Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Pledge of Allegiance Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LimeIzMyFaveColor

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:21 pm
The good old pledge that the school makes you stand up to say ...
Before I would say the whole thing w/o the "Under God" part
now I say it with "Under Canada"
Because geographically the US is under Canada lol

what do you do/say during the pledge
or do you not say it?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:32 pm
We barely did it in my old school, like once a month and I'd sleep through it.  

Requiem of the Exodus

In Search of a Dream

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:43 pm
I don't do it because I don't go to an American school.
There was this one year where I did go to one and we said the Pledge of Allegiance everyday, but I never bothered to recite it.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:19 pm
The schools I went to are extremely patriotic and make sure you sing it.
I kinda sung it but replaced " God " with " Satan " considering America is pretty much one hypocritical sin.

Captain_Shinzo

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Mrithyu

7,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:51 pm
We say it, but I just stand there with my arms crossed (then we say the Texas pledge xp it's basically the same thing with the words flipped and Texas thrown in there)  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:14 pm
Ever since discovering our pledge of allegiance isn't the ORIGINAL one, I've been saying how it was written before they added the word god to it...due to the whole 'red scare' crap.

Labtech Soosh

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100

brainnsoup

Dapper Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:57 pm
It wasn't a big deal in my high school.
Sometimes I would stand for the pledge.
But if I was busy with something else at the moment I usually wouldn't even do that.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:42 pm
Pirate Captain Sushi
Ever since discovering our pledge of allegiance isn't the ORIGINAL one, I've been saying how it was written before they added the word god to it...due to the whole 'red scare' crap.

That is exactly what I do, the principal kinda says the "under god" pledge and people just stand around with their hand over their hearts, so I kinda have to say my own pledge while the stupid one is done.. I tried just sitting down and not saying it but apparently that gets more trouble then just saying the original..  

IVIalice

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

imderanged

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:17 pm
When I was in school, I didn't want to stand for the pledge, and the other STUDENT got upset and called me a "commie". Then the teach told me to "stop making waves".  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:12 pm
imderanged
When I was in school, I didn't want to stand for the pledge, and the other STUDENT got upset and called me a "commie". Then the teach told me to "stop making waves".
And I thought my country was so damn patriotic and anti-communist... xd  

Raticiel

Artto

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:55 am
I've never liked the whole pledge thing. There's something so totalitarian about making children basically bow down before the flag. Maybe they added "under God" because they were ashamed of worshipping false idols.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:08 am
imderanged
Hmm...
I wonder what would happen then if you very audibly ended the pledge with "under Gods".

brainnsoup

Dapper Shapeshifter

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:32 am
I live in Mexico, and luckily down here we don't butt gods into everything.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:51 am
Artto
I've never liked the whole pledge thing. There's something so totalitarian about making children basically bow down before the flag. Maybe they added "under God" because they were ashamed of worshipping false idols.

The Red Scare.

Reagan and the government were trying to scare their own people into hating communism and Russia (which lead to the McCarthy trials), it succeeded and yet we still have people today that hate communists.
To 'increase political support' (WINK), Reagan inserted 'under god' into our pledge and 'in god we trust' on our money.

I believe someone in this very guild told me this.
3nodding

Labtech Soosh

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100

LimeIzMyFaveColor

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:04 pm
Pirate Captain Sushi
Artto

The Red Scare.

Reagan and the government were trying to scare their own people into hating communism and Russia (which lead to the McCarthy trials), it succeeded and yet we still have people today that hate communists.
To 'increase political support' (WINK), Reagan inserted 'under god' into our pledge and 'in god we trust' on our money.

I believe someone in this very guild told me this.
3nodding

damn Reagan  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas