Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Clash of the cultures :: China vs. America XD Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TinyChinaDoll

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:21 pm
I haven't posted here for awhile, but I just have to do it after what just happened!!

My grandma came to stay with us from Shanghai. She's a very sweet, very quiet and gentle (and somewhat senile) old lady.

Chinese yummies, if you haven't tried them before, are usually filled with lots of good things, like red bean paste, various cookie doughs, and flavorings. Never too sugary. But apparantly, they can be meaty:: we're horrified, because my grandma mistook Maximus's dog treats for cute bone-shaped cookies, and has eaten the last four dog biscuits cry .

Poor Maxi.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:26 pm
TinyChinaDoll
I haven't posted here for awhile, but I just have to do it after what just happened!!

My grandma came to stay with us from Shanghai. She's a very sweet, very quiet and gentle (and somewhat senile) old lady.

Chinese yummies, if you haven't tried them before, are usually filled with lots of good things, like red bean paste, various cookie doughs, and flavorings. Never too sugary. But apparantly, they can be meaty:: we're horrified, because my grandma mistook Maximus's dog treats for cute bone-shaped cookies, and has eaten the last four dog biscuits cry .

Poor Maxi.

rofl you're kidding! that's hilarious... well not for maximus and possible not for your grandmother... which reminds me, one time i was at my friends house for a pool party, and one of the guest, he started eating her dog's beggin' strips, the dog treat. and he was definitely not senile... i think lol rofl  

yalie5

TinyChinaDoll

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:52 pm
XD XD XD

That's AWESOME. At least my Grandma didn't care when she found out. .__.'

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:50 pm
Ah a fellow Shanghainese. smile LoL, I find that story rather humorous... I'm glad your Grandmother is taking it in stride. I know I wouldn't. sweatdrop xd  

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200

Minielf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:41 am
Isn't it funny that young babies and old people tend to mistake dog food for human food and eat it all the time? blaugh  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:21 am
tamcharles
Ah a fellow Shanghainese. smile LoL, I find that story rather humorous... I'm glad your Grandmother is taking it in stride. I know I wouldn't. sweatdrop xd

Yey :: I was born in Shanghai ^^. Have you ever returned? It's very commercial and fun : like New York, with more conservative, sensible stores.

DX I have duel citizenship, and I want to keep it. But then, my cousin tried that... and when he turned 18, he got enlisted into the chinese army XD.

Needless to say, he's not duel anymore. XD

TinyChinaDoll

wiim
Crew

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:20 am
Eating dog biscuits is a clash of culture? lol Hahaha....!

Anyway, about your dual citizenship, does China draft women into their army as well?? If not, I guess you can keep both of them.
ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:30 am
I've got dual nationality! Chinese & British ^^

Hilarious story~ I'd be completely freaked if I did that.. >.<

I loved Shanghai when I went this summer ^^ the shops.. the huge Jin Mao tower.. heart  

Niphredil Ithilmir

TinyChinaDoll

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:02 pm
Niphredil Ithilmir
I've got dual nationality! Chinese & British ^^

Hilarious story~ I'd be completely freaked if I did that.. >.<

I loved Shanghai when I went this summer ^^ the shops.. the huge Jin Mao tower.. heart

We had ice cream in the bay area by the river at night. It was beautiful. heart  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:17 pm
Aww, poor Grandma and Maxi... Dx

I ate my share of dog biscuits when I was little. They don't taste super bad, but they're kinda dry. xD;;

My grandma tried to eat a plastic cookie I got for X-mas when I was young. But I suppose that's different. xD;;

ChibiTotoro222

yalie5

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:18 pm
ChibiTotoro222
Aww, poor Grandma and Maxi... Dx

I ate my share of dog biscuits when I was little. They don't taste super bad, but they're kinda dry. xD;;

My grandma tried to eat a plastic cookie I got for X-mas when I was young. But I suppose that's different. xD;;
lol that's hilarious. When my little brother was little he'd pick things up off the floor and eat it... i think he still does lol. and what did i use to do? i don't know... i think i was always too much of priss to do thatXP  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:20 pm
xd
But I feel sad for the dog. cry  

Rebirth Project

yalie5

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:32 pm
yes... we all feel for the dog... but grandma ate a dog biscut!! rofl  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:28 pm
yalie5
yes... we all feel for the dog... but grandma ate a dog biscut!! rofl

xD Dx rofl yeah, the doggie's got the tears xS  

a- K0KO-

Niphredil Ithilmir

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:42 pm
@Tiny - ooo~ there's this really nice Haagen Daaz shop there.. ^^ right by the river ^^  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff