Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
A bunch of idiots!!!! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should the illegal aliens be allowed to go to college?
  Yes
  No
  Who cares
View Results

Drarksupersaiyan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:16 pm
I was watching the NC nightly news at 11 like I usually do before I go to sleep and heard a issue about a Mexican group wanting us to let 13 illegals into a college. Honestly, I think that our school fellers are idiots if they are going to let people who have broken a law that we are supposed to enforce dearly upon into a school. Then people who wait there turns and come here legally. Plus, since we know there here illegally why ain't we deporting them? Discuss.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:39 pm
People shouldn't be judged by where they came from. Just because you were not fortunate to be born in the US doesn't mean that you should be stuck behind some border while tons of forms need to be filed and sorted to wait for years while your family is starving.  

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200

Drarksupersaiyan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:40 pm
Rainbowfied Mouse
People shouldn't be judged by where they came from. Just because you were not fortunate to be born in the US doesn't mean that you should be stuck behind some border while tons of forms need to be filed and sorted to wait for years while your family is starving.

Years? I have a family member who lived in Mexico for a couple because of business and when he came back to the states it took him a few months. Also I think your exaggerating about the starving. Mexico's economy is actually growing. Their economy is the 8th in the world last I checked. The jobs are starting to come back like the oil industry, their supposed to be getting really big now so is minerals, agriculture, new business of manufacturing and assembly, telecommunications, tourism.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:06 am
Drarksupersaiyan
Rainbowfied Mouse

Years? I have a family member who lived in Mexico for a couple because of business and when he came back to the states it took him a few months. Also I think your exaggerating about the starving. Mexico's economy is actually growing. Their economy is the 8th in the world last I checked. The jobs are starting to come back like the oil industry, their supposed to be getting really big now so is minerals, agriculture, new business of manufacturing and assembly, telecommunications, tourism.

I think you're generalizing. Our illegal immigrants don't just come from Mexico.

And yes, I know for a fact that many take years. I have many friends who have family waiting to come up here. My neighbors are Puerto Rican, and I actually know some illegal immigrants.

The only time I do not agree with illegal aliens staying here is when they work for less money in a business... but this is more the business's fault trying to pry to their advantage.  

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200

Drarksupersaiyan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:57 am
Rainbowfied Mouse
Drarksupersaiyan
Rainbowfied Mouse

I think you're generalizing. Our illegal immigrants don't just come from Mexico.

And yes, I know for a fact that many take years. I have many friends who have family waiting to come up here. My neighbors are Puerto Rican, and I actually know some illegal immigrants.

The only time I do not agree with illegal aliens staying here is when they work for less money in a business... but this is more the business's fault trying to pry to their advantage.

Your not getting the point. They came here illegally. They have broken the law. Your right that not ALL of your illegal aliens but most of them are. In 2005 we counted more then 10,000,000 aliens. And 57% are mexican. That was 4 years ago and we can definitely say that it has grown.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:05 am
I'm just saying, if I lived in an area I didn't like I'd move if I had the ability too, even if it involved "breaking the law." You know what else is illegal, speeding... do you report your Dad every time he goes 3mph over the limit? Do you expect the cop to arrest every person they catch going over the limit by at least 3mph?

((I am just saying 3mph over as that is Michigan's standard for "speeding"))  

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200

Drarksupersaiyan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:40 am
Rainbowfied Mouse
I'm just saying, if I lived in an area I didn't like I'd move if I had the ability too, even if it involved "breaking the law." You know what else is illegal, speeding... do you report your Dad every time he goes 3mph over the limit? Do you expect the cop to arrest every person they catch going over the limit by at least 3mph?

((I am just saying 3mph over as that is Michigan's standard for "speeding"))

Here if someone is going over the limit like 3 mph then you'll get a warning but if your going 15 mph then you'll get arrested. Speeding and Immigration are totally different. Were getting way off topic, I asked whether you think they should let people who have broken a major law into a school.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:07 am
Quote:
Speeding and Immigration are totally different.

There both the law. Therefore the argument works.

Quote:
Were getting way off topic,

This is part of my argument, so we're not off-topic.

Quote:
I asked whether you think they should let people who have broken a major law into a school.

And I restate
Quote:

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200

cherrydarlin999

5,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:32 am
*cherry*

I am all for letting immagrints from other countries living in ours...and going to college, etc. But I do think that they should be legal first. That isnt quite fair that an illegal alien can go to college even though they don't have a green card.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:41 am
Rainbowfied Mouse
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
I asked whether you think they should let people who have broken a major law into a school.

And I restate
Quote:

So your ok with letting people who have broken a major law and arent supposed to be here go to school.  

Drarksupersaiyan

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:59 am
Drarksupersaiyan
Rainbowfied Mouse
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

And I restate
Quote:

So your ok with letting people who have broken a major law and arent supposed to be here go to school.

Yes. I'm only against illegal immigrants that work for less than the minimum wage (but that's businesses taking advantage of them.) If they want to live here, work here, get an education here, all I can say is WELCOME TO AMERICA!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:29 am
Cherry is about 98% correct on this. My only caveat is that if illegals want to go to school, they should be ineligible for public grants and support. There are plenty of needy individual Americans who need those grants.

Furthermore, there should be no need for illegals to come here for university level education. UNAM is a fine school, the absolute best in Latin America and on par with anything you would get in the states. Illegals are more than capable of getting a first rate education in their own country, they do not need one here. But, if they are so inclined, they should pay for it themselves.  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:40 am
Lord Bitememan
Furthermore, there should be no need for illegals to come here for university level education. UNAM is a fine school, the absolute best in Latin America and on par with anything you would get in the states. Illegals are more than capable of getting a first rate education in their own country, they do not need one here. But, if they are so inclined, they should pay for it themselves.

Maybe there not looking into education levels, but environment. For example, if my university (uni A) and another with an equal education level (uni B) were located in two areas, and uni B had better climate for LGBTQIA students, I would prefer to go to uni B over uni A.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:57 am
Rainbowfied Mouse
Drarksupersaiyan
Rainbowfied Mouse
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

And I restate
Quote:

Yes. I'm only against illegal immigrants that work for less than the minimum wage (but that's businesses taking advantage of them.) If they want to live here, work here, get an education here, all I can say is WELCOME TO AMERICA!

Your going to let people who break a MAJOR law. I repeat break the LAW. When they can do the right way. Your letting people undermine a major law that needs to be upheld. Aliens are part of the unemployment crisis.

LB Edit: Warning, attack the ideas, not the person  

Drarksupersaiyan

Drarksupersaiyan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:08 am
Lord Bitememan
Cherry is about 98% correct on this. My only caveat is that if illegals want to go to school, they should be ineligible for public grants and support. There are plenty of needy individual Americans who need those grants.

I absolutely agree. But how would you punish those who have been caught here illegally.  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff