Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
Need help identifying an entity. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

8Bit Jack

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:57 pm
It's been a damned long time since I popped into one of these guilds... An active study of metaphysics has been put more or less on layaway for me.

At any rate, a friend of mine recently opened up and told me about a demon she saw when she was younger. It had come out of her closet (superhumanly fast, she described it), run over to her foster sister in the next bed over, and then ran back. It was about as tall as a person, with wrinkled grey skin, red eyes (perhaps black), hooked nose, and a wide grin. It kept its arms at its sides, forearm bent 90 degrees up from the elbow.

The way she described it to me it sounded like it could've easily been sleep paralysis, but she also mentioned that she felt an ominous vibe from said closet and always kept it closed. Her foster sister had left it open that night. She also had a knack for seeing things, and saw them often; orbs, silhouettes, mists, etc.

So. anyone able to shed any light on whatever the hell that thing was?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:31 pm
I go with demon. Definately

Unless someone else has any other opinions?  

Marokia

Blessed Sex Symbol

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:42 pm
I'm going to say it was either a delusion [because I used to get the same things when I was a kid] or a thought form at most.

No demon.

Always think the mundane before the extraordinary.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:46 pm
I wouldn't go with demon immediately, because it could very well be sleep paralysis, and little kids tend to not have reality set as hard as adults.

There's also a possibility that even if it was an entity, it's not identifiable because it could've just been seen as a combination of scary things, instead of what it actually is.  

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:31 am
The elements of the story (unnatural eye color, hooked nose, bursts out of closet, grinning) all seem to possess the features you'd find in scary stories/fairy tales for kids, and it wouldn't surprise me at all to discover that it was either part of a waking dream she was having or she experienced minor paranormal phenomena and then her mind started composing an entity to fit the phenomena produced. Also, given that she was unnaturally perturbed by the closet before the event, and that she discovered the closet was open when she awoke at night (I assume she was awoken, since you mentioned sleep paralysis), that's bound to make her freak a little bit. I'd go with "just a nightmare", tbh.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:32 pm
I agree with the above three.  

Magus Initi

-X-Luciferin-X-Bandit-X-

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:33 am
Nope. it's a demon, better burn that house down, and throw holy water on the ashes.

But seriously, It doesn't necessarily have to be a demon. It could have been a really creepy spirit. Or a thoughtform. Or basically anything mentioned earlier in this thread.

Maybe it was a very old hook-nosed robber who had drank too much coffee (explaining the quick movement and red eyes)... Who knows?

In any case, It didn't harm anyone, it just ran out of the closet and back, right? So... No harm no foul.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:10 pm
8Bit Jack
It's been a damned long time since I popped into one of these guilds... An active study of metaphysics has been put more or less on layaway for me.

At any rate, a friend of mine recently opened up and told me about a demon she saw when she was younger. It had come out of her closet (superhumanly fast, she described it), run over to her foster sister in the next bed over, and then ran back. It was about as tall as a person, with wrinkled grey skin, red eyes (perhaps black), hooked nose, and a wide grin. It kept its arms at its sides, forearm bent 90 degrees up from the elbow.

The way she described it to me it sounded like it could've easily been sleep paralysis, but she also mentioned that she felt an ominous vibe from said closet and always kept it closed. Her foster sister had left it open that night. She also had a knack for seeing things, and saw them often; orbs, silhouettes, mists, etc.

So. anyone able to shed any light on whatever the hell that thing was?

I'm going to go with thoughtform.

When you are a child especially, you have less of a grip on reality. This may translate on your perception of the astral plane and cause you to see something that is nothing more than a manifestation of the "ominous vibe" you feel from that closet.

Can't hurt you. If you really feel frightened of it, just put something on the door to calm you down. If your thoughts manifest themselves in your sight, write something on a piece of paper to calm your nerves and put it to the door, that way when you see the door you'll be reminded of that message and slowly the vision will disappear.

I'd go with "Don't be afraid" or something.  

Jokoria17

5,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

8Bit Jack

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:27 pm
While I'm pretty inclined to go with sleep paralysis, I neglected to elaborate that she wasn't the only person who saw things in that house. Her foster dad also saw stuff, but believed the ability to be evil and was a born-again christian. They were discussing it late one night, and she saw a white silhouette sitting on the couch next to her dad with its arm over his shoulders. She told him what she saw, and he said he knew; he said a prayer, and it went away.

So, again, this instance could easily have been sleep paralysis or the like, but there still seems to be potential that it was something else.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:34 pm
Well, then it sounds like a very POWERFUL thoughtform. I mean, poltergeists are just manifestations of negativity experienced in humanity, anyway, aren't they? It could be that something very negative occurred in one of these persons, or in this place. If it bothers them enough, burning some sage is the great thing for clearing out negative vibes- it gets rid of smells too.  

BenjaminDaniel

Koigokoro Konjou

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:47 am
I say sleep paralyzes. If it was a demon it would behave in that manor.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:56 pm
BenjaminDaniel
Well, then it sounds like a very POWERFUL thoughtform. I mean, poltergeists are just manifestations of negativity experienced in humanity, anyway, aren't they? It could be that something very negative occurred in one of these persons, or in this place. If it bothers them enough, burning some sage is the great thing for clearing out negative vibes- it gets rid of smells too.

I don't see how it would necessarily be a very powerful thoughtform, if all it did was exist and scare someone.  

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100

Jokoria17

5,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:09 am
AniMajor
BenjaminDaniel

I don't see how it would necessarily be a very powerful thoughtform, if all it did was exist and scare someone.

Thoughtforms are literally just manifestations of human emotions. They're around in my house all the time because one of us is always upset over something.

The more powerful the emotion behind it, in my opinion, the more persistent the thoughtform.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:04 pm
Mihi Cura Futuri
AniMajor
BenjaminDaniel

Thoughtforms are literally just manifestations of human emotions. They're around in my house all the time because one of us is always upset over something.

The more powerful the emotion behind it, in my opinion, the more persistent the thoughtform.

I have a problem with fueling thoughtforms, I simply play familiar and happy music to keep myself from a state of panic, because I can't help but feel uneasy near them. When people are younger they often have an overwhelming number of fears and emotional triggers which make it easy to classify this as just a thoughtform, however it really could be anything. It would be easier to figure out if it was determined that it happened more than once, or if it has shown itself to anyone else.  

Tac400

7,850 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Brandisher 100

Jokoria17

5,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:34 pm
I actually have that problem with thoughtforms...I notice "blobs" all over the place, of various different colors.

One ex whom I had and still have a particular attachment to, I feel like he's around and then I'll always see a bluish figure...

My adopted elder brother (deceased) is a reddish figure to me...  
The Occult Research Society

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff