Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
it was sssooo degradingggg Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do you think that they were morons for asking????
  yesh i do!!!
  sorta
  no not really
View Results

my warpaint is sharpie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:32 pm
burning_eyes today in my 1st period we stumbled on the subject of hunting. a friend of mine said they were going deer hunting as soon as they could. i asked them why they would harm an innocent animal for recreation and they said "in the bible it says god made animals for humans to eat... i mean they dont even have souls". then i dropped the "a bomb" and told them i was aitheist. they had the nerve to ask if that meant i worshiped the devil !!! i mean honestly!!!!!! why would they think that????? burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:46 pm
wow, they are just assholes! but then again most people who go hunting are so I guess there can't be a big surprise there...  

Mrithyu

7,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Mark Twain 100

Captain_Shinzo

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:12 pm
__Random_Stars__456
burning_eyes today in my 1st period we stumbled on the subject of hunting. a friend of mine said they were going deer hunting as soon as they could. i asked them why they would harm an innocent animal for recreation and they said "in the bible it says god made animals for humans to eat... i mean they dont even have souls". then i dropped the "a bomb" and told them i was aitheist. they had the nerve to ask if that meant i worshiped the devil !!! i mean honestly!!!!!! why would they think that????? burning_eyes

People these days, that believe in Christianity, don't even follow the rules properly.
Most Christians are close-minded people who think their religion is superior and say " F*ck you! " to all other religions.
You shouldn't blame them though, they learn from what their parents know, anyways.
The point I am making is that most Christians wont believe in other religions or consider it and will show this in the most obnoxious way as possible.
Some think that if you don't believe in God, you believe in Satan which doesn't make sense considering the devil was an angel.
They even got the concept of a Satanist wrong.
Not all of them worship Satan.

=.= Close-minded bastards. But you aren't alone. I deal with a problem like this, too. AND I am made fun of because of this.
( I mean was considering it was during Middle School. )
I'm not asking for them to believe my ideals, I'm asking them to stay the ******** away from my house if they can't have the decency to respect my beliefs.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:15 pm
( P.S. Someone who used that line for hunting is retarded. Man was given animals to eat yet they turned it into a sport?
This is just the ideas of me if I WERE Christian. I think it is a Fable.

Fable: Fictional story with, usually, the sense of personification. Usually with animals.
I say this because God is a Bobcat Ocelot. )

( P.S.S. Only the people who have played and beaten Metal Gear Solid 3 and listened after the credits would know what I am talking about. )

Captain_Shinzo

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Prince Rilian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Well, according to christians the devil is an angel, so you should be like no retard I don't believe in your god so why would I believe in stupid stories about your god and his stupid angels.

Someone once told me I actually did believe in god but just didn't know it. That was annoying.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:07 pm
I find it funny how some Christians will mix their idea of " saving " you and " harassing " you.  

Captain_Shinzo

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Marx Gant

Hilarious Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:14 pm
Capt'n Shinzo has a point; Most people in the world are Christians and think that anyone that who doesn't worship a god is Satanic. They just don't know the meaning of the word "atheism" and "freethinking".

Never date a Jehovah's Witness.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:18 pm
o.o Did you tell them yes?
I would have...

brainnsoup

Dapper Shapeshifter

Arios V

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:43 pm
Ok first off, that's a pretty poor excuse to defend hunting

Secondly, I agree with Cap'n Shinzo here, I've always found it funny that many Christians tend to be very close minded and think that if you don't worship God you are automatically in league with Satan.

Also, bit of trivia:

Lucifer actually means "Light-Bearer" in Latin. Many Christians I know have no idea what Lucifer means nor do they seem to accept it when I tell them...for some reason.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:50 pm
Arios V

Secondly, I agree with Cap'n Shinzo here, I've always found it funny that many Christians tend to be very close minded and think that if you don't worship God you are automatically in league with Satan.

Also, bit of trivia:

Lucifer actually means "Light-Bearer" in Latin. Many Christians I know have no idea what Lucifer means nor do they seem to accept it when I tell them...for some reason.

Language has been modified as much as the bible so I wouldn't be surprised. The truth is that if a war was against Atheist and Christians, Christians would win most likely because they can ALWAYS pull some kind of s**t out their a** to support their topic considering, since the work of religion is pretty much a fictional story book, they can say whatever they want.
The idea that God lived forever was disproved by many, though, and God was disproved by Stephen Hawkings.
>: D Take that ya close minded bastards! We got a handicap on our side!

Fact: Most people in the guild who have read my posts lately have said they agree with me. :3

Captain_Shinzo

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Mrithyu

7,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:06 pm
Captain_Shinzo
Arios V

Also, bit of trivia:

Language has been modified as much as the bible so I wouldn't be surprised. The truth is that if a war was against Atheist and Christians, Christians would win most likely because they can ALWAYS pull some kind of s**t out their a** to support their topic considering, since the work of religion is pretty much a fictional story book, they can say whatever they want.
The idea that God lived forever was disproved by many, though, and God was disproved by Stephen Hawkings.

Fact: Most people in the guild who have read my posts lately have said they agree with me. :3

@Arios V: I know I was honestly surprised by how very few people realized this...
@Captain Shinzo: I agree 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:11 pm
Mrithyu
Captain_Shinzo
Arios V

Also, bit of trivia:

@Arios V: I know I was honestly surprised by how very few people realized this...
@Captain Shinzo: I agree 3nodding

XD Fact is slowly being proven.  

Captain_Shinzo

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Raticiel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:23 am
That hunting-enthusiast doesn't seem to know the bible too much. There's nothing about animals being created for people to eat, that's just a mayor bullshit. It states clearly: people are supposed to rule and take care of the world around.

Actually when I think about people excusing their stupid acts with religion it makes me feel sick xp stare  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:36 am
Let me start by saying that I personally do not hunt, nor would I ever.

However, I am okay with others hunting, IF they do it for these reasons:

1) Eat what you kill. You just can't buy squirrel and bear in the grocery store. Or wild turkey. How else can you get it?

2) In some cases, hunting seasons are necessary. Many natural predators for the animals being hunted no longer exist, or don't exist in the numbers required to control a given population. Without some hunting seasons (e.g. alligator season in FL), the population would grow until it overused its resources, and then crash catastrophically. Hunters are basically taking the place of former natural predators.

3) The economy. Let's face it, there's money in hunting, and as long as the first 2 rules are met, it's nice to have another industry going.

Now, as for the Satan worship thing... That is dumb. I'm sorry you had to face that.  

alteregoivy

=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:57 pm
User Image

Just shows what kind of stereotype is thrown
upon atheism.

Next time you see them, run. Stupidity is contagious.

User Image

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces