Has Buddhism ever initiated any kind of aggression towards... anyone, ever? I don't think so...  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:27 pm
I respect Taoism the most. They reject all personified deities, and are basically Atheism for spiritual people, or agnosticism without the god.  

The Singular Enigma

Tragic Orgy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:18 am
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. " -Buddha

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I wish I was that disciplined. Mad respect.

Buddhism, hands down. And then my next would probably be Hinduism and Judaism (I like 'em kosher redface ).  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:07 am
The Singular Enigma
I respect Taoism the most. They reject all personified deities, and are basically Atheism for spiritual people, or agnosticism without the god.
Well said.

And Tragic Orgy, that photo is mindblowing.  

StevenStBlaize

Raticiel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:29 am
I know most of people here might destroy me for that, because the religion I actually respect most is christianity. Most probably because of my childhood which was affected with it a lot, and because of the fact I know many christians that are really good people. However "christianity" doesn't mean "church", which is the one I, well, don't like at all. XP  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:38 am
Raticiel
I know most of people here might destroy me for that, because the religion I actually respect most is christianity. Most probably because of my childhood which was affected with it a lot, and because of the fact I know many christians that are really good people. However "christianity" doesn't mean "church", which is the one I, well, don't like at all. XP
There are good people in every religion, but there are many bad people as well. It's a matter of judging how many people are bad because they believe they are doing the right thing based on the guidelines of their religion.  

StevenStBlaize

ThisAccountIsDeadIgnore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:02 am
I strongly respect Buddhism and Judaism, but my strongest respect is for Neo-Pagans, for reasons I'm too sick and tired (literally, I have a cold, and I'm really tired) to go into.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff