Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Creation Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ayumila

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:27 pm
"Creation" is the new a new film set to hit cinema in late September and this is where I am glad to say I am British and not American as personally, I can't wait till it comes out.
I which I could say I was surprised that the US have decided not to show this film in cinemas but I'm really not.
God-damn religious Americans.

The theory of Evolution and Atheism as a whole deserves to be recognised as a REAL belief and should be taught in schools as everyone is entitled to make up their own mind and not just follow the one religion which their parents have passed to them, making them either too afraid or too ignorant to stand up and say "I do not believe in God!".

Or am I the only one who thinks this? ^_^

P.S. - RICHARD DAWKINS FTW!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:09 pm
I find myself wishing more and more that I was british.
Im sad to be an american. cry  

Kidrahs

pure seyelance

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:30 pm
i want to see tim burtons '9'  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:09 pm
...Huh. Anyone know where an American like me could view the film without having to leave the country on short notice?  

Keliling

Mrithyu

7,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:59 pm
Kidrahs
I find myself wishing more and more that I was british.
Im sad to be an american. cry

I know what you mean...well I would be happy with German too  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:37 am
PS I don't think Atheism should be viewed as a "belief" lol
Oh and yeah being in America can suck...  

D i v i n i t y

Tipsy Prophet

7,075 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Millionaire 200

Ayumila

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:01 am
D i v i n i t y
PS I don't think Atheism should be viewed as a "belief" lol

Haha, yeah but I couldn't think of another word to use =)  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:51 pm
damn americans its not okay to show movie a movie about atheism in theaters but its okay to make us sing songs about god in our elementary school choir WTF  

dl1371

Raticiel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:09 pm
I'm really shocked! I thought America was supposed to be a super-duper land of freedom and such stuff. Am I wrong? I mean what's with all those forbidden movies? Here I can at least go on off-movie show to watch something that isn't shown in commercial cinemas... Please explain this to me, I've never been in America and I'm just wondering... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:36 pm
Raticiel
I'm really shocked! I thought America was supposed to be a super-duper land of freedom and such stuff. Am I wrong? I mean what's with all those forbidden movies? Here I can at least go on off-movie show to watch something that isn't shown in commercial cinemas... Please explain this to me, I've never been in America and I'm just wondering... sweatdrop

It doesn't really matter if you want a movie to be shown, as long as the people owning the cinemas refuse to show it, they will not show it.  

Revolutionary Justice

4,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Statustician 100

Kidrahs

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:49 pm
Raticiel

Well, thats america for you, the land of oxymorons.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:55 pm
Can you limit your hurtful words to the religious majority of America so us American Atheists can not feel somewhat attacked by you bashing our country?  

IVIalice

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Captain_Shinzo

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:57 pm
Kidrahs
Raticiel

Well, thats america for you, the land of oxymorons.

The motto is
" America, the home of the free as long as we like it. "
Pretty much, they rule America so they choose what they want to do.
I find it stupid that our country is actually favoring a religion over all the others. What does that say for the rest of us?
Jesus, I find America to be the largest hypocrite ever.
The only reason we are here right now is because we tricked McIntosh, the Indian Chief, into giving us lands for a measly amount of money that couldn't even get them all some houses.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:59 pm
IVIalice
Can you limit your hurtful words to the religious majority of America so us American Atheists can not feel somewhat attacked by you bashing our country?

And also, do not worry. People here just like to speak freely of their ideas. Don't take it personally. It is just that alot of us don't trust how our country is.
Especially me.
* Damn government making marijuana illegal. =____= *

Captain_Shinzo

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

IVIalice

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:15 pm
Yeah, I guess I should get used to this sorta thing since I am just a minority here in America. Maybe one day that'll change.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff